In Your Opinion, What Would Create the Most Jobs?

Less Government, correctly enforced and fair regulations, no tax breaks for corporations or unions, unions to have the same kinds of regulations corporations operate under.

Less rhetoric about initiatives that are on the docket for the near future that will likely cost employers more money such as cap and trade.

A simple "You have our promise that we will not pass any intitiatve that will cost corporations more money until January of 2012" by ths administration will allow business owners to do the necessary forecasting to determine likely expenditures for 2011 and further allow them to incorporate a hiring budget.

It is actually quite simple.

Last edited:

The bubonic plague killing off about 1/3 of the population would certainly help the unemployment picture.

It was the primary cause of modern capitalism as we know it, after all.

Sure a lot of us would be dead, but the rest of us would have jobs many of which would be at a living wage, too.

How about tax incentives for keeping jobs here and penalties for sending them overseas?

Permanent tax cuts.

And in January 2011, Barry and Plugs resigning, turning the WH over to a Republican Speaker of the House.

Get the U.S. Government outta the private sector save SENSIBLE market regulations. I can tell you as a CPA and a business consultant that the private sector is resisting making long term decisions as they have no Earthly clue what this adminisitration is going to impose on them or the markets in general.

The bubonic plague killing off about 1/3 of the population would certainly help the unemployment picture.

Sure a lot of us would be dead, but the rest of us would have jobs many of which would be at a living wage, too

Clueless post of the week award... CONGRATS!!!!!

Sure a lot of us would be dead, but the rest of us would have jobs many of which would be at a living wage, too.

Thanks for your helpful post... Once again...

Doesn't it make sense to lower corporate taxes? You know, entice businesses to want to do business here... The more people working the more income tax the Government will collect.

How about tax incentives for keeping jobs here and penalties for sending them overseas?

I like it in theory.

But what about all of those that are employed here in the USA by companies abroad? Surely they would lose their jobs in retaliation.

Question is; Do we employ more overseas than overseas employs here; or visa-versa.

Personally, I do not know the answer. Anyone else know?

We currently have 70,000 bridges that are considered unsafe. Our electrical grid is one of the oldest in the world.

"One in seven bridges in the United States is functionally obsolete."
Bridge Collapse in Minnesota: Many Dead, Tens Injured, more Missing in Minneapolis Disaster

1994 La Cienaga Bridge
206372_lax.jpg

1989 Cypress Street
206375_sfo.jpg

Little progress since last year’s bridge collapse
One year after deadly Minneapolis accident, other spans still at risk
No rush to fix bridges since collapse - Life- msnbc.com

800px-I35W_Collapse_-_Day_4_-_Operations_%26_Scene_%2895%29.jpg

File:I35W Collapse - Day 4 - Operations & Scene (95).jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can anyone say they feel safe driving over America's old bridges after seeing pictures like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't it make sense to lower corporate taxes? You know, entice businesses to want to do business here... The more people working the more income tax the Government will collect.

That is one solution, but it will be a costly one for the first year or so as tax revenue will likely go down before it goes up.

In my opinion, all business owners want to be able to do is forecast next years budget. Right now, they can't as they do not know how much healthcare is going to cost them nor do they know what other taxes may be imposed on them.

We have the highest/most complex corporate tax structure in the industrialized world.

Forum List

Back