instead of marriage penalty, Senator Josh Hawley Plan Gives ‘Marriage Bonus’ To Married Parents With Young Children

marriage is a good thing

Well, that would really turn many welfare recipients on their ear.

A lot of people aren't aware that, aside from money of course, the major difference between a child being raised in poverty and one being raised well above the poverty line is marriage.

If only 25 or 30 percent of the unmarried people living together with their kids got married, the poverty rate would plummet.

The far-left would never allow that to happen. The cat would be out of the bag. Taxpayers would finally learn why the Democrats demand to reward bad behavior.

Well, that would really turn many welfare recipients on their ear.

A lot of people aren't aware that, aside from money of course, the major difference between a child being raised in poverty and one being raised well above the poverty line is marriage.

If only 25 or 30 percent of the unmarried people living together with their kids got married, the poverty rate would plummet.

The far-left would never allow that to happen. The cat would be out of the bag. Taxpayers would finally learn why the Democrats demand to reward bad behavior.
It is so easy to see this. But to get other social justice edicts pushed marriage had to be taken down a few pegs. To strengthen the nation this must be improved. And ironically, if we go full authoritarian, the all powerful state will make sure it improves. Better to do it with freedoms or what is left of them.

marriage is a good thing

This is amazing, and the Conservative Cultural Revolution may well be underway. Let's hope so.

The best advice I ever got outside the Bible was from my mother. She said before our marriage, "Put your marriage first and your children will be better off for it." This is counter cultural in my demographic, at least it was in the early 00s, when everything was "for the kids". But man. Is it the best advice, made better by the fact that I'd seen my parents live it out for their marriage.

A good marriage adds exponential value to life happiness, not to mention the benefits to children, economic standing, etc.

I don’t understand this. is he saying that parents should get even MORE money from childless adults and retirees? Don’t we already have the Government Child Support Payment going on? (And it’s wrong to call it a tax credit. You get the full amount whether you owe taxes or not.)

Why don't he just vote for the Build back better plan?

Hawley’s plan would give single parents with children under 13 $6,000 in parent tax credits and married parents with children under 13 $12,000 in tax credits, the senator’s office announced in a press release.

• Banned
Hawley's a babyface. it'll be a long time before he grows old. he can wait his turn to be president, doesn't have to be right away

Forum List

Back