"Inflation Reduction Act of 2022

Difference of opinion is the stuff of politics. Good place to have the conversation.
IMO? The only reason we are not in terrible trouble, is because the culture is different than it was in the 70's.

Back when I was a kid, every teenager, from 16 years of age up, had a job. Now? Most middle class kids, and rich kids don't work. So there are a lot of "minimum wage," low skilled jobs, that most folks think of as teen jobs, that are being used by the working poor, to support families and single folks in their twenties and thirties. At least that is what I am seeing where I am sitting. Hell, there is an excess of these types of jobs. But real jobs? :dunno:

If the labor market continues to be flooded by illegals, and/or, if some of those businesses go under, or if some of those jobs get automated, from the reading on this bill, and the propaganda in the mass media, we will be once again, entering a stagflationary death spiral.

1659079704698.png

If the only employment opportunities, in reality that are available, are places like Walmart, Target & McDonalds, and real employment indicators, like Housing Starts, orders for new vehicles, etc. start dropping off? WE ARE DOOMED. Especially with what they have planned in this legislation.

1659080898059.png

If anyone asked me? IMO? We are staring into the headwinds of terrible mismanagement of the national economy, and a new stagflation.
Is no one in D.C. reading the news and paying attention? Or are they really doing this all to us again on purpose? :dunno:

It is like they learned not a damn thing in the 70's.

. . or? Alternatively, like many cynics have been saying, maybe they did, and all this policy being is done on purpose? :dunno:

IMO? The only reason we are not in terrible trouble, is because the culture is different than it was in the 70's.

Back when I was a kid, every teenager, from 16 years of age up, had a job. Now? Most middle class kids, and rich kids don't work. So there are a lot of "minimum wage," low skilled jobs, that most folks think of as teen jobs, that are being used by the working poor, to support families and single folks in their twenties and thirties. At least that is what I am seeing where I am sitting. Hell, there is an excess of these types of jobs. But real jobs? :dunno:

If the labor market continues to be flooded by illegals, and/or, if some of those businesses go under, or if some of those jobs get automated, from the reading on this bill, and the propaganda in the mass media, we will be once again, entering a stagflationary death spiral.

View attachment 675873

If the only employment opportunities, in reality that are available, are places like Walmart, Target & McDonalds, and real employment indicators, like Housing Starts, orders for new vehicles, etc. start dropping off? WE ARE DOOMED. Especially with what they have planned in this legislation.

View attachment 675879

If anyone asked me? IMO? We are staring into the headwinds of terrible mismanagement of the national economy, and a new stagflation.
Is no one in D.C. reading the news and paying attention? Or are they really doing this all to us again on purpose? :dunno:

. . or? Alternatively, like many cynics have been saying, maybe they did, and all this policy being is done on purpose? :dunno:

From end of post to beginning:
We never learn from history in application, only as far as history tests in colleges and universities.

I am not as pessimistic in economic outlook, as you. Could be, because somewhat insulated from it, as was not always the case. What I learned from the 70s and how I fared, was that people further along and more prepared, fared better, but I got by, make some changes, but continued to progress, while the economy smoothed out. I suspect people who keep plugging away, will progress and those that don't won't.

I cannot speak to what you call the "flood of illegal aliens" on the job market, as 1. I never had to compete with them. 2. It is not legal to hire illegal aliens and sooner or later enforcement will catch up. We need to be putting employers that hire illegals in jail. Let them lose their homes and lifestyle, as these traitorous bastard, illegally make a buck by screwing American workers. As for automation, it is part and parcel to progress and competition on the global market. People have to work to prepare for their future, developing need skills. Minimum wages was never supposed to be a lifestyle end choice.

Yes. Worked all my life, also. Before I had real jobs, with hours, steady pay and daily committement of time, I was putting up mowing laws, putting up antennae systems, working in tobacco fields, hauling hay and selling chord wood, mostly buy my own stuff since 13. I have only had one minimum wage job in my life, but got lots of hours and was able to live away from home for a summer. Still in HS, built Honda motorcycles at largest dealership on the planet, working full time hours, but basically my schedule, while still going to school, generating income equal to my dad. Nothing special about me, than most that always worked, because they wanted more and there was always somebody that wanted me to do something. So I was in the working game early, paying taxes and looking toward the future.

From end of post to beginning:
We never learn from history in application, only as far as history tests in colleges and universities.

I am not as pessimistic in economic outlook, as you. Could be, because somewhat insulated from it, as was not always the case. What I learned from the 70s and how I fared, was that people further along and more prepared, fared better, but I got by, make some changes, but continued to progress, while the economy smoothed out. I suspect people who keep plugging away, will progress and those that don't won't.

I cannot speak to what you call the "flood of illegal aliens" on the job market, as 1. I never had to compete with them. 2. It is not legal to hire illegal aliens and sooner or later enforcement will catch up. We need to be putting employers that hire illegals in jail. Let them lose their homes and lifestyle, as these traitorous bastard, illegally make a buck by screwing American workers. As for automation, it is part and parcel to progress and competition on the global market. People have to work to prepare for their future, developing need skills. Minimum wages was never supposed to be a lifestyle end choice.

Yes. Worked all my life, also. Before I had real jobs, with hours, steady pay and daily committement of time, I was putting up mowing laws, putting up antennae systems, working in tobacco fields, hauling hay and selling chord wood, mostly buy my own stuff since 13. I have only had one minimum wage job in my life, but got lots of hours and was able to live away from home for a summer. Still in HS, built Honda motorcycles at largest dealership on the planet, working full time hours, but basically my schedule, while still going to school, generating income equal to my dad. Nothing special about me, than most that always worked, because they wanted more and there was always somebody that wanted me to do something. So I was in the working game early, paying taxes and looking toward the future.
6od0sm.jpg

View attachment 675873

View attachment 675879

"They" don't care. They are becoming the ruling elite class by exploiting government power.

"THEY" are becoming filthy rich and living lavish life styles through corruption and exploitation.
They couldn't care less what happens to the peasant class.

New Topics

Forum List

Back