In Iowa, disappointment with Obama runs deep

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Iowa, hoe to Walter 'Radar' O'Reilly, is none to pleased with Obama it seems...

WILLIAMSBURG, Iowa — In Iowa, a rural state of outsized political importance, retired nurse Pauline McAreavy is among thousands eager to vote against President Barack Obama after four years of disappointment.

McAreavy holds a personal grudge against the president that dates back to 2008, when she hosted Obama's supporters for three weeks in the Midwestern state that nurtured his improbable White House dreams.

She never got a thank you note for her small role in helping land Obama in the White House, but McAreavy's antagonism goes deeper, the product of broken promises and accumulated disillusion with the "hope" promised by the man who has billed himself an "adopted son" of Iowa.

"Obama gave us this 'no red, no blue state' America," said McAreavy, 78.

"I was fooled, I kick myself everyday," she said. "I said: 'In four years I'll get you buddy -- and I'm going to.'"

Sweeping in front of her house in Williamsburg, McAreavy recalled how she had thought Obama would bring a politically divided country together and that electing the first African American president of the United States would be "wonderful" for this country.

"He didn't, he tore us more apart. I did feel maybe the world didn't like America, but the world hates us more now than they did before!" she said.

The Obama boat is leaking.

Even young people, among Obama's most ardent supporters in 2008, appear disillusioned.

Sam Tracy, who delivers beer in Marengo, said he plans to abstain from voting, disgusted by the political impasse in Washington.

In 2008, the registered Independent proudly cast a vote for Obama in an election that made the history books.

"Based on what we were coming from, there was a lot of enthusiasm for Obama, but now that he's in office, the shine has worn off," Tracy said.

WILLIAMSBURG, Iowa — In Iowa, a rural state of outsized political importance, retired nurse Pauline McAreavy is among thousands eager to vote against President Barack Obama after four years of disappointment.

McAreavy holds a personal grudge against the president that dates back to 2008, when she hosted Obama's supporters for three weeks in the Midwestern state that nurtured his improbable White House dreams.

She never got a thank you note for her small role in helping land Obama in the White House, but McAreavy's antagonism goes deeper, the product of broken promises and accumulated disillusion with the "hope" promised by the man who has billed himself an "adopted son" of Iowa.

"I was fooled, I kick myself everyday," she said. "I said: 'In four years I'll get you buddy -- and I'm going to.'"

Sweeping in front of her house in Williamsburg, McAreavy recalled how she had thought Obama would bring a politically divided country together and that electing the first African American president of the United States would be "wonderful" for this country.

"He didn't, he tore us more apart. I did feel maybe the world didn't like America, but the world hates us more now than they did before!" she said.

The Obama boat is leaking.

Even young people, among Obama's most ardent supporters in 2008, appear disillusioned.

Sam Tracy, who delivers beer in Marengo, said he plans to abstain from voting, disgusted by the political impasse in Washington.

In 2008, the registered Independent proudly cast a vote for Obama in an election that made the history books.

"Based on what we were coming from, there was a lot of enthusiasm for Obama, but now that he's in office, the shine has worn off," Tracy said.

So deep, in fact, that:

Not only has the Des Moines Register switched its endorsement from President Obama to Mitt Romney, it is also favoring a Republican for the first time since Richard Nixon in 1972.

SNIP:

The tally of newspaper endorsements in swing states now tips in Romney's favor, Poynter.org reports. Romney now claims seven to Obama's six. Poynter shows that at least six papers that endorsed Obama in 2008 are endorsing Romney in this election, including the Des Moines Register.

'Des Moines Register' Endorses Romney With Eye Toward Economy

So deep, in fact, that:

Not only has the Des Moines Register switched its endorsement from President Obama to Mitt Romney, it is also favoring a Republican for the first time since Richard Nixon in 1972.

SNIP:

The tally of newspaper endorsements in swing states now tips in Romney's favor, Poynter.org reports. Romney now claims seven to Obama's six. Poynter shows that at least six papers that endorsed Obama in 2008 are endorsing Romney in this election, including the Des Moines Register.

'Des Moines Register' Endorses Romney With Eye Toward Economy

and the NY Times endorsed....obama, my god what a shocker:lol:....they have not found one rep. to endorse since Eisenhower..:lol:

at least obama seems intelligent if maybe souless and shady not saying he is just saying if maybe but romneys an idiot and robotic so i guess we just gotta choose between the douche and the turd sandwich i personally think neither is a good option for ruling me obama yelled change change and nothing changed and romney just seems unintelligent and id hate to see what his cabinet wants to do if it was any of the same people that were there for bush

Obama has Iowa locked up!

:lol: He has every swing state, Romney might, might get NC but Ohio and Iowa belong to the president.

I don't know who these posters are trying to convince, their side on here or themselves.

Forum List

Back