incoming ian

I live right in the middle of the Ian Cone of Death. On the eastern side of Tampa.

Been spending the last few days preparing.

We are 50 ft above sea level so there is not worry of flooding.

Plenty of food, water, propane and enough gasoline to run my generator for two weeks.

It being Florida I have small backup low wattage window AC unit so that we can at least sleep at night. It won't cool the whole house but make the master bedroom suite livable.

The 2200 watt generator can run the refrigerator and window AC on the Econ mode with enough left over for lights and maybe even a fan.

We can do cooking on the Big Green Egg and a gas grill.

It won't be the most comfortable living but we will do fine until the power gets restored.

I take responsibility for my own well being. No need to rely on the government.

By the way, plenty of guns and ammo. Looters will be shot. This ain't no New Orleans.
Try and pass on your observations to us as it occurs

No shit Sherlock. All hurricanes do this at/ after landfall.

Glad you pay attention to the Weather Channel.....duhh!
but the difference between you and I is I know why. you flap your dickskinner and get slapped by folks who know better.

New Orleans was stupid for decades.

I think you underestimate the height and power of Cuba mountains to tear a hurricane up.

This ain't my 1st rodeo. There's mountains higher in Cuba than anything in Florida.

They are serious business.

But the storm has to pass over those high ones and the center will be 75 miles to the west. Clearly you have knowledge but are misapplying it in this case.

New Topics

Forum List

Back