"Inflation Reduction Act of 2022

Trump isn't anywhere near this travesty, assclown.
Those who remained dead silent while Trump was setting record spending and adding $8 trillion to the debt can just STFU now.

(AP) What started as a $4 trillion effort during President Joe Biden's first months in office to rebuild America's public infrastructure and family support systems has ended up a much slimmer, but not unsubstantial, compromise package of inflation-fighting health care, climate change and deficit reduction strategies that appears headed toward quick votes in Congress.
Lawmakers are poring over the $739 billion proposal struck by two top negotiators, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and holdout Sen. Joe Manchin, the conservative West Virginia Democrat who rejected Biden's earlier drafts but surprised colleagues late Wednesday with a new one.
The bill would invest $369 billion over the decade in climate change-fighting strategies including investments in renewable energy production and tax rebates for consumers to buy new or used electric vehicles.
The biggest revenue-raiser in the bill is a new 15% minimum tax on corporations that earn more than $1 billion in annual profits.
It's a way to clamp down on some 200 U.S. companies that avoid paying the standard 21% corporate tax rate, including some that end up paying no taxes at all.
The new corporate minimum tax would kick in after the 2022 tax year and raise some $313 billion over the decade.
Money is also raised by boosting the IRS to go after tax cheats. The bill proposes an $80 billion investment in taxpayer services, enforcement and modernization, which is projected to raise $203 billion in new revenue — a net gain of $124 billion over the decade.
The bill sticks with Biden's original pledge not to raise taxes on families or businesses making less than $400,000 a year.
The lower drug prices for seniors are paid for with savings from Medicare's negotiations with the drug companies.
It's broken down to include $60 billion for a clean energy manufacturing tax credit and $30 billion for a production tax credit for wind and solar, seen as ways to boost and support the industries that can help curb the country's dependence on fossil fuels.

Comment:
The Democratic Party's 725-page “Inflation Reduction Act of 2022" is another fraud and kick-back spending looting spree.
It doesn't "fight inflation"
It makes inflation worse.
All the climate change spending is an epic boondoggle waste of money.
It's just a last chance money grab by greedy Schumer and Pelosi and the corrupt Democrats.
This spending bill was not needed.

Dimm's have an uncanny knack to name their bills that end up doing the opposite!!

Dimm's have an uncanny knack to name their bills that end up doing the opposite!!
The top 20% of Americans by income have received more than 60% of the tax savings. After two years, the tax cuts never paid for itself with economic growth, according to Maya MacGuineas, president of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.[25]
Tax cut and jobs act of 2017 Wiki

The top 20% of Americans by income have received more than 60% of the tax savings. After two years, the tax cuts never paid for itself with economic growth, according to Maya MacGuineas, president of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.[25]
Tax cut and jobs act of 2017 Wiki
20% of Muricans pay over 90% of the income taxes.....DUUUUH!

So you're for the bill that reduces deficit spending! Fantastic. Have a GREAT day
I'm for bills that would abolish over 1/2 the federal gubmint......This "reducing the deficit" after you've already blown a $3 trillion hole in it is more of the DC hokey-pokey 3-card Monte....That's why partisan hack lemmings like you fall for it.

It's a flawed question based on anything at all.

You want to eat a bucket of shit, or just a bowl of it?
So what are you whining about. Did you hear Trog whining about it? I prefer this bill (if submitted to the original, and asked.
And, no, I do not want any of your lunch leftovers, as I just had some excellent pork chops and rice.

So what are you whining about. Did you hear Trog whining about it? I prefer this bill (if submitted to the original, and asked.
And, no, I do not want any of your lunch leftovers, as I just had some excellent pork chops and rice.
Don't GAF....This bill is just the same old bucket of shit doled out in a smaller portion...Little wonder saps like you fall all over yourselves th hump the legs of drips like Manchin.

Don't GAF....This bill is just the same old bucket of shit doled out in a smaller portion...Little wonder saps like you fall all over yourselves th hump the legs of drips like Manchin.
Not me. It is better than the first bill as it has potential to reduce deficit. Manchin can be a pain in the ass, but he is more fiscal conservative than the average on either side, unless you are just thinking he rejected the first bill, simply to be a prima donna.

Your comment is proof you are a fool.

• Income inequality is a product of tax cuts, by
    • Deductions limited by Trump, Ryan and McConnell impacts home owners
    • The top two brackets were eliminated by the Reform above
200 Billion Dollar Corporations pay zero in income taxes
  • Jobs are plentiful, and wages are going up under Biden
  • Obama & the Democrats got us out of the Great Recession by spending. By spending, jobs were created
    • Workers payed income taxes
    • Worker did not collect aid
    • Roadways were made safer
    • As were bridges, tunnel and dams
The Democrats caused the Great Recession.
The Democrats are causing this recession and it might be an even worse one.

Last edited:
It's a flawed question based on anything at all.

You want to eat a bucket of shit, or just a bowl of it?
Exactly. They act like, if you object to eating the bowl of shit, that must mean you would rather have the bucket of shit that was originally offered. It can't be that you would rather eat no shit. These people are so disingenuous.

Not making an argument, simply asking based on his statements.
What statements suggested he preferred the original BBB? I think his statements made it pretty obvious that he would prefer neither bill. You realize the legislative branch doesn't have a quota of bills they're REQUIRED to pass, right? They're also permitted to exercise restraint and not pass a bill.

Forum List

Back