In a great deal of pain right now.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Welp. Helped moved my friend from Old Bridge New Jersey into storage. I knew things were going to be bad when I saw the truck he rented..a 10' Uhaul. It was so freaking small. We then went to his storage unit which was packed wrong. So I had to repack it. Sheesh. We moved on to his house and it took 4 trips to get everything out of it. We started that day at 7am and I got back home around 7pm. Girlfriend made homemade dumplings and my friend and his wife had a few.

My back, hands and legs are killing me. Sleep is impossible.

Ugh.

But I am getting a Peter Luger Steak Dinner out of the deal. :eusa_drool:

Take a nice long hot shower.....have some advil.....and a drink. :)

i hope you feel better soon. :)

What Syrenn said and also a hot soaking bath does wonders for sore muscles.

I took a hot shower..didn't work.

It's funny..he has a "musclehead" friend who was supposed to help. He was supposed to show up at 12:00..and he arrived at 3:00. He picked up 2 pieces (Love seat and couch) and left.

:lol:

It's funny..he has a "musclehead" friend who was supposed to help. He was supposed to show up at 12:00..and he arrived at 3:00. He picked up 2 pieces (Love seat and couch) and left.

There are good time friends and bad time friends....

True friends are the bad time friends... They are the ones who show up for all the bad times, evils shit, hard work and horrible things in your life.

they share you life the good and bad....not just the parties and fun good times

True friends are the bad time friends... They are the ones who show up for all the bad times, evils shit, hard work and horrible things in your life.

That guy is okay. He's my friend's best friend. But he's a musclehead..not a "mover" type. There's "pretty" muscles and "work" muscles.

I've worked with body builders before. They make horrible movers.

That guy is okay. He's my friend's best friend. But he's a musclehead..not a "mover" type. There's "pretty" muscles and "work" muscles.

Makes no difference and not a very good excuse... he could have showed up on time...and stayed till the bitter end.

Ive got girl muscles...and can do the love seat and couch...along with the dressers, refrigerator, washer and dryer....and the several hundred other things it takes to move.

However i drew the line at the single wardrobe box full of books. ....oh hell no!

:eusa_whistle:

Welp. Helped moved my friend from Old Bridge New Jersey into storage. I knew things were going to be bad when I saw the truck he rented..a 10' Uhaul. It was so freaking small. We then went to his storage unit which was packed wrong. So I had to repack it. Sheesh. We moved on to his house and it took 4 trips to get everything out of it. We started that day at 7am and I got back home around 7pm. Girlfriend made homemade dumplings and my friend and his wife had a few.

Ugh.

As much pain as you're in, he owes you two. :D

Ugh.

You're weak...

I worked for a moving company that packed semi's full of shit, I worked for steal company where I lifted and formed 100lbs peices of metal a shift. I have moved stone and lumber all day...

Your hand and sleep???

Imagine what it feels like holding 100lbs 90% of the day for 8-12 hours. Yeah it hurts - it feels like someone is ripping your arms off your body in a medieval torture device..........

That was moons ago so...

Have fun with your hands.

Ugh.

You're weak...

I worked for a moving company that packed semi's full of shit, I worked for steal company where I lifted and formed 100lbs peices of metal a shift. I have moved stone and lumber all day...

Your hand and sleep???

Imagine what it feels like holding 100lbs 90% of the day for 8-12 hours. Yeah it hurts - it feels like someone is ripping your arms off your body in a medieval torture device..........

That was moons ago so...

Yeah whatever.

Haven't been in the moving game for years. I was a mover/trucker for 11 years before I went into IT.

And I've moved just about everything. I did two weeks of election ramps. They were made out of steel. The small ones were about 250 lbs and the large ones were about 500 lbs. That I did by my lonesome. I've moved pianos (uprights, grand, player) and all sorts of stuff that you wouldn't even dream of.

The musclehead lasted about an hour. I was there soup to nuts for 10 hours.

Ugh.

As much pain as you're in, he owes you two. :D

My girlfriend is going as well.

He's a very cool guy. We've gone to Octoberfest in Germany and to Amsterdam.

He just recently got married to a beautiful lady and they wanted to get a house together. The one they just bought is being built. So they will be the first to own it.

Peter Luger - Brooklyn Location

That's where we are going!

Ugh.

You're weak...

Your hand and sleep???

That was moons ago so...

C'mon Nick.... our friend Sallow is no spring chicken.

We have all done hard work in our days (if you are any kind of REAL man), but if you are not used to it.... it can be a back breaker.

I would be willing to bet he could keep up with you with a lil practice and preparation. I know I could..... but dont ask me to prove it, b/c I wont try :tongue:

I injured my back several years ago on the slopes & try to stay far away from heavy lifts, but they cant be avoided at times, and believe me, I pay dearly for it too.... :eek:

So go light on our friend.... he deserves props for being a good friend if nothing else.

Ugh.

You're weak...

Your hand and sleep???

That was moons ago so...

C'mon Nick.... our friend Sallow is no spring chicken.

We have all done hard work in our days (if you are any kind of REAL man), but if you are not used to it.... it can be a back breaker.

I would be willing to bet he could keep up with you with a lil practice and preparation. I know I could..... but dont ask me to prove it, b/c I wont try :tongue:

I injured my back several years ago on the slopes & try to stay far away from heavy lifts, but they cant be avoided at times, and believe me, I pay dearly for it too.... :eek:

So go light on our friend.... he deserves props for being a good friend if nothing else.

I'll check in with ol' Nick in 19 years. That's when he'll be my age.

We'll see if he's up for a 10 hour household move. :lol:

He's a very cool guy. We've gone to Octoberfest in Germany and to Amsterdam.

Two of my friends are there now.... wish I couldve went too.

I plan to very soon though! :beer:

Oh man..you gotta go to Octoberfest. I went to the one in Munich. They make "blackforest" chicken which is one of the best things I ever tasted. Chicken is cooked on a rottisserie and drizzled with a blend of spices and milk.

It's amazing.

so true... They train for doing one really heavy lift and they are done

so true... They train for doing one really heavy lift and they are done

I dont know why that is so funny to me right now.... maybe b/c its late and I should be in bed right now.

Sallow, while you were working your ass off today, if it makes ya feel better.... I was out shooting high powered weaponry my pops all day :Boom2: and had a Hell of a good time!

Woo Hoo!!!!

Go get ya some rest my friend.... for tomorrow, we fight! :meow: :cheers2:

Forum List

Back