incoming ian

I live right in the middle of the Ian Cone of Death. On the eastern side of Tampa.

Been spending the last few days preparing.

We are 50 ft above sea level so there is not worry of flooding.

Plenty of food, water, propane and enough gasoline to run my generator for two weeks.

It being Florida I have small backup low wattage window AC unit so that we can at least sleep at night. It won't cool the whole house but make the master bedroom suite livable.

The 2200 watt generator can run the refrigerator and window AC on the Econ mode with enough left over for lights and maybe even a fan.

We can do cooking on the Big Green Egg and a gas grill.

It won't be the most comfortable living but we will do fine until the power gets restored.

I take responsibility for my own well being. No need to rely on the government.

By the way, plenty of guns and ammo. Looters will be shot. This ain't no New Orleans.

Godspeed

NASA rolled back the SLS rocket to the Vehicle Assembly Building again. The crawler by the way was built for the Apollo program and runs on 4 Diesel engines. It has been renovated a couple of times.
what does that have to do with hurricane ian?

I remember Hurricane Donna in 1960. It knocked down the swimming dock in Lake Carmel, NY, and completely destroyed the diving board. It hit our house, and removed our hammock, which we saw go flying through the air. We never saw that nice, canvas hammock again. It must have landed in somebody else's yard, and I guess they wound up with a free hammock.

I live on high ground east of Tampa so I am not worried about flooding.

My son, who lives in a flood zone in Tampa, is evacuating.

The big question is where is it going to landfall. The farther north the more wind shear that will diminish the wind. The farther south the less impact to the Tampa/St Pete metroplex.

Right over Tampa will be a nightmare.
That's about where it seems to be heading as of this writing.

I tell ya wut, Cuba did not do to the thing what I hoped it would. That eye is still very defined and powerful. :(

Yep. It`s called Capitalism and that has no conscience.
Some of the finest and most productive charities in America exist because of donations$$$ from capitalist corporations (ASPCA, St Jude's Cancer Center for children, Wounded Warrior Project)

Oh shit! I forgot I was filling my bathtub. Well! It's to the max full! :auiqs.jpg:

A smart man would make a tub full of clean dishwater right now. Think I'll have a beer and think about it.

Isn't it just clean water to start with, and only becomes dishwater once you start washing dishes?

Forum List

Back