In Major News: Republican Party-Leader McConnell says "I will Support Garland for AG"

The GOP would due well to retire Trumps number. If he continues with his opinion it will just divide them. he seems to know how to touch the deep dark place that dwells in the heart of his supporters.

And AGAIN, he didnt vote to convict because he DOESNT HAVE THE AUTHORITY.
And you moronic leftists wonder why i call you all authoritarians. Geezus

EVERY Senator had a vote to convict or acquit. One Senator, one vote. McConnell was just too much of a pansy to vote what he knew was right. But, he tried to make up for it by castigating Trump after the vote in the speech he made. Sorry, but them's the facts.
AGAIN, he didnt vote to convict BECAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE THE AUTHORITY. The SAME thing happened the last time they tried to convict a private citizen.
Do you understand now?
Yes. In the Belknap trial, all but three senators agreed he was guilty, but 24 of the 25 Republicans voted to acquit because:
On the questions of precedent, Belknap’s lawyers did not claim that the Senate could not try a private citizen — the claim of Republicans today. Rather, they argued that Belknap could not be tried because he had been a private citizen — if only by minutes — when the House impeached him. It was his status at the moment of impeachment that mattered.

So it wasn't for the same reason exactly, but damned convenient.

T****'s conviction vote was the most bipartisan in history. 7 of his own party voted to convict him because he deserved it. The Constitutional bolt hole that has been crafted from a basically mum Constitution on the matter is what allowed Republicans to once again let a crook get away with gross misbehavior without accountability.

Maybe in another 100 years, senators will have evolved enough to put justice before party.
Wrong.
The defense also brought up language in Article I requiring that “[w]hen the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside[.]” U.S. Const. art. I, § 3, cl. 6. Carpenter argued that this text, like the removal clause, demonstrated a presumption that only current officeholders could be impeached.

Belknap’s defense also relied on the latter half of the Article II removal clause, which states that an officer “shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” Based on this text, Blair maintained that the Senate could only “entertain articles of impeachment” against a person “who can ‘be removed from office on impeachment and conviction of treason,’ &c.
First and foremost, I'm never wrong.

Second, despite all those clever but obscure arguments, even the Constitutional experts at the Federalist Society determined that T**** could be held accountable with a trial. They know a whole lot more about it than I do.

This is nothing but convenient rabbit holes for Republicans to bolt down because they're afraid of the thug they let overtake their party. It would be insane to have a 'January exception.'
What a total crock of shit.
Which part, lazy ass?
All of it. Proof that all Democrats are traitors.
What an effort!
Yes. Only takes a few words to expose the depravity of Democrats. All ya have to do is look at PRICES. Like for Gas. Or the locust swarms of uneducated illegals pouring over the border spreading disease and killing Americans. Or BLM and Antifa. Anything else? These things I mentioned are PROVEN.

I don't mean to be mean, but you've been totally brainwashed and you are the problem. You, and others like you demean all Democrats using hate posts, which are never a solution; thus what is already a problem is exacerbated. With your echoing of hate and fear propaganda your ignorance leads to discord and violence.
Your entire political ideology is built on fear and hate, boomer.

Bullshit ^^^! My ideology is built on the golden rule. My political ideology is socially liberal, and fiscally responsible.

Now, why not try to post a rebuttal to my post, what you've done above is to prove it.

EVERY Senator had a vote to convict or acquit. One Senator, one vote. McConnell was just too much of a pansy to vote what he knew was right. But, he tried to make up for it by castigating Trump after the vote in the speech he made. Sorry, but them's the facts.
AGAIN, he didnt vote to convict BECAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE THE AUTHORITY. The SAME thing happened the last time they tried to convict a private citizen.
Do you understand now?
Yes. In the Belknap trial, all but three senators agreed he was guilty, but 24 of the 25 Republicans voted to acquit because:
On the questions of precedent, Belknap’s lawyers did not claim that the Senate could not try a private citizen — the claim of Republicans today. Rather, they argued that Belknap could not be tried because he had been a private citizen — if only by minutes — when the House impeached him. It was his status at the moment of impeachment that mattered.

T****'s conviction vote was the most bipartisan in history. 7 of his own party voted to convict him because he deserved it. The Constitutional bolt hole that has been crafted from a basically mum Constitution on the matter is what allowed Republicans to once again let a crook get away with gross misbehavior without accountability.

Maybe in another 100 years, senators will have evolved enough to put justice before party.
Wrong.
The defense also brought up language in Article I requiring that “[w]hen the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside[.]” U.S. Const. art. I, § 3, cl. 6. Carpenter argued that this text, like the removal clause, demonstrated a presumption that only current officeholders could be impeached.

Belknap’s defense also relied on the latter half of the Article II removal clause, which states that an officer “shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” Based on this text, Blair maintained that the Senate could only “entertain articles of impeachment” against a person “who can ‘be removed from office on impeachment and conviction of treason,’ &c.

Second, despite all those clever but obscure arguments, even the Constitutional experts at the Federalist Society determined that T**** could be held accountable with a trial. They know a whole lot more about it than I do.

