Injured California rabbi gets a call from President Donald Trump: 'He was just so comforting

joeblack81

Rookie
Apr 15, 2019
The rabbi injured in the California synagogue shooting on Saturday said he found comfort in a personal call from President Donald Trump.
Rabbi Yisroel Goldstein of Chabad in Poway described the 10- to 15-minute conversation with Trump as meaningful.

The rabbi injured in the California synagogue shooting on Saturday said he found comfort in a personal call from President Donald Trump.
Rabbi Yisroel Goldstein of Chabad in Poway described the 10- to 15-minute conversation with Trump as meaningful.

Good grieve. Do you have a simple text instead of this awful computer-voice in the video?

offcourse I GIVE YOU :)
Injured California rabbi gets a call from President Donald Trump: 'He was just so comforting

"He was just so comforting," Goldstein said at a press conference Sunday afternoon. "I’m really grateful to our president for taking the time and making that effort to share with us his comfort and consolation.”

Goldstein, 57, said he received the call at home and was amazed to hear the White House secretary on the line. It was his first conversation with a U.S. president, he said.
he rabbi was one of three injured when a gunman opened fire on Saturday while the congregation celebrated the last day of Passover. One woman, Lori Gilbert-Kaye, was killed as she shielded Goldstein from gunfire. Goldstein said she was a longtime friend and devoted member of the congregation.

“He shared with me condolences on behalf of the United States of America,” Goldstein said of Trump's call. “We spoke about the moment of silence. And he spoke about his love of peace and Judaism and Israel."

The 19-year-old suspected gunman walked into the synagogue with an AR-style assault weapon and opened fire on worshippers shortly before 11:30 a.m. local time, police said.

'Final good deed': Woman hailed as hero after taking bullets to protect rabbi during synagogue shooting

California gun laws: An 'AR-type assault weapon' was used in Poway synagogue shooting, police say

Trump called the attack a hate crime before leaving the White House for a rally in Wisconsin on Saturday night and offered thoughts and prayers on Twitter.

"My deepest sympathies go to the people that were affected – the families, the loved ones – by the, obviously – looks right now based on my last conversations – looks like a hate crime," Trump said. "Hard to believe, hard to believe."

The attack came about six months after the shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, which left 11 people dead. The gunman in that attack allegedly screamed anti-Semitic epithets at the victims, such as "All Jews must die."

"He was just so comforting," Goldstein said at a press conference Sunday afternoon. "I’m really grateful to our president for taking the time and making that effort to share with us his comfort and consolation.”

Goldstein, 57, said he received the call at home and was amazed to hear the White House secretary on the line. It was his first conversation with a U.S. president, he said.
he rabbi was one of three injured when a gunman opened fire on Saturday while the congregation celebrated the last day of Passover. One woman, Lori Gilbert-Kaye, was killed as she shielded Goldstein from gunfire. Goldstein said she was a longtime friend and devoted member of the congregation.

“He shared with me condolences on behalf of the United States of America,” Goldstein said of Trump's call. “We spoke about the moment of silence. And he spoke about his love of peace and Judaism and Israel."

The 19-year-old suspected gunman walked into the synagogue with an AR-style assault weapon and opened fire on worshippers shortly before 11:30 a.m. local time, police said.

'Final good deed': Woman hailed as hero after taking bullets to protect rabbi during synagogue shooting

California gun laws: An 'AR-type assault weapon' was used in Poway synagogue shooting, police say

Trump called the attack a hate crime before leaving the White House for a rally in Wisconsin on Saturday night and offered thoughts and prayers on Twitter.

"My deepest sympathies go to the people that were affected – the families, the loved ones – by the, obviously – looks right now based on my last conversations – looks like a hate crime," Trump said. "Hard to believe, hard to believe."

The attack came about six months after the shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue in
Pittsburgh, which left 11 people dead. The gunman in that attack allegedly screamed anti-Semitic epithets at the victims, such as "All Jews must die."

Hmm - I never will understand what's going on in such people. Why is a human being wasting energy for senseless destructions and evil murder? It's the same to me what Donald Trump says here. "Hard to believe, hard to believe". Catholics and other Christians, Muslims, Jews - everywhere on the planet in North South East and West were murdered from godless people - on reason of learned hate, Antisemitism here. Sure died millions on other reasons too in the same time - but this makes it not more easy to see all this senseless violence, which respects not even praying people in their houses of god.

