Interesting Article

5) The Messiah would do life-affirming redemptive deeds
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Isaiah 61:1-2

New Testament citations: Luke 4:16-21

Why Don't Jews Believe In Jesus | The difference between Judaism and Christianity (simpletoremember.com)
Interesting article. It goes into detail why Jews reject Jesus as the Messiah
1) JESUS DID NOT FULFILL THE MESSIANIC PROPHECIES
What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:
A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world—on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
The historical fact is that Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic prophecies.
Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming, but Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright, and no concept of a second coming exists.

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID
According to Jewish sources, the Messiah will be born of human parents and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, (1) nor will he possess supernatural qualities.
The Messiah must be descended on his father’s side from King David (see Genesis 49:10 and Isaiah 11:1). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father—and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father’s side from King David! (2)

a) There is no Biblical basis for the idea of a father passing on his tribal line by adoption. A priest who adopts a son from another tribe cannot make him a priest by adoption;

The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus’ birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.
The verse in Psalms 22:17 reads: "Like a lion, they are at my hands and feet." The Hebrew word ki-ari (like a lion) is grammatically similar to the word "gouged." Thus Christianity reads the verse as a reference to crucifixion: "They pierced my hands and feet."

Many more at link
What do the Christians say to this article?
The only argument i can come up with is, "jews have their own religion wrong" :dunno:
LOL they try to spin what "almah" means :lol:
1) The Messiah would be resurrected
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Psalm 16:8-11

New Testament citations: Acts 13:35-37
That was about David finding out he will live forever through god, is it not?

2) The Messiah would bring in a new covenant
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Jeremiah 31:31

New Testament citations: Matthew 26:28, Luke 22:20, 2 Corinthians 3:6, Hebrews 8:6-13, Hebrews 9:15, Hebrews 12:24
Yeah, and that didnt happen. Thanks for backing the OP :lol:

3) The Messiah would be forsaken and pierced, but vindicated
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Psalm 22:1-31

New Testament citations: Matthew 27:35, 39, 43-44,46; Mark 15:34; John 19:23-24, Hebrews 2:11-12
Where does it say that?
It doesnt mention being pierced. Thats KJ bullshit.
I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint; my heart is like wax; it is melted within my breast; my strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to my jaws; you lay me in the dust of death. For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet—I can count all my bones—they stare and gloat over me; (Psalm 22:14-17 [Hebrew, 15-18]
Debunked in the OP. Next attempt?

Why Don't Jews Believe In Jesus | The difference between Judaism and Christianity (simpletoremember.com)
C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world—on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming, but Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright, and no concept of a second coming exists.

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID
According to Jewish sources, the Messiah will be born of human parents and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, (1) nor will he possess supernatural qualities.
The Messiah must be descended on his father’s side from King David (see Genesis 49:10 and Isaiah 11:1). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father—and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father’s side from King David! (2)

a) There is no Biblical basis for the idea of a father passing on his tribal line by adoption. A priest who adopts a son from another tribe cannot make him a priest by adoption;

The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus’ birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.
The verse in Psalms 22:17 reads: "Like a lion, they are at my hands and feet." The Hebrew word ki-ari (like a lion) is grammatically similar to the word "gouged." Thus Christianity reads the verse as a reference to crucifixion: "They pierced my hands and feet."

Many more at link
The only argument i can come up with is, "jews have their own religion wrong" :dunno:

New Testament citations: Matthew 26:28, Luke 22:20, 2 Corinthians 3:6, Hebrews 8:6-13, Hebrews 9:15, Hebrews 12:24

New Testament citations: Matthew 27:35, 39, 43-44,46; Mark 15:34; John 19:23-24, Hebrews 2:11-12
Where does it say that?
I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint; my heart is like wax; it is melted within my breast; my strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to my jaws; you lay me in the dust of death. For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet—I can count all my bones—they stare and gloat over me; (Psalm 22:14-17 [Hebrew, 15-18]
It seems your strategy is to deny all evidence that Jesus fulfilled the prophecies for the sole reason that that evidence proves Jesus met the prophecies.

