Independent's View: OWS is ALL Whackjobs... At least that's what I USED to think....

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
Whether they want to deny or not, Tea Partiers have a LOT in common with OWS.
Both started out as unorganized, spontaneous groups who decided to protest in public.
Both received a lot of well-deserved criticism at first. Of course Liberals will claim that FOX never did this to the TP, just as Conservs will claim NOBODY is doing this to OWS.
I remember seeing news footage and lots of pics of TPers carrying guns and even assault rifles to protests. Did they use any of them? Not that I know of. But that still made me think "WTF? What whackjobs!", as did most Independents, Moderates and non-Conservs I know.
Same with OWS. Really people? Pooping in public? WTF? What a bunch of whackjobs!
Tea Partiers were 99.9% white, and mostly old. Conservs went out of their way to show pics and say "Look! A Black guy!"
OWS is mixed but mostly young. They go out of their way to show Vets and businesspeople.

The Left exxagerated about the Tea Party, claiming they were inciting violence etc...
Now The Right exxagerates about "violent Liberals" in OWS. Of course, there WAS violence but it was against the OWS protesters not by them.
Unless by violence you mean pooping! OMG Violent poop!

I think that at first, this description of "whackjob" would have accurately described the overwhelming majority of OWS.
But now? Now there are a LOT of business owners (like our neighbor), veterans, regular working people etc...
I discovered this the same way I discovered the Tea Party wasn't all whackjobs. Personal intereaction.

I really believe that if some reasonable and strong leaders emerge, this thing will dwarf the Tea Party. They already have in some respects. Because of my occupation, I read a dozon or so international newspapers every day. I've already read about OWS in the Times of India, France 24, Deutschland Magazine, Hong Kong Standard etc....
The Tea Party? No one outside the USA has ever heard of them. No one in the world is impressed by a group of people who fight for the rights of the rich. Who champion the noble cause of "The rich need protecting!".
The rest of the world just ins't that stupid. They know that the rich don't need protecting or anyone to champion their cause for them.
Now obviously, there is more to the Tea Party than fighting "wealth distribution" but personally, the idea of having to go from $30,000 a month, all the way down to $29,400 a month, doesn't exactly scare me. I don't need that kind of protecting nearly as badly as a homeless vet needs shelter. Travel the world and anyone you'll meet, finds the idea ludicrous and believes that these TPers have been duped somehow.

So what will the OWS become? Probably a Liberal Version of the Tea Party although probably a much larger and more powerful one.
The Tea Party is already fighting for things well beyond their stated goals. Like any well-meaning group, their leaders have added their personal agenda to that of the group. So while the group mostly remains pure to the ideals, those leading it are now lobbying on behalf of AT&T, fighting for legislation on social issues that have nothing to do with fiscal responsibility etc... It happens.

The same thing will determine the fate of OWS - at least in the USA. It will come down to Leadership. Once they get organized, leaders will emerge. Then they will either launch like a rocket, crash like a comet or become just another lobbying, agenda pushing group fighting for the rights of "those poor union executives" or some such nonsense. It will depend on who emerges as their eventual leaders.

it is exciting to watch though!

Independent logic my ass. You can't think you way out of a shit filled paper bag.. but nice try.

Independent logic my ass. You can't think you way out of a shit filled paper bag.. but nice try.

LOL! Lemme see. Did not address the topic at all. The facts pointed out about the similarities between OWS & TP, the world coverage, the growth of the movement or the changing perception. ZERO.
Just a petty insult, anger and the usual tactic of labeling anyone who disagrees with you.

Got it. That would make you a Conservative.
I am sure that your fellow Conservatives and TPers will have nothing different to offer: Don't address the issue, just attack the poster. It's all you guys seem to have nowadays...:lol:

Last edited:

LOL! Lemme see. Did not address the topic at all. The facts pointed out about the similarities between OWS & TP, the world coverage, the growth of the movement or the changing perception. ZERO.
Just a petty insult, anger and the usual tactic of labeling anyone who disagrees with you.

