In yet another Trump power grab - Alex Azar has commandeered the FDA

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Did anyone see Alex on the tube yesterday with Chuck Todd? OMG - To listen to him praise Donald's COVID response was the most sycophantic happy talk I've seen to date including here in USMB. So at this point, EVERYTHING has been corrupted. The Postal Service, DOJ, HHS, FBI (although Chris Wray still hanging SOMEWHAT tough) .. and ALL scientific voices including the FDA and the CDC have been silenced and their work corrupted with incompetent, unqualified loyalists running the show.

Heath and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar wrote a memo this week giving him authority over all new rules and banning any of the health agencies, including the FDA, from signing any new rules "regarding the nation’s foods, medicines, medical devices and other products," the New York Times reports.​
Why it matters: The story further underscores reporting that health and scientific agencies are undergoing a deep politicization as the Trump administration races to develop a coronavirus vaccine, as Axios' Caitlin Owens has reported. Peter Lurie, a former associate commissioner of the FDA, told the Times that the Azar memo amounted to a "power grab."​
Other outside experts believe that the memo could further hinder scientific voices. The CDC this week reversed course on a controversial policy concerning coronavirus testing for asymptomatic people, which was reportedly posted to the agency's website over the objections of scientists.​

Also a great read from The Atlantic in a similar vein:

All this reminds me of a quote from a 1951 book that EVERYONE should read in the age of Trump:

“Totalitarianism in power invariably replaces all first-rate talents, regardless of their sympathies, with those crackpots and fools whose lack of intelligence and creativity is still the best guarantee of their loyalty.” Hannah Arendt - Origins of Authoritarianism

You freaks have some nerve, pointing to the Constitutional Right and calling it "Totalitarian"

Actually, on the other hand, it's right out of the Marxist playbook.

You fail to see that Dear Leader has obvious totalitarian/ strongman instincts? Why do you suppose he cozies up to them, whilst trashing our allies?

Did anyone see Alex on the tube yesterday with Chuck Todd? OMG - To listen to him praise Donald's COVID response was the most sycophantic happy talk I've seen to date including here in USMB. So at this point, EVERYTHING has been corrupted. The Postal Service, DOJ, HHS, FBI (although Chris Wray still hanging SOMEWHAT tough) .. and ALL scientific voices including the FDA and the CDC have been silenced and their work corrupted with incompetent, unqualified loyalists running the show.

Heath and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar wrote a memo this week giving him authority over all new rules and banning any of the health agencies, including the FDA, from signing any new rules "regarding the nation’s foods, medicines, medical devices and other products," the New York Times reports.​
Why it matters: The story further underscores reporting that health and scientific agencies are undergoing a deep politicization as the Trump administration races to develop a coronavirus vaccine, as Axios' Caitlin Owens has reported. Peter Lurie, a former associate commissioner of the FDA, told the Times that the Azar memo amounted to a "power grab."​
Other outside experts believe that the memo could further hinder scientific voices. The CDC this week reversed course on a controversial policy concerning coronavirus testing for asymptomatic people, which was reportedly posted to the agency's website over the objections of scientists.​

All this reminds me of a quote from a 1951 book that EVERYONE should read in the age of Trump:

“Totalitarianism in power invariably replaces all first-rate talents, regardless of their sympathies, with those crackpots and fools whose lack of intelligence and creativity is still the best guarantee of their loyalty.” Hannah Arendt - Origins of Authoritarianism
anyone read DrLove's post 10 minutes ago. OMG. Talk about trump derangement syndrome

ZOMG!

Now we get you to take the pills that make you love Jesus!

MuahahahhHAHAHHAHAHahahahahHAHHAHAHhahahhHAhahahahaa

Someone needs to get all you fascists out of there.

Hope one of you Trumpublicans will have something semi-intelligent to say, but I won't be overly optimistic.

PointedSpanishAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

Sucks to be you.

Hope one of you Trumpublicans will have something semi-intelligent to say, but I won't be overly optimistic.

We would have to be talking to someone who is intelligent.

Translation ^ It is okay by me if Donald Trump corrupts Americas most trusted and beloved institutions and gives me, my friends and my family bad information as to our health and personal safety.

It's fine if you choose to go through life dangerously and stupid - But don't lecture me about "intelligence"

We would have to be talking to someone who is intelligent.

Translation ^ It is okay by me if Donald Trump corrupts Americas most trusted and beloved institutions and gives me, my friends and my family bad information as to our health and personal safety.

It's fine if you choose to go through life dangerously and stupid - But don't lecture me about "intelligence"
Poor baby. Libs are stupid.

Sniff sniff that Trump is soooo mean winning the election and all....boo hoo, sniff sniff......

New Topics

Forum List

Back