JRK

Feb 27, 2011
Than 4 years ago?
4 years ago we had 5% UE
we had a deficit that was 163 billion
the DJIA was 14,000

do we really want 4 more years of this?
all of the spin in the world cannot change that

exactly what magic trick could obama have done that would have fixed the fundamental problems in the economy?

how do you believe anything would have been different had he not been elected?

I said the same to my sister in 2007. Her husband hadn't worked in three years. They sold their second car. After many attempts, finally refinanced the mortgage. Gas prices went through the roof and their kitchen table which used to enjoy lamb and wine was then topped with hot dogs and Maccheese. I asked if she was prepared to send her son to fight the wars she supported? I asked if her life was better and would she vote for Bush again. Her reponse was an empathic "YES", blind partisanship swings on both sides of the spectrum.

exactly what magic trick could obama have done that would have fixed the fundamental problems in the economy?

You just have to make that assumption. I mean there is no way things could be worse, is there? And yes, there is a bit of sarcasm in my voice. The truth is things could be much worse. We really don't know. However, a good argument can be made that without the stimulus and without bailing out GM and Chrysler, and without a lot of things that have been done, we might actually be in worse shape. The problem is there is no way to prove it one way or the other.

What I do know is that approximately 90% of those who want to work are currently working, and that includes me. I'm not doing what I want to be doing, but I am working and getting by for the time being. I also am now able to purchase health insurance, something I could not do after I moved from Colorado to Ohio, due to pre-existing conditions, even though I had insurance in Colorado.

So am I better off now than four years ago? For me personally, it's about a wash. The health insurance thing is a big plus though.

It is a fundamental as night and day. We have a job creating sector that is dead. The housing sector
I have no idea what Obama thought he was going to do by throwing away so much tax payers wealth.
The resolve is to expand other sectors that create jobs thru de-regulation

Fossil fuel and Nuclear power is all we needed. In time the housing sector returns and we save 2 trillion dollars in debt and would be in a better place

I said the same to my sister in 2007. Her husband hadn't worked in three years. They sold their second car. After many attempts, finally refinanced the mortgage. Gas prices went through the roof and their kitchen table which used to enjoy lamb and wine was then topped with hot dogs and Maccheese. I asked if she was prepared to send her son to fight the wars she supported? I asked if her life was better and would she vote for Bush again. Her reponse was an empathic "YES", blind partisanship swings on both sides of the spectrum.

Kiki the UE rate in 2007 was 4.6%
So what does that mean?
Let me add another item to you discussion. in 2007 I could go 200 miles from home and work
Today it took 778

Kiki the UE rate in 2007 was 4.6%
So what does that mean?
Let me add another item to you discussion. in 2007 I could go 200 miles from home and work
Today it took 778

fair enough, my brother in law was an executive recruiter projects were already being cjancelled.

thankfully he has worked steady for one year now.

I'm four years closer to the big dirt nap so how could I possibly be better off than I was four years ago?

You're kidding right? He has done everything he could do to hurt the economy and I don't think he even understood it was the worst thing he could have done. Obviously, you don't, either.

He has been a brain surgeon using a sledge hammer, a dentist using dynamite, a chef working in an outhouse, a big game humter in Times Square, a bull in a China shop and so on and on.

He is the wrong guy using the wrong tools in the wrong place. There is no way he can help the situation. He has succeeded in doing every thing that he wanted to do and everything he wanted to do has been the wrong move. How much damage must he wreak before the rest of us see what most of see right now and some of us have seen for a while.

The Big 0 is the worst choice. ANYBODY would be an improvement.

She voted for Bush in 2008?

Yes, I am better off. I make a lot more money, my wife and kids are working and I have a new granddaughter.

I chose 2007 because it was the last GOP budget and the first year GWB was a lame duck.
Why would I tag W with legeslation he had no control over? It is another truth that is that 1\2 we never hear
Take ownership of your leaders as well as there performance

You're kidding right? He has done everything he could do to hurt the economy and I don't think he even understood it was the worst thing he could have done. Obviously, you don't, either.

He has been a brain surgeon using a sledge hammer, a dentist using dynamite, a chef working in an outhouse, a big game humter in Times Square, a bull in a China shop and so on and on.
He is the wrong guy using the wrong tools in the wrong place. There is no way he can help the situation. He has succeeded in doing every thing that he wanted to do and everything he wanted to do has been the wrong move. How much damage must he wreak before the rest of us see what most of see right now and some of us have seen for a while.

The Big 0 is the worst choice. ANYBODY would be an improvement.

That is all you got? I think we can do better than that.

A linebacker using brass knuckles.......
A barber using a chainsaw......
..........................................................anyone?

Yes, I am better off. I make a lot more money, my wife and kids are working and I have a new granddaughter.

good for you
how about all u love? all working?
Thats a blessing for u

She voted for Bush in 2008?

of course, not. it was a hypothetical question to my sister.

Forum List

Back