Inconsiderate dog owners.

petro

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2013
The cold north
So how many also have neighbors who let their dogs wander unrestrained through the neighborhood?

I don't have a dog. Love them as a species, just don't have the time to properly take care of one. Which leads to those that shouldn't own one.
I constantly step on crap and now the one neighbors dog digs under my shed and trailer to chase rabbits. Come to find my trailer a couple weeks ago with lighting wires all chewed up and trailer out of position. Suspected the dog, but no proof. Yesterday I catch the dog in the act. Neighbor sees me putting trailer back on block and comes over to tell me his dog digs there because of small critters under my shed.

I got real annoyed at that point and responded, "No, its because the dog is allowed to roam despite a city leash law which is stated in the monthly news letter".
That the dog needs to be kept in his yard and out of mine. Problem solved.
He actually looked dumbfounded I held him responsible.

Some folks shouldn't have pets.

Last edited:
I hate those who insist on having an outside dog and allow it to bark endlessly

we have goat/pig/chicken/goose crap from one end of the farm to the other

ergo....fido ain't no thing

~S~

The neighbors behind him have those annoying ankle bitters. Bark constantly.
Really wish a Coyote would get them. One roamed through our yard couple weeks ago. Even a local Bald Eagle maybe?

We have one acre lots here its fairly rural.

When I was a kid in the 70s, it was common in the community where I lived for people to let their dogs roam. People didn't live so close together that it was a problem.

When I was a kid in the 70s, it was common in the community where I lived for people to let their dogs roam. People didn't live so close together that it was a problem.
DNR has a rule that if any domestic dog chases protected game it may be shot on site in MN.

It is in the owners interest and liability to keep track of their animals.

Usually the same people that don't follow leash laws and the like don't follow other rules either. They don't follow things like "stay off the grass", "do not leave the path" because rules apply only to others.

My son when he worked on cars a few years ago told me a story of a hoarder lady who brought in her minivan. Filled to the ceiling with crap.
During performing their work he had to access the rear of the vehicle and found a dog so decomposed that all that was left was bones and hair and the hair was infused with the carpeting.
:wtf:

They just covered it back up, fixed her ride and never mentioned it.

Last edited:
Really wish a Coyote would get them. One roamed through our yard couple weeks ago. Even a local Bald Eagle maybe?

It is tough when you are in a semi rural. People seem to think you don’t need to be a responsible dog owner. When my dogs start barking, I call them in. I don’t let practice it. And they aren’t left out at night or when no one is home.

My son when he worked on cars a few years ago told me a story of a hoarder lady who brought in her minivan. Filled to the ceiling with crap.
During performing their work he had to access the rear of the vehicle and found a dog so decomposed that all that was left was bones and hair and the hair was infused with the carpeting.

Wtf....

TMI and WTF! Dare I say that I've met more dogs I like than people.

It is tough when you are in a semi rural. People seem to think you don’t need to be a responsible dog owner. When my dogs start barking, I call them in. I don’t let practice it. And they aren’t left out at night or when no one is home.
Sad thing is.
The dog is a beautiful Irish Setter. Has absolutely zero training or discipline and comes across as rather stupid. That I believe is from effectively being ignored by its owners.
I am a huge defender of Pitbulls on this site even. Our good friend has a sweetheart and we dog sit him ocassionally.
I have no patience for owners who ignore or abuse animals or have no regard for others regarding their responsibilities of their animals.
Neighbor across street backs up to county highway and lost two dogs to car strikes before he decided to fence in.
A month ago almost smacked a dog that ran across rural highway.

New Topics

Forum List

Back