In a STUNNER of a Vote - GOP Votes Against Lowering Gas Prices/Price Gouging

Being squealing cultists, and naturally, like any human, thinking of yourselves as normal, you think you stick a thumb in my eye to say democrats are going to lose elections.

Just pointing out the current feeling of the public.
Gotcha!

What does the public think should be done about gas prices, besides reelecting the same congresspeople again at a 90%+ clip?

Swap out the president?

Hmm... they don't really sound like experts on fuel markets to me.

Also, the President can't be allowed do anything to curb prices, because that would be overreach.

So when do we start watering the crops with Gatorade? This week, or next?

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Republicans love corruption.

May 19 2022
As much as 2.09 million barrels a day of gasoline, diesel and jet fuel shipped out from the U.S. Gulf Coast in April, Bloomberg reports. Most went to Latin America, where diesel fuel demand will remain high during the Southern Hemisphere’s winter. Mexico is expected to be a leading customer for American diesel, which is already a dollar more expensive per gallon than regular gasoline.

Yeah, those oil companies are really looking out for Americans and America.
BUT, it's Biden's FAULT.
We're exporting large amounts of Kerosene, Diesel, and gasoline to make up for the losses due to the sanctions our gov't pushed our allies to put in place and enforce.

When you shut off the flow of Russian oil to refineries, guess what? They can't keep producing up to capacity.

Instead of attacking the companies here in the US that are trying to make up for that shortfall democrats just need to be honest with the public and explain what's going on and ask us to join together with the rest of the industrialized world to defeat Russia.

Roosevelt put restrictions on the US economy and consumers like no one can imagine today but the country pulled together and tolerated it because he went directly to the public and explained that supporting the war effort was going to require shared sacrifices by all.

Instead of doing the same, Biden wants to blame shift and demonize the petroleum manufacturers and refiners.

Looks like 10% of dems in the House are already retiring.

Also, the President can't be allowed do anything to curb prices, because that would be overreach.

What can he do to curb prices?
Spend some time reading up on Nixon's "Wage and Price Controls" and the "Windfall Profits Tax".

Both were disastrous for the US economy.

We're exporting large amounts of Kerosene, Diesel, and gasoline to make up for the losses due to the sanctions our gov't pushed our allies to put in place and enforce.

When you shut off the flow of Russian oil to refineries, guess what? They can't keep producing up to capacity.

Instead of attacking the companies here in the US that are trying to make up for that shortfall democrats just need to be honest with the public and explain what's going on and ask us to join together with the rest of the industrialized world to defeat Russia.

Roosevelt put restrictions on the US economy and consumers like no one can imagine today but the country pulled together and tolerated it because he went directly to the public and explained that supporting the war effort was going to require shared sacrifices by all.

Instead of doing the same, Biden wants to blame shift and demonize the petroleum manufacturers and refiners.
Those are the things that are being done in lieu of and to prevent war.

What you are suggesting must be war, then. No?

Those are the things that are being done in lieu of and to prevent war.

What you are suggesting must be war, then. No?
Nonsensical gibberish. There's already a war in Europe, the largest since WWII.

What we're doing is helping the Euro's mitigate their own economic damages allowing them to get fully on board enforcing the sanctions.

Then you're an even bigger idiot.

A war between Russia and NATO would make the current energy crisis in Europe exponentially worse.
I don't disagree. So I guess you have called yourself an idiot. Oops.

So, the west should align to defeat Putin, but they are doing it all wrong..They should do something besides sanctions, or maybe you mean something besides fuel sanctions. Not sure which, as your articulation of your own ideas leaves a bit to be desired.

Now is where you divulge your expert advice to the West.

And...go. get it, tiger

I don't disagree. So I guess you have called yourself an idiot. Oops.

So, the west should align to defeat Putin, but they are doing it all wrong..They should do something besides sanctions, or maybe you mean something besides fuel sanctions. Not sure which, as your articulation of your own ideas leaves a bit to be desired.

Now is where you divulge your expert advice to the West.

And...go. get it, tiger
Now you're just fabricating BS. Nowhere have I stated the sanctions are improper or inappropriate in any way. Perhaps you should learn to read before responding.

have I stated the sanctions are improper or inappropriate in any way.
You clearly made the argument that the fiel sanctions in Russia (into which we "forced" our allies) have caused economic pain for Americans, via gas prices at the pump.

Several times, as I recall.

So, are these sanctions fine, or are they not?

Stay slippery, friend.

Blame shifting to their favorite target industry Biden is sworn to bring down.
Biden vowed on video to "end fossil fuels" a fact Dems cannot spin their way out of. When Obama's policies caused gas prices to spike and even Dem's got pissed he was smart enough to back off. Biden is stuck on stupid and won't change course.

Forum List

Back