In ‘Hillary,’ Clinton candidly surveys her ups and downs

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
PARK CITY, Utah - - Since losing the 2016 election to Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton has released a memoir about that defeat, launched a political action committee and penned another book about “gutsy women” with her daughter, Chelsea. But Clinton’s most prominent return to the public eye has come in the form of a new candid four-hour documentary series.

Some, Clinton is aware, thought she would slink away after 2016.

“Yes, they did, didn’t they?”says Clinton. “Well, that was never an option.”

Nanette Burstein’s “Hillary,” which Hulu will debut Friday, is a more direct and long-form portrait of Clinton than has ever been done on camera. You might say it’s a bid for Clinton to reassert her legacy, to tell the story of a career and life that, she feels, has often been falsely distorted.

Clinton’s return to the spotlight, in the midst of a competitive Democratic primary, has already caused waves. In the documentary, she disparages Sen. Bernie Sanders, saying, “Nobody likes him. Nobody wants to work with him.” It’s a small moment — 15 seconds, Clinton points out — from some 35 hours of conversation recorded more than a year ago when she wasn’t thinking about the 2020 election. She was thinking about the 2016 election.

“I will do whatever I can to support that person, because that wasn’t my experience in 2016,” says Clinton.

(Excerpt) Read more at apnews.com ...

------------

RWkDa.Or1b.1-small-Hillary-Clinton-Almost-Fall.jpg

she made a documentary, wrote a book... and will still not remember when she is deposed by judicial watch......within 75 days according to the judges order.....if the judge dies within that timeframes, are all his pending decisions null and void....asking for a friend!:)

Forum List

Back