In Spite of it All....Life's Been Good

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
In spite of all there is to bitch about, righteous and otherwise, 21st Century America turned out to be a pretty lucky spot in time and space to be given the gift of sentient life.

In spite of all there's been to bitch about, righteous and otherwise in history, there has been spots of time that I would certainly consider lucky... If I get to choose a life next go 'round, I want to live in a place like Hawaii, year 1200 or so... sometime well before the conquest.

If you could pick a when and where and do it over, would you?

:cool: Hell yeah!​

:eusa_think: If you could give sentient life another go with 'when and where' you live it a random selection, would you? Now that's a whole other question!

oh hell no. It's just fine here

I mean when the last chance to cross something off the ol' bucket list has passed.

Nobody actually knows what happens when you die. I'm asking, hypothetically, if any of you have fantasized about living your gift at a time and in a place other than here and now, like I have about Hawaii, prior to the conquest of Western 'Civilization'.

Being born in Iceland 700 years ago would have given one odds of a lucky and happy life, albeit chilly in the winter.

In contrast, the odds of being born into a happy and lucky life in Europe, circa 1300 AD, would have been very long. Most folks were peasants who foolishly believed the king and his band of well-paid thugs when he claimed them as his property.

This thread requires imagination. :smoke:

21st century has barely begun. I think it will be an interesting time to live though. Stupid Chinese curse.

Some of America's happiest times were mid 20th Century and I would like to repeat some of that without the mistakes I made then.

But I have always thought I was born a century too soon. I would have loved to be on a wagon train traveling for weeks or months to arrive at a brave new world. I would have loved to have been on the ship taking Bill Cody and his Wild West Show to England. I would have loved staking out a homestead and building a ranch from scratch.

I would be happy with live horsepower and my own two feet to get me around.

I would miss modern medicine and my computer though.

*hearts* Life is amazing! *hearts* Sometimes the people suck... :D but then that isn't always the worst thing. We have beer, we have music, we have children growing and we have men to compete for and with... :eusa_whistle:

I probably should have stayed in Korea instead of coming back to the empire in the mid seventies.A couple of my friends stayed and did very well for themselves.

I suppose going back to '53, and starting over, Australia would have been a good place to be born and relatively easy to be successful.

If I had to be born today, I'd opt out .

This is truly the best time in mankind's existence to be a scholar whose primary interest is to KNOW STUFF.

Speaking on behalf of 10 o'Clock scholars the world over, THANK YOU FOR THE INTERNET.

This is truly the best time in mankind's existence to be a scholar whose primary interest is to KNOW STUFF.

Speaking on behalf of 10 o'Clock scholars the world over, THANK YOU FOR THE INTERNET.

The problem isn't that people don't know stuff. It's that we know so much that simply isn't true.

The problem isn't that people don't know stuff. It's that we know so much that simply isn't true.

The first obligation of scholars of every generation is to separate the intellectual wheat from the chaff.

That and to remind us of what we have already learned, of course.

I think some of you guys are taking this way too seriously. Haven't you ever got lost in a movie and wished you were there? Ever contemplated how somebody else lived their life and wished you could do that?

Even more than exploring on a wagon train or traveling with Wild Bill Cody, the one world I would have so much been thrilled a part of would have been to be on the crew of the Starship Enterprise. Heaven on Earth? That would have been it for me. Every day a new adventure, new sights, new worlds to explore.

Forum List

Back