Last edited:

The attack came about six months after the shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue in
Pittsburgh, which left 11 people dead. The gunman in that attack allegedly screamed anti-Semitic epithets at the victims, such as "All Jews must die."

Hmm - I never will understand what's going on in such people. Why is a human being wasting energy for senseless destructions and evil murder? It's the same to me what Donald Trump says here. "Hard to believe, hard to believe". Catholics and other Christians, Muslims, Jews - everywhere on the planet in North South East and West were murdered from godless people. Sure died millions on other reasons too in the same time - but this makes it not more easy to see all this senseless violence, which respects not even praying people in their houses of god.

That's lovely.

I'm old enough to remember when this kind of thing happened only every 20 years or so, and it was a big deal if 2 or 3 people were shot.

But now, well, we have a country where the biggest religious group are people with no religion at all, and Catholics are only the second biggest group.

Is there a connection between people abandoning God and more random shootings?

I think so.

Nobody should feel comfort at this once in generation occurrence. And yet Islam hates Jews too. It was even allied with NAZIS. Hitler praised ISLAM, even modeled it's anti Semitism on Islam, Islam wants to exterminate Jews. And come to think of it, all westerners, especially free thinking homosexual agnostics. Especially THAT group. But defend them, they do..Morons.

I'm old enough to remember when this kind of thing happened only every 20 years or so, and it was a big deal if 2 or 3 people were shot.

But now, well, we have a country where the biggest religious group are people with no religion at all, and Catholics are only the second biggest group.

Human matches containing the fire of hate exist always. In dry stormy time they cause wildfires. That's what you are - a burning match of hate in a spiritually dry world - with your stupid attacks against Muslims in the name of the holy catholic church. You are the smoker on the roof of Notre Dame. And when Muslims and Catholics will be in in war with each other then you will be the happy man full of bombastic moral for other people.

Last edited:

I think so.
I agree, Blackrook. Something is going on when people send their children both to public schools and Church schools. When I was young, we came out believing in God.

However, public schools are taught by people who are the product of Academia which was dissing Scientists who believe in the seventies. These teachers passed on their disenchantment with the belief system. I think the cancer grew from College Academia to Junior and Senior High Schools following this kind of indoctrination. One of our political party is composed of people who do not believe to accommodate their get-out-of-my-way abortion proponents, and about 3 Presidential elections ago proclaimed no more prayers because "most people" are atheists. That is only true of people indoctrinated by atheists as a good way to get out of church, to get out of responsibility, and to do whatever it is that makes you happy. Without a conscience, brought about by religious instructions, what we're seeing now is people thinking they have the right to murder anyone who displeases a thought in their head.

I'm blaming the professors who intentionally exposed people in the teaching profession to become atheists and question every single thing that cannot be proved. They also destroyed the parents in these childrens' eyes, and families are going through break offs by the children to drive somewhere when they're 18, set up camp with others, get on drugs and schmooze through life doing things they know is wrong, such as stealing, abandoning partners when the first disagreement arises, and affiliate themselves with do-anything-one-cares-to-do atheists.

I have no idea how to cure people from doing drugs, liking it, and never getting off cloud 9 long enough to be human. And the government agrees to let taxpayers bear the burdens for these goof-offs, until they off themselves with a bad drug, cheerfully delivered by a drug cartel fat cat who disappears into the woodwork when someone dies from his poorly-manufactured hard drug that's a little to hard to survive.

Human matches containing the fire of hate exist always. In dry stormy time they cause wildfires. That's what you are - a burning match of hate in a spiritually dry world - with your stupid attacks against Muslims in the name of the holy catholic church. You are the smoker on the roof of Notre Dame. And when Muslims and Catholics will be in in war with each other then you will be the happy man full of bombastic moral for other people.

I tell the truth about the Muslims, that doesn't mean I hate them.

I tell the truth about the Muslims, that doesn't mean I hate them.

Sigh

o-POPE-FRANCIS-facebook.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back