In A Full-Scale Nuclear Attack By Russia On The US. Should The President Press The Red Button And Retaliate?

Thank God that TRUMP decided to run for President

The old axiom
Si vis pacem, para bellum, "If you want peace, prepare for war"
is as true today as it was when Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus penned it in the 4th century.

With TRUMP building up our military, staying out of foreign wars and establishing a new branch of our armed forces, SPACE FORCE, he has greatly lessoned the risk of any sneak nuclear attack by Russia.

The reason I ask is that during his time as leader of the UK Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn said he would if becoming Prime Minister refuse
to retaliate if the UK was attacked with nuclear weapons by a foreign power.

We love Jeremy in the UK but was he right?
Much criticism resulted by those who said he was a threat to National Security and also because he had previously had talks with both Hamas and the IRA.

During the 1970's it was estimated the 8 well placed Nuclear Missiles would wipe out all life in the British Isles.

Consider that a full-scale nuclear attack on the US would involve both first & second wave strikes.
All life in the North & Central American continent will be dead within half an hour - there is no escape!
If the President launches a full-scale retaliation along with NATO allies you will kill not just millions of innocent Russians, but put so much radiation into the atmosphere that within a short time all life on Earth will have perished.

The answer of course from both a morality and Christian ethics point of view is of course Jeremy Corbyn is right!
How can we even consider being jointly responsible for destroying all life on earth barring perhaps only the cockroaches?

All Nations must unilaterally get rid of their Nuclear Weapons whether the Russians & Chinese do or not!

Are you saying all vertebrates would perish? I think you are wrong. Even in a general nuclear war billions of humans would survive.

The reason I ask is that during his time as leader of the UK Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn said he would if becoming Prime Minister refuse

Much criticism resulted by those who said he was a threat to National Security and also because he had previously had talks with both Hamas and the IRA.

During the 1970's it was estimated the 8 well placed Nuclear Missiles would wipe out all life in the British Isles.

Consider that a full-scale nuclear attack on the US would involve both first & second wave strikes.
All life in the North & Central American continent will be dead within half an hour - there is no escape!
If the President launches a full-scale retaliation along with NATO allies you will kill not just millions of innocent Russians, but put so much radiation into the atmosphere that within a short time all life on Earth will have perished.

The answer of course from both a morality and Christian ethics point of view is of course Jeremy Corbyn is right!
How can we even consider being jointly responsible for destroying all life on earth barring perhaps only the cockroaches?

All Nations must unilaterally get rid of their Nuclear Weapons whether the Russians & Chinese do or not!

I don’t care if Russia nuked the entire NE of America and takes out NYC, Philly , Boston etc

Joe 30330 is such a bonehead that the chances of a 1st strike by RUSSIA has gone up considerably.

However, the odds still are less then 10%, I doubt that would happen.

Much more likely Russia will gain influence in the middle-east and could become the number one producer of oil in the world, with the radical dems and their insane Green New Deal limiting US oil production.

Are you saying all vertebrates would perish? I think you are wrong. Even in a general nuclear war billions of humans would survive.

It is a worst-case scenario. Based mainly on a program I used to watch in the early seventies with Peter Snow. If I remember correctly Hiroshima was a 1 megaton Atomic Bomb. By the seventies, they had 100 megaton Hydrogen bombs. Then each wave sent by each side involved a thousand missiles, Times that by up to three waves from each side. Also all allies on both sides and China. All Nuclear facilities (power stations etc) are targeted across the world. All lethal bioweapons and stocks that Gov. Intelligence in every/any country know about. Finally consider how much radioactive dust would be thrown into the atmosphere and smoke from entire forests, buildings, fossil fuel stocks, and millions/billions of dead bodies including animals burning. A nuclear winter with the Sun blocked out for years.

I did say a "Full-Scale Nuclear Attack". So yea I think it well within the degrees of probability.

It is a worst-case scenario. Based mainly on a program I used to watch in the early seventies with Peter Snow. If I remember correctly Hiroshima was a 1 megaton Atomic Bomb. By the seventies, they had 100 megaton Hydrogen bombs. Then each wave sent by each side involved a thousand missiles, Times that by up to three waves from each side. Also all allies on both sides and China. All Nuclear facilities (power stations etc) are targeted across the world. All lethal bioweapons and stocks that Gov. Intelligence in every/any country know about. Finally consider how much radioactive dust would be thrown into the atmosphere and smoke from entire forests, buildings, fossil fuel stocks, and millions/billions of dead bodies including animals burning. A nuclear winter with the Sun blocked out for years.

