Income inequality you say? Let's start with pro sports

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Obozo screams about businessmen that get $10 million a year for running a company that makes useful products like cars or computers but says it's ok for useless non-productive jocks to make $50 mill. It's all about race with obozo, since so many athletes are black.

Top 10 highest-paid athletes in professional sports

10. Zack Greinke, $29,020,000

9. Alex Rodriguez, $29,900,000: A New York Yankees player, Rodriguez is the highest-paid player in baseball. His $257 million deal extends through 2017, so he's pretty much set for life. A-Rod also has almost $1 million in endorsement deals, and will get an additional $6 million if he reaches 660 home runs.

8. Peyton Manning, $31,000,000: With endorsement deals that almost match his salary, it's no wonder Denver Broncos player Peyton Manning is among the best paid. He is football's biggest endorser, earning a whopping $13 million. That, added to his $18 million salary, makes him the number 8 highest paid. Last year, he was named number 7, but somehow I think the $31 million will get him through.

7. Derrick Rose, $33,403,000

6. Phil Mickelson, $39,528,000

5. Tiger Woods, $40,839,027: Although Tiger Woods hit a bit of a rough patch over the last few years, he earned more than anyone on Tour over the last year. His Nike, EA, and Rolex deals are part of what give him an estimated $33 million in endorsements. (The Nike deal is a huge moneymaker.) Although Mickelson earns more in endorsements, Woods makes $7.8 million in winnings.

4. Kobe Bryant, $46,850,000

3. Drew Brees, $47,800,000s.

2. LeBron James, $56,545,000: He's the second highest paid athlete with $39 million in endorsements, $17.5 million in salary. The Miami heat player has a Nike deal to thank (apparently Nike plays extremely well), but, when comparing salaries, James is considered an "underpaid" NBA star.

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr., $90,000,000: As the only boxer on this list, Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s salary nearly doubles that of the second highest-paid athlete. He has $0 in endorsements, but it doesn't matter because his May 4 fight with Robert Guerrero garnered him $32 million, with the pay-per-view giving him another $13 million. He's due for a similar payday in September, which will bump his salary to almost $100 million.

Pro Sports IS business, dumbass.

Now where did anyone say "it's ok for useless non-productive jocks to make $50 mill"?

Last edited:
Obozo screams about businessmen that get $10 million a year for running a company that makes useful products like cars or computers but says it's ok for useless non-productive jocks to make $50 mill. It's all about race with obozo, since so many athletes are black.

9. Alex Rodriguez, $29,900,000: A New York Yankees player, Rodriguez is the highest-paid player in baseball. His $257 million deal extends through 2017, so he's pretty much set for life. A-Rod also has almost $1 million in endorsement deals, and will get an additional $6 million if he reaches 660 home runs.

8. Peyton Manning, $31,000,000: With endorsement deals that almost match his salary, it's no wonder Denver Broncos player Peyton Manning is among the best paid. He is football's biggest endorser, earning a whopping $13 million. That, added to his $18 million salary, makes him the number 8 highest paid. Last year, he was named number 7, but somehow I think the $31 million will get him through.

5. Tiger Woods, $40,839,027: Although Tiger Woods hit a bit of a rough patch over the last few years, he earned more than anyone on Tour over the last year. His Nike, EA, and Rolex deals are part of what give him an estimated $33 million in endorsements. (The Nike deal is a huge moneymaker.) Although Mickelson earns more in endorsements, Woods makes $7.8 million in winnings.

2. LeBron James, $56,545,000: He's the second highest paid athlete with $39 million in endorsements, $17.5 million in salary. The Miami heat player has a Nike deal to thank (apparently Nike plays extremely well), but, when comparing salaries, James is considered an "underpaid" NBA star.

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr., $90,000,000: As the only boxer on this list, Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s salary nearly doubles that of the second highest-paid athlete. He has $0 in endorsements, but it doesn't matter because his May 4 fight with Robert Guerrero garnered him $32 million, with the pay-per-view giving him another $13 million. He's due for a similar payday in September, which will bump his salary to almost $100 million.

Clear cut proof you have absolutely no grasp on what market value is. What a moron. :lol:

Yes....it is all about race with Obama. You make such an excellent point. Did you notice that your list was exactly half black.....just like the POTUS? Man....that dude controls everything!

Cons should hate pro sports. Revenue Sharing, Salary Caps, Strong Unions, high league minimums. Wish we would try that in the real world.

Last edited:
The solution to the problems that stem from massive income inequity is progressive taxation.

Of course if the government wasn't too often picking winners there'd probably be no problem with income and wealth inequuity.

About that its generally our chums on the right (not my lefties chums) who truly understand the nature of that problem.

Many of the vast fortunes that exist exist ONLY because of their relationshio to those in power in government.

But Not all the wealthy (not even a majority, not even a small percentage) are bloody parasites using the government to get rich.

IN fact most wealthy people are a BOON to society because they get things done.

They TOO are victime=s of this unholy cabal of government and SOME corporations.

Last edited:
Yes....it is all about race with Obama. You make such an excellent point. Did you notice that your list was exactly half black.....just like the POTUS? Man....that dude controls everything!

Hey stinkybutt. Address the issue and tell us how any of these jocks earn their huge salaries. Don't tell me they're making money for their employer - everyone knows that. Tell us how their "job" benefits society.

Clear cut proof you have absolutely no grasp on what market value is. What a moron. :lol:

HAHAHA. As always, you simply "respond" with personal attacks. Thanks for admitting i'm right.

Nothing personal but you are a moron. What does that amount of money that an entertainer make have to do with anything? The money they make is based on what consumers consume.

And from what the Repubs say, I should be greatly opposed to these professional athletes paying 4 or 5% more in Federal income tax.

Why I should be opposed to that they don't say. Isn't 30 or 40 million dollars a year a bit much for playing a game? And I should be concerned about how much tax they pay? LMAO.

If not the athletes, then who should get those millions? People like us who attend the games and watch on TV are getting these people paid. So if we're going to complain about athletes getting the money, my next question who should the money go to?

Hey stinkybutt. Address the issue and tell us how any of these jocks earn their huge salaries. Don't tell me they're making money for their employer - everyone knows that. Tell us how their "job" benefits society.

Who says a job has to "benefit" society?

And yes, these bozos are overpaid. I show my contempt, by not watching games.

The difference however is that as far as I know, no pro sports team has EVER done something as stupid as say produce a video showing its employees how to go get welfare.

SS should be mad at the owners. The money you pay to buy team merchandise and watch the games goes to the owners. The owners then pay the athletes. Economics 101 should be a required course.

If not the athletes, then who should get those millions? People like us who attend the games and watch on TV are getting these people paid. So if we're going to complain about athletes getting the money, my next question who should the money go to?

You've got it all wrong. Under capitalism you don't direct where the money goes ( except for welfare). The answer is for the stupid americans to stop following sports so much. I haven't seen a football game in 20 years.

Who says a job has to "benefit" society?

Everyone with more than two brain cells, that's who. You don't create wealth by paying people to dig holes and then fill them in. Jobs need to be productive. Now get your butt outta your head. I'm tired of doing your thinking for you.

Pro Sports IS business, dumbass.

Now where did anyone say "it's ok for useless non-productive jocks to make $50 mill"?

That's because they are neither "useless" nor "non-productive," unlike YOU.

New Topics

Forum List

Back