Inkjet printers are filthy, lying thieves

Superlative

Mar 13, 2007
A new study says that on average, more than half of the ink from inkjet cartridges is wasted when users toss them in the garbage. Why is that interesting? According to the study, users are tossing the cartridges when their printers are telling them they're out of ink, not when they necessarily are out of ink.

The study by TÜV Rheinland looked at inkjet efficiency across multiple brands, including Epson (who commissioned the study), Lexmark, Canon, HP, Kodak, and Brother. They studied the efficiency of both single and multi-ink cartridges. Espon's printers were among the highest rated, at more than 80 percent efficiency using single-ink cartridges. Kodak's EasyShare 5300 was panned as the worst printer tested, wasting 64 percent of its ink in tests. TÜV Rheinland measured cartridge weights before and after use, stopping use when printers reported that they were out of ink.

That's the first problem. Printers routinely report that they are low on ink even when they aren't, and in some cases there are still hundreds of pages worth of ink left......

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070618-study-inkjet-printers-are-filthy-lying-thieves.html

We can never take our eyes of the corporations .

We must always remember its money only that promts their behavior and just like a street thug you have to watch them and be ready for them to take you.

Never believe that a printer is out of ink till it quits printing.
I also refill my cartridges. sweetly cheap. I got the refill kits on clearance too.

We must always remember its money only that promts their behavior and just like a street thug you have to watch them and be ready for them to take you.

True enough, but we have to watch them like the con man with the shell game on the corner of the street where the street thug lurks.

Lexmark throwin' in the towel on inkjet printers...
:confused:
Lexmark to quit inkjet printer business
28 August 2012 - Lexmark's shares soared on the news it was quitting the inkjet printer business
Lexmark has announced it will quit the inkjet printer business as part of efforts to improve its profitability. The US firm said it would stop development of the technology by 2013 and close its inkjet supplies factory in Cebu, Philippines by 2015. It added that 1,700 jobs would be lost as a result. The company said it expected the move to save it $95m (£60m) a year in savings. It also intends to sell some of its 1,000 inkjet-related patents.

The move follows the firm's most recent earnings report in which its net profit fell to $39.2m for the April to June quarter, 61% lower than the previous year. "Today's announcement represents difficult decisions, which are necessary to drive improved profitability and significant savings," said Lexmark's chairman and chief executive Paul Rooke in a statement. The firm will continue to sell laser printers and will also focus on its imaging software and document management services.

Squeezed inks

Lexmark has effectively been squeezed out of a declining business. Sales of inkjet equipment are falling as users increasingly post their pictures to social media sites rather than print them out. What remains of the market is dominated by HP, Canon and Epson which account for 90% of inkjet sales worldwide, according to data from Reuters.

Lexmark had already made moves to shift out of the industry, axing 625 posts in its consumer inks division in January. At the end of last year it had a total of 13,300 workers. While the latest move is designed to save costs in the long run, Lexmark has warned that it will have to absorb a $160m restructuring charge involved with the move. Even so, its shares closed up by 13.73% at $21.62, in New York trade on Tuesday.

BBC News - Lexmark to quit inkjet printer business

True enough, but we have to watch them like the con man with the shell game on the corner of the street where the street thug lurks.

And while you are doing that, the government has emptied your pockets.

And when you turn all pissed off at the thief, they demand, and get a thank you very much.

:eusa_hand:

Politico wrote: Printers are tools of the devil. Who knew.
:eusa_eh:
Granny says, "Dat's right...

... `cause he been thrown down to the earth...

... an' he knows his time is short...

... (Rev. 12.12).
:eek:

Never believe that a printer is out of ink till it quits printing.
I also refill my cartridges. sweetly cheap. I got the refill kits on clearance too.
The problem is that some printers (e.g. HP all in one under Linux) won't let it print when IT(hplip toolbox) says the cartridge is empty. Ironically I had my all in one blinking yesterday and had to remove the color cartridge to be able to print.Then this thread appears.:eek: Praze GeeZiss!It's not empty.The programberg says it is, so it shuts it down.Damn near conspiratorial, aint it.
Like others, I have a refill kit so I don't much give a shit. The idiots that don't are screwed.
I'll refill tomorrow.....or not. I never print color anyway and refilled the black about a month ago.I snatched out the color cartridge yesterday and am sitting her looking at this annoying !!! / !!! / !!! light blinking warning me of 901C not installed.

New Topics

Forum List

Back