Got it. That would make you a Conservative. It's all you guys seem to have nowadays...:lol:

Interesting. When I pointed out the similarities, you were one of those who disagreed. Funny how that works, huh?

Widyo Willyo does not address any topic in a sane way. Just an echo box for Faux talking points. The idea of having an original idea is a constant source of fear for her.

Got it. That would make you a Conservative. It's all you guys seem to have nowadays...:lol:

Interesting. When I pointed out the similarities, you were one of those who disagreed. Funny how that works, huh?

The difference between us being, I can and have admitted to being wrong. Even with people who were hostile or complete uh, well what your badge says. If they're right and I'm wrong, I admit it.
Just like with the Tea Party. I used to say they were just a bunch of whackjobs. When I first got here and had the GALL to ask them what they were about, many attacked for no reason. Whackjobs. But eventually I found the resonable members who would discuss the topic.
And I admitted I was wrong.
Again, the difference between us is I can do that.

There are no similarities,, that's why I said what i did. Now crawl back into your paper bag and quit spewing liberal dreck.

The difference between us being, I can and have admitted to being wrong. Even with people who were hostile or complete uh, well what your badge says. If they're right and I'm wrong, I admit it.
Just like with the Tea Party. I used to say they were just a bunch of whackjobs. When I first got here and had the GALL to ask them what they were about, many attacked for no reason. Whackjobs. But eventually I found the resonable members who would discuss the topic.

On the rare occasion that I am wrong, I'm always happy to admit it. So - again - you are wrong.

Stop getting your 'facts' from biased media. It will assist in your ability to use facts to inform yourself.

There are no similarities,, that's why I said what i did. Now crawl back into your paper bag and quit spewing liberal dreck.

Actually, there are. Inconvenient, but true. The main difference being that the TEAs were smart enough to target those who are:

a. responsible
b. replaceable

Actually, there are. Inconvenient, but true. The main difference being that the TEAs were smart enough to target those who are:

a. responsible
b. replaceable
And that would be about every politician in it for themselves, thier party, and fucking the people they are supposed to represent.

The TEAs battle is at the ballot box.

On the rare occasion that I am wrong, I'm always happy to admit it. So - again - you are wrong.

Stop getting your 'facts' from biased media. It will assist in your ability to use facts to inform yourself.

I do admit researching among other things, media outlets. So which outlet is it that you find so biased: The Hong Kong Standard? Times of India? France 24? FOX? WSJ?

Oh, and if you actually pay attention to what is stated, it will assist you in responding more intelligently. From the OP:
"I discovered this the same way I discovered the Tea Party wasn't all whackjobs. Personal interaction."

Now you were saying what about bias? Can you say irony? :lol:

I do admit researching among other things, media outlets. So which outlet is it that you find so biased: The Hong Kong Standard? Times of India? France 24? FOX? WSJ?

Oh, and if you actually pay attention to what is stated, it will assist you in responding more intelligently. From the OP:
"I discovered this the same way I discovered the Tea Party wasn't all whackjobs. Personal interaction."

I know full well what the TEA parties are... I interact with them a lot.... since a bunch of my family were supporting the concept of the TEAs during the Bush Administration. Which is why I know (despite the insistence of the left wing media) that they are a reaction to the black guy in the white house.

I rarely use the media as a source for information. There are very few who can write facts without spinning those facts to suit their own agenda.

I know full well what the TEA parties are... I interact with them a lot.... since a bunch of my family were supporting the concept of the TEAs during the Bush Administration. Which is why I know (despite the insistence of the left wing media) that they are a reaction to the black guy in the white house.

I rarely use the media as a source for information. There are very few who can write facts without spinning those facts to suit their own agenda.

So that has what exectly to do with the fact that you said I was getting all my info from the "biased media" and I showed you were wrong? Um yeah. Dodge much?

So that has what exectly to do with the fact that you said I was getting all my info from the "biased media" and I showed you were wrong? Um yeah. Dodge much?

