In CA the GOP Says "No" to Independent Voters

The hard right does not want to give up power in CA's GOP.

Same issue is happening in Utah.

Republicans in general don't like American citizens to have voting rights. Democracy really doesn't favor the Republican party.

California independents have three choices for presidential primary

Why would they deny independents the opportunity to vote in their primary? Are they doing this in other modified open primary states?

There are 4.2 unaffiliated voters in CA..many of whom will not be able to get a Republican ballot if they want one.

Seems dumb.
I happen to be a registered Republican in California.

My vote is meaningless.

By the time I get off work to vote at 5:00...California has already gone Democratic.

Furthermore...the good citizen swing voters in PA, NC, FL, and OH have decided who the President is by then

Republicans in general don't like American citizens to have voting rights. Democracy really doesn't favor the Republican party.

The Democrats are big supporters of American citizens voting, they are just big supporters of ANYONE voting....illegals, dead people etc.

:tongue:

The Democrats are big supporters of American citizens voting, they are just big supporters of ANYONE voting....illegals, dead people etc.

Link for the huge number of proven dead people or illegals that have voted. I'd like to read about this.

Thanks.

Link for the huge number of proven dead people or illegals that have voted. I'd like to read about this.

Thanks.

I have been told many times by Americans, for example in Louisiana elections, Louis Armstrong and Jim Garrison are still voting!

Why would they deny independents the opportunity to vote in their primary? Are they doing this in other modified open primary states?

There are 4.2 unaffiliated voters in CA..many of whom will not be able to get a Republican ballot if they want one.

Seems dumb.

My vote is meaningless.

By the time I get off work to vote at 5:00...California has already gone Democratic.

Furthermore...the good citizen swing voters in PA, NC, FL, and OH have decided who the President is by then

Take the day off and vote if you feel that way...lol
Where do you live in California, I am in the Santa Clara Country next to the Santa Cruz mountains...

It's unfathomable what's happened to my native state. Excessive regulations that led to their drought... Excessive regulations that drive out both big and small businesses to more business friendly states... Record amounts of undocumented Democrats pouring through the border... Nothing like the 15S from San Diego to the Inland Empire. A border patrol right before getting to Temecula that does nothing but wave every single driver through (if they are even out there checking at all).

The last true conservative hope for that state was Tom McClintock, but unfortunately he would never have been elected in what's now a cesspool of dysfunction. George Deukmejian they need your true successor.

LOL Cons blame a drought on politics. Since the beginning of time its been lack of rainfall (which is the case now) but in the era of Faux News all bad things are because of the other political party. All.

And its the weak businesses that leave CA. Can't hack it here? Get packing. Plenty of also-ran economies to go to that love the low achievers. Texas at the top of the list.

California has always been and will always be the gold standard. 8th largest economy among nations of the world 20 years ago, 8th largest economy among nations today. Oh whatever will we do with 'all those businesses leaving the state'? lol

Seems dumb.

My vote is meaningless.

Take the day off and vote if you feel that way...lol
Where do you live in California, I am in the Santa Clara Country next to the Santa Cruz mountains...

Central Valley

It is their primary- they get to decide who votes in it.

Actually what pisses me off is why are tax payers paying for any primary elections?

Why am I paying so that the DNC or the RNC can decide who their candidate will be?

Seems dumb.

My vote is meaningless.

Down ticket still matters.

It is their primary- they get to decide who votes in it.

Actually what pisses me off is why are tax payers paying for any primary elections?

Why am I paying so that the DNC or the RNC can decide who their candidate will be?

I agree it's their primary they can do what they want...why would they WANT to?

Southern California was a desert until about 80 years ago, until humans messed with nature and rerouted some water down there. Once the population exceeds man's ability to keep up with the water demand, Southern Cal will become a desert again.

If an Independent wants to vote in a party's primary, they should register as a member of that party.

Seems dumb.

Most states have closed primaries. Why should someone not a member of their party have a say in choosing their nominee? You realize the Democrats do the same thing, right?

LOL Cons blame a drought on politics. Since the beginning of time its been lack of rainfall (which is the case now) but in the era of Faux News all bad things are because of the other political party. All.

And its the weak businesses that leave CA. Can't hack it here? Get packing. Plenty of also-ran economies to go to that love the low achievers. Texas at the top of the list.

California has always been and will always be the gold standard. 8th largest economy among nations of the world 20 years ago, 8th largest economy among nations today. Oh whatever will we do with 'all those businesses leaving the state'? lol

Well...you're working on going broke fast. Doing a damn fine job of that I'd say. Hell son you've got more food stamp recipients than 24 states entire populations.

The Gold standard's starting to look like it could use some polish. State of California Debt Clock

New Topics

Forum List

Back