Instead of these boycotts and cries of RACISM, US Corporations and concerned citizens should make sure everyone has an ID

Anyone who negotiates a check has an ID. You need an ID to open a bank account, and if you don't have a bank account, you still need an ID to cash a check anywhere that cashes checks. That includes all people in this country with a job, as well as all people who receive government assistance (which includes homeless people).

The very notion that there's a whole class of adults in this country wandering around without ID is ludicrous. It's true that there are millions of people without ID, but those people are called children, and they aren't eligible to vote.

wheres there a strawman involved???
Unless you can find me saying anywhere here that I don't want secure elections it is a strawman.

I can not support voter ID and still want secure elections. As is shown by the fact that in 2016 there was an election after which a commission was formed to investigate voter fraud and none was found even with the full force of the government behind it. It is shown by this election that had literally hundreds of thousands of people looking for it. The full right-wing media establishment looking for it and be prepared to highlight every case that was found. The DOJ said no, judges said no, even lawyers who were litigating for Trump said they were not aware of voter fraud in court. All of this without a voter ID requirement in all states.

Give me added security that doesn't decrease turnout and I'm for it. Any measure that does decrease turnout requires anybody making a CREDIBLE assertion that would warrant that change.

Trying to establish that voter ID is the only way to have secure elections is simply false.
give me one good reason not to have them show the same ID when they vote that they used to register with??

or didnt you know they have to show ID to register??
Because ID's expire. Because people forget to bring it. Because very few cases of impersonating a voter have occurred. Because there are other ways to verify identity.

I just gave 4.

If these people do not have ID, they are not allowed to travel by plane, rail, or bus!

THATS RACIST! Just because they cant afford ID, you dont want them to be able to travel!

No ID should have to be shown to travel by air, rail, or bus. Fucking racist pieces of shit if you support showing ID to travel.

Thats a much better solution than all this bullshit...but leftists wont go for it because they do not want people to have to show ID to vote.

MLB and Delta can get together and start a project...”IDs for all”. They can make sure everyone who wants to vote gets an ID.

Advertise on TV, radio, podcasts...Say, “Cant afford an ID?” You or a friend call this toll free number. We will come to your house and take you to get an ID.

Problem solved!
Problem solved!
The GOP has yet to show it to be a problem anywhere despite years of crying.
just because you cant see something doesnt mean its there,,
Actually, I think what you where trying to say isn't there. Kind of critical in this context.

Here's the thing, unlike for instance the existence of God. The existence of massive voter fraud can be verified. Unlike God, there are active safeguards to make sure elections are honest. From recounts to ballot watchers, audits, to bipartisan election officials, to the DOJ who investigates fraud, to lawyers from both parties who litigate suspected fraud, to the bipartisan judicial system that rules onnthis litigation.

Saying that not seeing something doesn't mean it isn't there is a cliché that doesn't work in this context.
but who watches the watchers when the watchers wont let anyone watch them??
I'm not gonna waste my time in debunking all the myths you subject yourself to in your bubble, I will only say that NO claim of fraud or procedural objection was ruled favorable on by the courts.
the discussion is about voter iDs not fraud,,, so its understandable you wont waste time on it because there is no logical reason not to require an ID for one of the most important things we do as citizens of a country
Oh, really maybe the fact that millions of ELIGIBLE voter dont have an ID can be construed as a reason?

Or the fact that EVERY single state has a procedure to identify a voter and not all of them rely on a picture ID is a reason?

Or the fact that you nor anybody on the right can establish fraud to an extent that would warrant extra measures that would limit voting in any way?

I understand that to your narrative its better that you can detach what you would call voter security measures from actually being able to show they are necessary. But it is very relevant.

If the government wants to spend 1 trillion so they can arm against aliens I think you would require more than, "it's a possibility" as a justification.

So glad by the way you find voting the most important thing a citizen can do. Why wouldn't you want all eligible voters to do so than?

Can you give some examples of people who want to vote, but are being disenfranchised because they cannot obtain an ID?
Can you give some examples of people who want to vote, but are being disenfranchised because they cannot obtain an ID?
Students.
students dont know how to get an ID??

then how did they prove who they are to get into the school?? that requires an ID

then how did they prove who they are to get into the school?? that requires an ID
Student ID is not acceptable.
you’ll allow kids to use DLs from other states to vote?
I'm not allowing anything,,, and when did I say "student id"???
Derp....
How many states don’t allow student IDs for voting?
wouldnt know,,
wouldnt know,,
Derp....
Sooo...then you really don’t know how many voters are disenfranchised by these laws?
as far as I can see no one is disenfranchised when an photo ID is required,,
I have always had to flash my ID when voting. The county poll workers have large books with your name, address and signature. When you get to the table you pull out your ID and they check it, then they hand you a ballot and you go a machine and vote.