6) The Messiah would be born of a virgin
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Isaiah 7:14

New Testament citations: Matthew 1:22-23, Luke 1:31-35

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link

Where does it say that?
It seems your strategy is to deny all evidence that Jesus fulfilled the prophecies for the sole reason that that evidence proves Jesus met the prophecies.
Evidence is a mistranslation? Lol ok boomer

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand another one :lol:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand another one :lol:
7) The Messiah would come according to a timetable
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Daniel 9:24-27

New Testament citations: Matthew 24:15-16, Mark 13:14-15, Galatians 4:4

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link

Where does it say that?
Lions pierce, dummy.

8) The Suffering Servant of Isaiah 53
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Isaiah 52:13-53:12

New Testament citations: Matthew 8:16-17, Matthew 20:28, Matthew 26:28, Matthew 27:59-60, Mark 10:45, Mark 14:24, Luke 22:20, John 12:37-38, Acts 8:32-35, Romans 10:16, Hebrews 9:28, 1 Peter 2:21-25

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link

Where does it say that?
Lions pierce, dummy.

New Testament citations: Matthew 8:16-17, Matthew 20:28, Matthew 26:28, Matthew 27:59-60, Mark 10:45, Mark 14:24, Luke 22:20, John 12:37-38, Acts 8:32-35, Romans 10:16, Hebrews 9:28, 1 Peter 2:21-25
Geeezus, stretch armstrong! :lol:

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link

Where does it say that?
Lions pierce, dummy.

Geeezus, stretch armstrong! :lol:

9) The Messiah would bear our sins and suffer in our place

Just stop. I have done quit reading your shit.
I'm just getting started. I'm exposing your strategy to deny all evidence that Jesus fulfilled the prophecies. It's working perfectly.

10) The Messiah would not remain dead, but see his seed, prolong his days and be exalted
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Isaiah 53:10-53:12

New Testament citations: Hebrews 9:28, 1 Peter 2:21-25, Luke 9:22

I'm just getting started. I'm exposing your strategy to deny all evidence that Jesus fulfilled the prophecies. It's working perfectly.

10) The Messiah would not remain dead, but see his seed, prolong his days and be exalted

Mistranslations arent evidence, you nitwit :lol:

Mistranslations arent evidence, you nitwit :lol:
Let's see how many more times you will use that excuse to deny all evidence that proves Jesus is the messiah.

11) The Messiah would be preceded by Elijah the prophet
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Malachi 4:5-6 [Hebrew Bible, verses 3:23-24]

New Testament citations: Matthew 11:14-15, Matthew 16:14, Matthew 17:9-13, Mark 6:14-16, Mark 9:11-13, Luke 1:16-17, John 1:21

Everything that happened to jesus was a allegory anyways, ding... Remember? :lol:

Everything that happened to jesus was a allegory anyways, ding... Remember? :lol:
Don't be silly. Each book and chapter has to be evaluated on it's own and within the overall context. Not something I would expect someone who wanted to dismiss it would do.

Here's another one for you to reject. You should get a stamp to make it easier.

12) The Messiah would be a prophet like Moses
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Deuteronomy 18:15-19

New Testament citations: Matthew 13:57, Matthew 21:46, Luke 24:19, John 1:21, John 1:25, John 6:14, John 7:40, Acts 3:22, Acts 7:37

13) The Messiah would be pierced
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Zechariah 12:10

New Testament citations: Matthew 24:30, John 19:31-37, Revelation 1:7

The correct translation for that verse is, "they will look onto Me concerning whom they have pierced and they will mourn for him"
"him" is referring to the Jewish people that die in battle
Context and proper translations mean everything.
Also, The chapter says In that day there will be a great mourning in Jerusalem like the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the plain of Megiddo which obviously didnt happen for Jesus. It did however happen for other messiahs.

The correct translation for that verse is, "they will look onto Me concerning whom they have pierced and they will mourn for him"
"him" is referring to the Jewish people that die in battle
Context and proper translations mean everything.
Also, The chapter says In that day there will be a great mourning in Jerusalem like the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the plain of Megiddo which obviously didnt happen for Jesus. It did however happen for other messiahs.

Forum List

Back