Intensive tax audits by IRS

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

So, the NY Times published an article about Comey and McCabe both being "randomly" chosen for this rare type of audit.

Now, while I have little doubt they were targeted, that misses the bigger story.

I watched a tax expert explain these audits yesterday, and they are used by the IRS to determine the difference between how much people are being taxed and how much is being paid. It is an internal system for their own analysis. People are chosen at random and they then have to undergo the most intensive audit the IRS does. Not because they are suspected of wrong doing or had an error on their taxes, but just because.

People end up paying thousands to tax lawyers to help them. The story last night said that Comey had to provide a copy of the family Christmas card to show as evidence his kids really lived with him the year he said they did.

People like Comey can afforded it, but the average Joe is just screwed.

Yet it goes on every year, year in year out no matter who is in the White House, no matter how controls Congress.

Thus this is not a party issue, it is not a left vs right issue.

It is a "what they hell" issue. Why is this even legal?

So, the NY Times published an article about Comey and McCabe both being "randomly" chosen for this rare type of audit.

Now, while I have little doubt they were targeted, that misses the bigger story.

I watched a tax expert explain these audits yesterday, and they are used by the IRS to determine the difference between how much people are being taxed and how much is being paid. It is an internal system for their own analysis. People are chosen at random and they then have to undergo the most intensive audit the IRS does. Not because they are suspected of wrong doing or had an error on their taxes, but just because.

People end up paying thousands to tax lawyers to help them. The story last night said that Comey had to provide a copy of the family Christmas card to show as evidence his kids really lived with him the year he said they did.

Yet it goes on every year, year in year out no matter who is in the White House, no matter how controls Congress.

Just do what you are told and no one gets hurt.

Now the lefty MSM are trying to imply that Trump somehow influenced the IRS to intensively audit both James Comey and Andrew McAbe and, if so, that that would be an abuse of his power. But, that very same lefty MSM don't seem to give a damn about all of the Democrat's abuse of power in order to audit, investigate, and release Trump's tax returns over many years and that doesn't even include all of the non IRS investigations into Trump's taxes by Democrats abusing their power for political purposes.

Just started a different thread on this.

But I feel you, and the MSM, are missing the real problem with the story.

Congress wants the IRS to be used as a political tool ... so Democrats can ream conservative political organizations and Republicans can ream liberal political organizations ...

If you don't like this ... vote for better congressmen ... or just pay the damn taxes ... just how much profit is there to running a political organization? ... maybe, just maybe, it's this profit that's the problem to begin with ...

This is a real problem because the tax code is so convoluted that even IRS employees can't give solid advice to taxpayers with important questions. Basically, there are enough sections of the code open to interpretation that just about anyone can be found in conflict with something.

This is a real problem because the tax code is so convoluted that even IRS employees can't give solid advice to taxpayers with important questions. Basically, there are enough sections of the code open to interpretation that just about anyone can be found in conflict with something.

That is a major problem as well.

Obama got away with felonious auditing of conserv organizations. Pays to be a bath house boy running coke with a wife who has a dick

If they didn't do anything wrong, they have nothing to worry about. Right?

Timmy Geithner didn't even understand them.

Through all history, tax collectors have been reviled and hated ... regularly murdered in cold blood ...

I'm going to blame Republicans here simply because this is an important plank of their political platform ... less government regulation ... and this starts by underfunding the IRS until the point they can't audit anyone ... you should be able to see why this is important to the Rich ... for the rest of us, just don't bother filing, the IRS won't come looking for you, they don't have the money ... hell, they just threw away 8 million paper returns because they don't have the manpower to process them all, or even to rent a place to store them ...

You've been filing electronically? .. tsk tsk tsk ... then you must like paying taxes ... thank you for paying my fair share as well ...

Were you concerned at all when the IRS targeted over 40 Conservative organizations? The IRS issued a formal apology for their abuse of power.

Were you concerned at all when the IRS targeted over 40 Conservative organizations? The IRS issued a formal apology for their abuse of power.

What is your opinion of the IRS choosing people at random and they then have to undergo the most intensive audit the IRS does. Not because they are suspected of wrong doing or had an error on their taxes, but just because?

You know, the topic of the thread...

We used to keep all our records forever in case we ever get audited. The CPA was "Oh no no no no no. The more you have the more they have to use against you cause once they come in. They will invent a mistake if they have to to justify their presence."

I was equally as upset when the Republicans simply dropped it all also.

So the EXTREME power granted the IRS is being abused YET AGAIN?

Time to disband that organization FOREVER.

McCabe was crying on CNN this morning saying some Trump holdover is after he and Comey.... Buuuuuaaaahahahaha
Now we will see why they corrupted the FBI... someone paid them.....

1657211831358.png

Forum List

Back