Anyone who negotiates a check has an ID. You need an ID to open a bank account, and if you don't have a bank account, you still need an ID to cash a check anywhere that cashes checks. That includes all people in this country with a job, as well as all people who receive government assistance (which includes homeless people).

The very notion that there's a whole class of adults in this country wandering around without ID is ludicrous. It's true that there are millions of people without ID, but those people are called children, and they aren't eligible to vote.

You cant get anyone to share any examples of these people.

I have asked numerous times.

Thats a much better solution than all this bullshit...but leftists wont go for it because they do not want people to have to show ID to vote.

MLB and Delta can get together and start a project...”IDs for all”. They can make sure everyone who wants to vote gets an ID.

Advertise on TV, radio, podcasts...Say, “Cant afford an ID?” You or a friend call this toll free number. We will come to your house and take you to get an ID.

Problem solved!
Problem solved!
Actually, I think what you where trying to say isn't there. Kind of critical in this context.

Here's the thing, unlike for instance the existence of God. The existence of massive voter fraud can be verified. Unlike God, there are active safeguards to make sure elections are honest. From recounts to ballot watchers, audits, to bipartisan election officials, to the DOJ who investigates fraud, to lawyers from both parties who litigate suspected fraud, to the bipartisan judicial system that rules onnthis litigation.

Saying that not seeing something doesn't mean it isn't there is a cliché that doesn't work in this context.
I'm not gonna waste my time in debunking all the myths you subject yourself to in your bubble, I will only say that NO claim of fraud or procedural objection was ruled favorable on by the courts.
the discussion is about voter iDs not fraud,,, so its understandable you wont waste time on it because there is no logical reason not to require an ID for one of the most important things we do as citizens of a country
Oh, really maybe the fact that millions of ELIGIBLE voter dont have an ID can be construed as a reason?

Or the fact that EVERY single state has a procedure to identify a voter and not all of them rely on a picture ID is a reason?

Or the fact that you nor anybody on the right can establish fraud to an extent that would warrant extra measures that would limit voting in any way?

I understand that to your narrative its better that you can detach what you would call voter security measures from actually being able to show they are necessary. But it is very relevant.

If the government wants to spend 1 trillion so they can arm against aliens I think you would require more than, "it's a possibility" as a justification.

So glad by the way you find voting the most important thing a citizen can do. Why wouldn't you want all eligible voters to do so than?

Students.

Derp....
wouldnt know,,
wouldnt know,,
Derp....
Sooo...then you really don’t know how many voters are disenfranchised by these laws?
Elections: Issues Related to State Voter Identification Laws [Reissued on February 27, 2015] (gao.gov) This study begs to differ
I can give more.

Unless you can find me saying anywhere here that I don't want secure elections it is a strawman.

I can not support voter ID and still want secure elections. As is shown by the fact that in 2016 there was an election after which a commission was formed to investigate voter fraud and none was found even with the full force of the government behind it. It is shown by this election that had literally hundreds of thousands of people looking for it. The full right-wing media establishment looking for it and be prepared to highlight every case that was found. The DOJ said no, judges said no, even lawyers who were litigating for Trump said they were not aware of voter fraud in court. All of this without a voter ID requirement in all states.

Give me added security that doesn't decrease turnout and I'm for it. Any measure that does decrease turnout requires anybody making a CREDIBLE assertion that would warrant that change.

Trying to establish that voter ID is the only way to have secure elections is simply false.
give me one good reason not to have them show the same ID when they vote that they used to register with??

Because ID's expire. Because people forget to bring it. Because very few cases of impersonating a voter have occurred. Because there are other ways to verify identity.

I just gave 4.
those are piss poor excuses since they have 2 yrs to prepare for it,,

sounds like youre saying some people are to stupid to be prepared,,,

Problem solved!
Problem solved!

Students.

Derp....
wouldnt know,,
wouldnt know,,
Derp....
Elections: Issues Related to State Voter Identification Laws [Reissued on February 27, 2015] (gao.gov) This study begs to differ
I can give more.
more piss poor excuses,,,

Problem solved!
Problem solved!

Students.

Derp....
wouldnt know,,
wouldnt know,,
Derp....
I have always had to flash my ID when voting. The county poll workers have large books with your name, address and signature. When you get to the table you pull out your ID and they check it, then they hand you a ballot and you go a machine and vote.

In Arizona, they have it on a computer database. This last election, they had a bunch of computer workstations set up, with poll workers walking among them. You went to the first open workstation, entered your information to bring up your database file, poll worker came by and checked your ID, entered a code verifying that you had valid ID, and you went to the printer station where another poll worker handed you your ballot. Showing ID has been standard practice every time I've ever voted since becoming an adult.

I just gave 4.

Yup some people are stupid. Guess what... that's not considered a reason to disenfranchise. But hey if you want a college degree to be a requirement, I don't think most Democrats would disagree.

