Income Inequality Costs the US Economy $740 Billion

Aug 7, 2012
539513_282103971907218_2015692719_n.jpg

The message I am getting from the OP is that our educational system has failed the majority of our kids. This has caused them to be unqualified or unmotivated to be businesspeople or to obtain the education required for high paying positions in the world of work.

That what you meant?

The educational system has failed because failure was demanded. Think of income inequality on the educational level. It's grade inequality. Raise the poorly performing students so they don't have to work so hard and reduce the grade of the hard working students on the basis of fairness.

yes it's obvious liberal policies are not working......and Obama's tax hikes on the middle class are not going to help any....

Romney is going to cut everybody's taxes by 20%....this will cause much more economic activity which will produce more taxes to pay for stuff......and he will keep it deficit neutral by closing the loopholes and breaks for mainly the high-income people....

Last edited:
Venezuala under Chavez has the lowest inquality of almost any nation. Who wants to move to Venezuela? Not me as it is filled with shortages of virtually everything. That is the economic model the Left wants us to adopt here. Screw them. "Inequality" is a made up issue as no one has been able to say a) what it is, and b) what harm it actually does.

Seriously! You know nothing about work then and you hide behind the idea that if you make millions you are a ethical and hard worker. Nothing could be further from the truth, but live in your little bubble.

Get back to me when you have equality of work ethic and equality of talent.

Seriously! You know nothing about work then and you hide behind the idea that if you make millions you are a ethical and hard worker. Nothing could be further from the truth, but live in your little bubble.

Get back to me when you have equality of work ethic and equality of talent.

What makes you think he knows nothing of work? He is quite right. Talented people who work hard tend to get ahead. Dullards with poor work habits and ethics, like you, tend to lag behind. Why is that anyone's concern?

Income inequality is a serious issue. The economy cannot thrive with a small weak middle class.

Education reform is the key to the ever growing income disparity in the US and both parties seem to feel kicking the can of our crumbling public education system down the road, is the best idea.

Obama has done nothing for falling American wages.....in fact under Obama families have lost over $4,000 in income......also there is an increase of $672 in healthcare premiums per average family....

Romney is going to encourage economic growth which will produce more jobs and better wages......

what is Obama going to do in the next 4 years to correct increasing costs and the downward trend in wages.....?

PolitiFact | Romney ad faults Obama for falling incomes
Rising Health Costs Undermine Obama Pledge to Curb Trend - ABC News

Income inequality is a serious issue. The economy cannot thrive with a small weak middle class.

Education reform is the key to the ever growing income disparity in the US and both parties seem to feel kicking the can of our crumbling public education system down the road, is the best idea.

1) Why is income inequality a serious issue?
2) Why do you think we have a "small weak middle class"?
3) Assuming we do (whatever that means) why is that bad?
4) We have increased spending on education dramatically over the last 30 years and the results are worse, not better. What reforms to education would affect income disparity?

The message I am getting from the OP is that our educational system has failed the majority of our kids. This has caused them to be unqualified or unmotivated to be businesspeople or to obtain the education required for high paying positions in the world of work.

That what you meant?

Sorry, I know too many college graduates today that are working mw jobs because they can't find jobs. My niece graduated from the UW with a degree in Environmental Sciences. She's now work at Bartel drugs and they've agreed to send her back to school to become a pharmacist and employ her afterwards. My son graduated from DeVry with a 4.0 and still doesn't have a job.

College no longer guarantees a job let alone one that pays more. Our economy is in a shit load of trouble and too many people are still clinging to the old beliefs that you can work your way up in this country or that all you need to get ahead is a college education.

There is very little use in conversation with republicans for they know no history and consider themselves entitled to all of America not just most of its wealth.

'The Self-Destruction of the 1 Percent'

The story of Venice’s rise and fall is told by the scholars Daron Acemoglu and James A. Robinson, in their book “Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity, and Poverty,” as an illustration of their thesis that what separates successful states from failed ones is whether their governing institutions are inclusive or extractive. Extractive states are controlled by ruling elites whose objective is to extract as much wealth as they can from the rest of society. Inclusive states give everyone access to economic opportunity; often, greater inclusiveness creates more prosperity, which creates an incentive for ever greater inclusiveness.

[...]

You can see America’s creeping Serrata in the growing social and, especially, educational chasm between those at the top and everyone else. At the bottom and in the middle, American society is fraying, and the children of these struggling families are lagging the rest of the world at school." http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/14/opinion/sunday/the-self-destruction-of-the-1-percent.html

That what you meant?

Sorry, I know too many college graduates today that are working mw jobs because they can't find jobs. My niece graduated from the UW with a degree in Environmental Sciences. She's now work at Bartel drugs and they've agreed to send her back to school to become a pharmacist and employ her afterwards. My son graduated from DeVry with a 4.0 and still doesn't have a job.

College no longer guarantees a job let alone one that pays more. Our economy is in a shit load of trouble and too many people are still clinging to the old beliefs that you can work your way up in this country or that all you need to get ahead is a college education.

That has nothing to do with income inequality. That has to do with Obama's policies, which have given us nominal 8% unemployment and unemployment/underemployment of BA holders under 25 at 50%. Get rid of Obama and we get rid of that problem.

That what you meant?

That has nothing to do with income inequality. That has to do with Obama's policies, which have given us nominal 8% unemployment and unemployment/underemployment of BA holders under 25 at 50%. Get rid of Obama and we get rid of that problem.

unfortunatley college doesn't guarantee a good education. In fact, there is a problem with the education system.

Forum List

Back