Incredible speech

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
I found this video buried in one of my threads. It deserves it's own thread.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFz1VVXsWRU]Incredible Speech By Wall Street Protester "End The Fed" 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

How can anyone disagree?

Do you have a clue as to what the fed does?

One can argue that current fed policy is less or more incompetent, but getting rid of it entirely is entirely insane.

One can argue that current fed policy is less or more incompetent, but getting rid of it entirely is entirely insane.

This is a matter of opinion.

I can't help but shake my head in disbelief that any conservative would advocate a centrally planned economy with our currency being controlled and manipulated by a public/private banking cartel.

Nothing about the Fed is even REMOTELY conservative in nature, in terms of today's conservative political ideals.

I can't help but shake my head in disbelief that any conservative would advocate a centrally planned economy with our currency being controlled and manipulated by a public/private banking cartel.

Nothing about the Fed is even REMOTELY conservative in nature, in terms of today's conservative political ideals.
Would you favor the politicians be in control of both fiscal and monetary policy? Does that actually make sound sense to you?

Last edited:

Would you favor the politicians be in control of both fiscal and monetary policy? Does that actually make sound sense to you?

Why go we need anyone in charge of monetary policy?

Why go we need anyone in charge of monetary policy?

Because we've heard the phrase "monetary policy" our entire lives and think that because the phrase exists and is used by government, that it must mean we need it.

To answer the question though, I favor politicians being in charge of as little as possible. I don't see why the free market can't manage the money supply. But then I'm a conservative, so go figure huh?

Why go we need anyone in charge of monetary policy? [ /QUOTE]

Because we've heard the phrase "monetary policy" our entire lives and think that because the phrase exists and is used by government, that it must mean we need it.

To answer the question though, I favor politicians being in charge of as little as possible. I don't see why the free market can't manage the money supply. But then I'm a conservative, so go figure huh?

Left in a power vacuum the politicians will grab control of monetary policy to enhance their power over the fisc.
There will always be bankers.
The currency is the stock in trade of the bankers.
To increase the quantity of currency is to increase their shares of stock which diminishes the value of that stock.
It is not in their interest to do that without strong justification.
When they do, it's probably a political motive; I.E. compliance with political forces.

I see myself as a conservative too, just with another point of view.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back