As to excuses. Don't ask me for reasons if you consider them excuses. Again. You want millions of people to not vote for a problem that has occurred a bit over a dozen times since 2000. Does that sound reasonable to you?

I just gave 4.

Yup some people are stupid. Guess what... that's not considered a reason to disenfranchise. But hey if you want a college degree to be a requirement, I don't think most Democrats would disagree.

As to excuses. Don't ask me for reasons if you consider them excuses. Again. You want millions of people to not vote for a problem that has occurred a bit over a dozen times since 2000. Does that sound reasonable to you?
I want everyone to vote,, just have to prove its them voting just like we require in every other important thing people do,,

now if you want to be consistent and do away with all ID requirements then we can talk,, I suggest you start with gun purchases and then move to driving and work your way down from there,,,

otherwise youre a lying hypocrite,,,

Problem solved!
I'm sure that voting rights organizations will facilitate the burden of obtaining an acceptable ID for folks without them, and the partisan attempt to deprive an American of her vote will only make her more determined to exercise her right.

Barriers to voting are a partisan issue because one side obviously wants to suppress the vote while the other side wants to increase it, both in their own respective interests.

The overwhelming evidence is that there are very, very few instances of fraudulence, so it is a solution for which there is no problem, but, if voting means that a citizen must flash an ID at a poll nanny, he'll flash an ID at a poll nanny.

To have an impact in altering the results of an election, a coordinated caper requires conspirators, and in significant numbers in most cases. Obviously, hacking computerized tabulations is an infinitely more efficient approach.

The irony is that privacy-conscious conservatives have traditionally opposed the State imposing such restrictions, vehemently resisting the multiple advantages of a National Identification card. Demanding an ID for voting is a step toward the slippery slope to the State's requiting one for all firearm purchases as well, including all private sales.

Be careful what you lobby for.

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 1.09.19 PM.png

"I stopped the punk from voting on Tuesday,
and confiscated his shooties on Thursday!
"John Smith" and a pic of Justin Bieber my ass!"

If Republicans wanted Blacks to vote, which they certainly do not, then they would open up more polling places in minority areas. Several hours to stand there to vote is in itself voter suppression in Georgia as well as other Republican controlled states with large populations of Blacks.

Problem solved!
A valid ID for free, sure.

If Republicans wanted Blacks to vote, which they certainly do not, then they would open up more polling places in minority areas. Several hours to stand there to vote is in itself voter suppression in Georgia and as well as other Republican controlled states with large populations of Blacks.
most blacks are in dem areas,, so its on them if thats their excuse,,

If Republicans wanted Blacks to vote, which they certainly do not, then they would open up more polling places in minority areas. Several hours to stand there to vote is in itself voter suppression in Georgia and as well as other Republican controlled states with large populations of Blacks.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Many blacks live in black communities that generally vote Democrat anyway.

If Democrats want secure elections....which they certainly DO NOT, they would want a voter to show ID to vote.

Give me some examples of people who want to vote, but cannot because they cannot obtain an ID.

I just gave 4.

I want everyone to vote,, just have to prove its them voting just like we require in every other important thing people do,,

now if you want to be consistent and do away with all ID requirements then we can talk,, I suggest you start with gun purchases and then move to driving and work your way down from there,,,

You want everybody to vote providing they prove it's them? Voter ID Laws - Vote.org This already happens.

Going for another strawman I see? Where do I say here, or anywhere that I want to get rid of ID requirements?

Not for nothing, this is getting tedious. So far I've seen you use 2 strawmen, ask a question to take my answer as "excuses" and in general refuse to engage my actual premises, and now trying to do an appeal to hypocrisy... badly I might add.

I like arguing and thanks for at least refraining from being impolite, but at some point it gets boring.

I just gave 4.

You want everybody to vote providing they prove it's them? Voter ID Laws - Vote.org This already happens.

Going for another strawman I see? Where do I say here, or anywhere that I want to get rid of ID requirements?

Not for nothing, this is getting tedious. So far I've seen you use 2 strawmen, ask a question to take my answer as "excuses" and in general refuse to engage my actual premises, and now trying to do an appeal to hypocrisy... badly I might add.

I like arguing and thanks for at least refraining from being impolite, but at some point it gets boring.
then what have you and all the others been complaining about???

If Republicans wanted Blacks to vote, which they certainly do not, then they would open up more polling places in minority areas. Several hours to stand there to vote is in itself voter suppression in Georgia as well as other Republican controlled states with large populations of Blacks.

Oh, geez, more talking points. "I was told to know that you don't want black people to vote, and I was told to know that you limit polling places because of that, and I was told to know that people are waiting hours in line to vote because of it, and so THAT'S THE TRUTH!!! Look at this ridiculous propaganda site that told me to know it!!"

I'm curious whether or not you actually wonder why it is that people look at your name on a post and automatically dismiss it as garbage.

New Topics

Forum List

Back