In California, some public schools are designating some rooms as prayer rooms for Muslims

The question I answered was a hypothetical about a Bible study which said nothing about doing it during school hours. Stop trying to be such an attention whore.
Well, are the Muslim students being allowed to use the rooms for prayer during school hours? If so, shouldn't the students also be able to hold a Bible study during school hours?

Also, what school is going to allow any student to use a room after hours?

Prejudice isn’t a measure of standards.

Its unfair and unjust.

You are just making excuses to justify it.
It's unfair to not agree with a religion that preaches death to anyone not a part of that religion?

What a dumbass you are.

OK, let's say the students want to use a room to hold a service? Forget the church. You've already said the school cannot discriminate, so, say the students want to hold a study or a service. My point was, at some point, if that ever happens the left will be uproared over it and the school may deny said service or study and many other lefties will say that that's completely within bounds.

How do we fix that?
I think you’re wrong. Christian student groups do use school property for Christian purposes.

A student group could form a club to do Bible study and use a room if they want. It happens.

That’s not actually prejudice since it’s based on material information.
M-W says you are full of shit. I will always be prejudiced against kid diddlers and will not consider any other possibility.

prejudice​

noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

Synonyms & Antonyms of prejudice

(Entry 1 of 2)
1an attitude that always favors one way of feeling or acting especially without considering any other possibilities

M-W says you are full of shit. I will always be prejudiced against kid diddlers and will not consider any other possibility.

prejudice​

noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

Synonyms & Antonyms of prejudice

(Entry 1 of 2)
1an attitude that always favors one way of feeling or acting especially without considering any other possibilities

Why didn’t you link to the dictionary definition?

“an unfair feeling of dislike for a person or group because of race, sex, religion, etc.”

Why didn’t you link to the dictionary definition?

“an unfair feeling of dislike for a person or group because of race, sex, religion, etc.”
I linked the definition that pertains to my comment, Dipshit.

Words often have several definitions depending on how they are used.

I linked the definition that pertains to my comment, Dipshit.

Words often have several definitions depending on how they are used.
I linked the definition that pertains to my comment.

Thanks for wasting my time yet again.

I linked the definition that pertains to my comment.

Thanks for wasting my time yet again.
Your comment means squat, Dipshit.

I explained why I am prejudiced against pedophiles. What you think doesn't matter.

I think you’re wrong. Christian student groups do use school property for Christian purposes.

A student group could form a club to do Bible study and use a room if they want. It happens.
I'm sure it happens. I'll bet you can find a rare occasion of it happening. Again, my point is the continuous threads from the left exclaiming that public schools are no place for religion.

Yes, you can find examples of anything anywhere, but, in general, what you are seeing is the left make exceptions for one religion that they would not for another. Maybe YOU specifically wouldn't have an issue with it, but the majority of the rest of the left would.

Muslims don't have to pray at school, they have their own accommodations for how to preform "make-up prayers" when they are unable to follow the regular schedule.
As for specific christian prayers, before eating would be one that's pretty universal across all christian denominations, and we have seen in the past christians students disciplined for doing things like joining hands or praying in a group before lunch. And any teacher assisting in proving such accommodations for christian students have been quickly fired.
but since that wasn't at the same school , it isn't relevant.

we already have two places where they can pray: In their heads or at home. If they don't like that, then tough shit.

I agree - Seems to me that public schools setting up prayer rooms would be a clear violation of church and state separation. Accommodating their dietary preferences and allowing for outdoor prayer at specific times of the day would be a different matter.
As long as all receive broad/general consideration, I see no issue.

You don't have to call it an animal sacrifice, Rice Krispies or prayer break - you can't in most cases actually - just make sure everyone gets to do what they want for the same amount of time. :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back