This is nothing but convenient rabbit holes for Republicans to bolt down because they're afraid of the thug they let overtake their party. It would be insane to have a 'January exception.'
Which part, lazy ass?
What an effort!
Yes. Only takes a few words to expose the depravity of Democrats. All ya have to do is look at PRICES. Like for Gas. Or the locust swarms of uneducated illegals pouring over the border spreading disease and killing Americans. Or BLM and Antifa. Anything else? These things I mentioned are PROVEN.

MORE bullshit. Neither a POTUS nor politicians in general have anything to do with the price of gas.
But their ACTIONS do.

No, they do not.
Oil prices are set by whatever happens on the international marketplace. Period. What fluctuates that barrel price is traders/speculators placing bets on what multinational Big Oil companies are doing, where they're doing it and how much they're doing it. NOTHING in that is within the purview of a POTUS or a Congresscritter.

The only influence the Fed has on gas prices is whatever its excise tax is. And that has not changed since 1993.

The GOP would due well to retire Trumps number.
When the Left is so eager to see a political figure fade or fail, that always tells me he is on the right path and doing something very right.

If he continues with his opinion it will just divide them.
Since when is division bad? When an egg or cell divides, it leads to new and better life. Caterpillars divide, sloughing off the old and useless to become new and better butterflies.

he seems to know how to touch the deep dark place that dwells in the heart of his supporters.
There is no "deep dark place" in his supporters other than the imaginary one you paint.

ED-AU040_glovie_J_20150831131046.jpg

Since when is division bad? When an egg or cell divides, it leads to new and better life. Caterpillars divide, sloughing off the old and useless to become new and better butterflies.

You don't know much about science and how things develop, do you? Yes, an egg will divide, and the stem cells will start to create a being of some type.

However.........................caterpillars DO NOT divide. They form a cocoon (called a chrysalis), and it is inside of that where they change into a butterfly. They don't "divide" as you claim. It's called metamorphosis.

Learn some real science before you make yourself look like an ass again.

The most powerful GOP member has said he will fight to get Garland nominated. Thank you McConnell. He is not wanting to talk much about it though, as he is still a bit nervous about his voting base. This comes after nominee Garland vowed he would "hunt" Insurrectionists, right-wing militias, and supporters of the January 6th riot.

McConnell to support Garland for attorney general

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell will support Merrick Garland’s nomination for attorney general, five years after blocking the judge's path to the Supreme Court.

“I do,” McConnell told POLITICO Tuesday afternoon when asked if he plans to back Garland. The Kentucky Republican did not elaborate when asked about his decision.
In even weirder turn McConnell sez hell support trump in 2024

Do you understand now?

Wrong.

Which part, lazy ass?
What an effort!

I don't mean to be mean, but you've been totally brainwashed and you are the problem. You, and others like you demean all Democrats using hate posts, which are never a solution; thus what is already a problem is exacerbated. With your echoing of hate and fear propaganda your ignorance leads to discord and violence.

Bullshit ^^^! My ideology is built on the golden rule. My political ideology is socially liberal, and fiscally responsible.

Now, why not try to post a rebuttal to my post, what you've done above is to prove it.
Actually ,the whole mantra of Libs is to scare folks to death. Example: While black savages and lefty lunatics burn our cities down ,Libs keep up the fear of "White Supremists".

The most powerful GOP member has said he will fight to get Garland nominated. Thank you McConnell. He is not wanting to talk much about it though, as he is still a bit nervous about his voting base. This comes after nominee Garland vowed he would "hunt" Insurrectionists, right-wing militias, and supporters of the January 6th riot.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell will support Merrick Garland’s nomination for attorney general, five years after blocking the judge's path to the Supreme Court.

“I do,” McConnell told POLITICO Tuesday afternoon when asked if he plans to back Garland. The Kentucky Republican did not elaborate when asked about his decision.
In even weirder turn McConnell sez hell support trump in 2024
he has nothing to lose by answering "yes" to such a dumb question about something that happens 3 years from now. I would say yes too, probably myself, and I hate Donald Trump.

Do you understand now?

Wrong.

Which part, lazy ass?
What an effort!

I agreed with it. Im just saying your politics is rooted in fear and hate.

The Trumpsters will be attacking him, of course.

Their thought processes are damn near completely binary at this point.
We've been talking shit on him for years. The older he gets, the worse he gets.

We need age limits. Those old fucks have ZERO skin in the game at this point in life.

When the Left is so eager to see a political figure fade or fail, that always tells me he is on the right path and doing something very right.

he seems to know how to touch the deep dark place that dwells in the heart of his supporters.
There is no "deep dark place" in his supporters other than the imaginary one you paint.

View attachment 461660

So I guess you saying that all the Obama bashing and Clinton hate was because in actuality they did so much good and were on a path of righteousness. Don't worry they are just good people who do not let the size of a crowd swell their head.

1614398571619.png

Trump flags and maga hats does please the Donald.

View attachment 461660

So I guess you saying that all the Obama bashing and Clinton hate was because in actuality they did so much good and were on a path of righteousness. Don't worry they are just good people who do not let the size of a crowd swell their head.

WTF are you talking about and how the hell did you come up with that CRAP from anything I said? Do all you leftwing idiots all have crossed wires for brains?

View attachment 461660

WTF are you talking about and how the hell did you come up with that CRAP from anything I said? Do all you leftwing idiots all have crossed wires for brains?

Forum List

Back