InSight Crime Presents Guatemala Cross-Border Crime and Corruption Investigation

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011

Drug trafficking has been reconfigured in Guatemala. The large clans that traditionally dominated the business have broken up. Now the main actors are small groups consisting of members of public security forces, politicians and criminals, who fight to control a combination of land and maritime routes. Guatemala’s border departments illustrate these trends and are part of a region of the country where the anti-corruption struggle has not gained footing.

These were the central issues discussed during a seminar in which InSight Crime’s Co-director Steven Dudley and investigators Héctor Silva Ávalos and Alex Papadovassilakis presented the results of a long-term investigation on criminal dynamics within Guatemala’s border region. The discussion was moderated by Marielos Monzón, the general coordinator of Cycles of Updates for Journalists (Ciclos de Actualización para Periodistas -CAP).

This came out in early February. The article provides excellent information as well.

Drug trafficking has been reconfigured in Guatemala. The large clans that traditionally dominated the business have broken up. Now the main actors are small groups consisting of members of public security forces, politicians and criminals, who fight to control a combination of land and maritime routes. Guatemala’s border departments illustrate these trends and are part of a region of the country where the anti-corruption struggle has not gained footing.

These were the central issues discussed during a seminar in which InSight Crime’s Co-director Steven Dudley and investigators Héctor Silva Ávalos and Alex Papadovassilakis presented the results of a long-term investigation on criminal dynamics within Guatemala’s border region. The discussion was moderated by Marielos Monzón, the general coordinator of Cycles of Updates for Journalists (Ciclos de Actualización para Periodistas -CAP).

This came out in early February. The article provides excellent information as well.

I wonder how much their strategy, and all their associates, changed after Trump lost...CHA CHING!!!???

I wonder how much their strategy, and all their associates, changed after Trump lost...CHA CHING!!!???

Yep.

Yep.

I get a frown from Talks A Lot. WTF. Speak up...lol

Yep.

Oh, I put it on ignore. I'm not even dealing with it.

Yep.

Oh, I put it on ignore. I'm not even dealing with it.

Talks thumbs up to your OP. Frowns to mine. So stupid when people neg a post and never say why....lol

Forum List

Back