Face it son. YOU have been emasculated...man up. :lol:

Face it son. YOU have been emasculated...man up. :lol:

Actually, I owned her. Someone who wasn't really stupid would see that.

But as I predicted earlier in this thread:

"I am sure that your fellow Conservatives and TPers will have nothing different to offer: Don't address the issue, just attack the poster. It's all you guys seem to have nowadays... ZERO. :lol:"

Thanks so MUCH for proving me right! Of course, it was easy. I mean, it's not like you guys think for yourselves or anything.

Both started out as unorganized, spontaneous groups who decided to protest in public.
Both received a lot of well-deserved criticism at first. Of course Liberals will claim that FOX never did this to the TP, just as Conservs will claim NOBODY is doing this to OWS.
I remember seeing news footage and lots of pics of TPers carrying guns and even assault rifles to protests. Did they use any of them? Not that I know of. But that still made me think "WTF? What whackjobs!", as did most Independents, Moderates and non-Conservs I know.
Same with OWS. Really people? Pooping in public? WTF? What a bunch of whackjobs!
Tea Partiers were 99.9% white, and mostly old. Conservs went out of their way to show pics and say "Look! A Black guy!"
OWS is mixed but mostly young. They go out of their way to show Vets and businesspeople.

The Left exxagerated about the Tea Party, claiming they were inciting violence etc...
Now The Right exxagerates about "violent Liberals" in OWS. Of course, there WAS violence but it was against the OWS protesters not by them.

I think that at first, this description of "whackjob" would have accurately described the overwhelming majority of OWS.
But now? Now there are a LOT of business owners (like our neighbor), veterans, regular working people etc...
I discovered this the same way I discovered the Tea Party wasn't all whackjobs. Personal intereaction.

I really believe that if some reasonable and strong leaders emerge, this thing will dwarf the Tea Party. They already have in some respects. Because of my occupation, I read a dozon or so international newspapers every day. I've already read about OWS in the Times of India, France 24, Deutschland Magazine, Hong Kong Standard etc....
The Tea Party? No one outside the USA has ever heard of them. No one in the world is impressed by a group of people who fight for the rights of the rich. Who champion the noble cause of "The rich need protecting!".
The rest of the world just ins't that stupid. They know that the rich don't need protecting or anyone to champion their cause for them.
Now obviously, there is more to the Tea Party than fighting "wealth distribution" but personally, the idea of having to go from $30,000 a month, all the way down to $29,400 a month, doesn't exactly scare me. I don't need that kind of protecting nearly as badly as a homeless vet needs shelter. Travel the world and anyone you'll meet, finds the idea ludicrous and believes that these TPers have been duped somehow.

So what will the OWS become? Probably a Liberal Version of the Tea Party although probably a much larger and more powerful one.
The Tea Party is already fighting for things well beyond their stated goals. Like any well-meaning group, their leaders have added their personal agenda to that of the group. So while the group mostly remains pure to the ideals, those leading it are now lobbying on behalf of AT&T, fighting for legislation on social issues that have nothing to do with fiscal responsibility etc... It happens.

The same thing will determine the fate of OWS - at least in the USA. It will come down to Leadership. Once they get organized, leaders will emerge. Then they will either launch like a rocket, crash like a comet or become just another lobbying, agenda pushing group fighting for the rights of "those poor union executives" or some such nonsense. It will depend on who emerges as their eventual leaders.

There not all wackos at all, But as a group on a whole their Demands, and Ideas are very Short sighted, and childish. Everyone wishes that everyone else made 20 Bucks and hour, but wanting it, and actually being able to have it are 2 different things.

The Tea-Baggers are a fringe group of LOUD radicals that got WAAAY to much attention.

The #OccupyWallStreeters are the voice of the People. Regardless of what happens, they have CHANGED the conversation from the direction that the radical RWers of the Tea-Bag movement took it too.

Other than managing to elect a bunch of non-experienced, radical RWers to Congress, what have the TeaBaggers accomplished? They have not kept one promise. Not one up to date.

They are, and never was, serious.

Excellent post, although you're way to kind to those radical fringers.

Forum List

Back