Zone1 In 32 minutes

Try to get a shot with more context.
Here

Screenshot_20220928-064032_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I'm hardly ever on USMB via mobile. All I see in that spot is time per CStandardTime. Sometimes a message that the post was "15 minutes ago" because anything newer than an hour gets that kind of formatted time stamp.

It COULD BE -- that either your TIME ZONE is set wrong on USMB -- or on your phone.

It's USMB thru the Xenforo S/ware that formats that message so I suspect maybe you never set or CHANGED your time zone on USMB. GO to "Your Account" and the "Preferences". The top item is TIme Zone. Make sure it's correct.

That MIGHT happen if you USMB timezone is set ONE timezone WEST of where you actually are. Because it's reporting the post time as EARLIER than it is NOW where you think you are.

"32 Minutes from now" is "28 minutes AGO" in the proper timezone.

I COULD try this -- lemme check.

Still looking for usmb time zone. Should it be coordinated with VPN time zone when VPN is on?

Looks like the screen shot below. Click on your Avie and name in the upper right of any page.
Go to Account Details. Select Settings. And then Preferences.

It's the first option where you see my setting for CentralSTime.

settings timezone.png

No, not by the board programmers/IT staff. Most of any censorship is suggested/requested by members, in reports. Quite common to have a member report a thread, sometimes repeatedly to get it or another member actioned, as they do not like their view or content/viewpoint discussed, sometimes suggesting moving to a less trafficked forum or down to the badlands/taunting zones, or shut down. Some of our most interest, though often irritating posters do this on a daily basis. Some reports are legitimate, with obvious board rules violations. Some are just censorship attempts, to favor their viewpoint. I've been doing this for 4 or 5 months and still struggle sometimes, letting some things slide or doing an alternative solution to avoid member manipulation of content for manipulation’s sake. We are supposed to blurb a report after going into a report and have to be ready to support our action or inaction after going to investigate a report. Other Mods online will definitely let you know if they agree or disagree and are absolutely invited and expected to read all reports and invited to comment, and indeed action something, that was not actioned correctly by the original investigating mod in accordance with board rules or the zen aspect of doing the gig. We don't always agree, but are not required to. If a mod were censoring allowed content or viewpoint, it would be questioned and discussed, to keep all on the same sheet of music.

Were you aware of the experiment that one mod was running in the CDZ?

Yeah...nobody else was either.

Was it the one where they experimented on various brown-eyed posters trying to turn their eyes blue?
I think "donuts" make the brown eyes blue. It's been a couple decades since I've heard that song...

New Topics

Forum List

Back