I did say a "Full-Scale Nuclear Attack". So yea I think it well within the degrees of probability.

You really don’t thinks rats would survive?!

Some people would make it too. Certain nuclear winter scenarios have been debunked.

Last edited:
The U.K. and U.S. allied well against Russia of an nuclear war????
Military conquest belongs to a long-gone era. War is simply too expensive and unpredictable for any leading economy to partake in it especially if both protagonists are equally matched.

As for nuclear what would be the point in obliterating a country with nukes?
On invasion, your forces would face smashed cities and infrastructure contaminated with radiation and millions of rotting bodies ridden with vermin and disease.

Far better to send agents to become embedded in the society you are trying to overthrow, Many to become "sleepers"
Become part of the society with a smile and offer all kinds of help to work your way into stronger positions while secretly working to ultimately undermine and destroy when the signal is given to drop your "sleeper", status and act openly.
Nations that are dying may not go that way. Usually the top dog in decline leaves a vacuum. And the world becomes more dangerous. Britain as the last top dog actually stopped becoming an economic power as compared to the United States around the turn of the 20th century. Its military power was starting to decline. The United states was in position to take over in both economic and militarily but we dragged our feet a bit. Two English speaking nations. Friends more then enemies. And we still had two world wars with the ending of the 2nd War giving us world domination.

Isn't that guy the racist, anti-semite? Figures you would like him.

Yes....the President should press the button.....

And saying that we should just let the Russians and chinese have nuclear weapons? Hmmmm....what size slave collar do you wear?

The solution to nuclear attack is simple...

Yea "duck and cover" that is really going to save you!
It's no wonder you yanks are not quite.....not quite.....O I can't think of the word?
Brought up on that bullshit propaganda the people responsible should have been jailed for child abuse!

By the way, have you been sent by Satan to torment me cos I can't get that stupid jingle out of my head now - "duck and cover"...."duck and .......for f*** sake!

you Brits are dumbasses---and it's a dumbass OP question

A nuclear arsenal is essentially a major deterrent to all out war but when you announce you would never use it, it kinda loses it's purpose. What an idiotic announcement to make, even if he has strong convictions against their use.
It's like going into a fight after you announced you'll only throw light slaps no matter what they do.

No, it isn't!
I would, and expect everybody else to defend themselves with whatever degree of violence necessary if someone has made it clear they are going to kill you, no matter how slight your chances of overcoming them.

Under nuclear attack, there is not a snowball's chance in hell you are going to survive. Retaliation is pointless unless you want to kill people who are totally innocent and risk killing all life on Earth.

you are a real dumbass--someone attacks us with nukes--and we should do NOTHING??????!! IDIOT

Heck, knowing Corbyn, if Russia launched a nuke attack on Great Britain, he would launch a nuke attack on Israel in return.

A nuclear arsenal is essentially a major deterrent to all out war but when you announce you would never use it, it kinda loses it's purpose. What an idiotic announcement to make, even if he has strong convictions against their use.
It's like going into a fight after you announced you'll only throw light slaps no matter what they do.

No, it isn't!
I would, and expect everybody else to defend themselves with whatever degree of violence necessary if someone has made it clear they are going to kill you, no matter how slight your chances of overcoming them.

Under nuclear attack, there is not a snowball's chance in hell you are going to survive. Retaliation is pointless unless you want to kill people who are totally innocent and risk killing all life on Earth.

you are a real dumbass--someone attacks us with nukes--and we should do NOTHING??????!! IDIOT

They won't attack us with nukes if we don't have any in the first place.
Why would anyone attack Ireland, Iceland, Switzerland or Papua New Guinea?

No, it isn't!

They won't attack us with nukes if we don't have any in the first place.
Why would anyone attack Ireland, Iceland, Switzerland or Papua New Guinea?

If Iran or NK wipe out NYC, DC, Philly , Chi and Boston then I won’t lose any sleep

New Topics

Forum List

Back