Zone1 IMPORTANT: Do NOT "bump" Threads Older Than May 27th, 2022 in this Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that this is the case. The notion that we post differently depending on which subforum we are posting on is absolutely ridiculous. Whatever the zone stuff is about. I guarantee that it has something to do with more censorship and control coming from the side of the political war that can't live without censorship and control. It is apparent that control of this site is slipping away to the woke/blm side of the war.

This zone stuff and ever increasing implementation of new and arbitrary rules is just euphemism for what it really is, which is a war against free speech, freedom, and America. Lipstick on a pig.

Well, there used to be FOUR zones and I'm afraid Xenforo is probably not well set up to properly distinguish them, but I get the idea is to put more things under Z1 as I really can't see any point to more than TWO zones, Z1 where civil discourse rules and people are expected to act like ADULTS, which is the way it ought to be SO LONG AS THAT RULE IS ENFORCED to inhibit ALL flaming and trolling and STICK TO THE DAMN TOPIC and stay off the ad hominems, and Z2, where everyone gets to act like a child or an ass.

The catch is that for Z1 to properly work, mods need to break people of the habit of saying stuff then refusing to back their statements up or answer questions, because before you can have civil discussion, first, there must be DISCUSSION. Bottom line is that it takes a lot of mods to run so complicated a place!

It's growing like a cancer. It was only 3 sections a while back.
Exactly. When you don't see me posting here anymore, it's because the government in this community got to big and got rid of me. It's inevitable.

Exactly. When you don't see me posting here anymore, it's because the government in this community got to big and got rid of me. It's inevitable.
I’ve moved on from other sites for the same reason. Once the woke PC ninnies get a bit of power, they slowly stifle any talk that offends their delicate world views.

How about a conspiracy theory?

May 17, 2022 was the "up-to" date required by the subpoena from the DOJ. All conversations up to that date are required to be submitted to the DOJ for examination of evidence relating to white supramacy, insurgency, and hate speech.

You can expect that within a matter of time, you may hear a knock on your door at 3 AM. See y'all in the FEMA camps.

:laughing0301:

what and where is zone 1?

Zone 1 is the 4 or 5 forums that operate under Civil Discussion rules. Like the CDZone they you probably know of. In "Posting Guidelines" on the USMB Home page you'll find a "Zone "cheat sheet" that summarizes the differences in rules between the 3 forums. For more SPECIFICS about Zone1 (they all have a Zone1 "prefix" in the titles now) -- there is a sticky thread at the top of listings that never move with DETAILS about "civil discussion".

May 27, 2022. A day of infamy that will live forever. :eek-52:

Uhhh....what happened on May 27?

The day we moved the Race and Religion forum to Zone 1 discussion rules. You can easily TELL threads created BEFORE that date -- because they lack the "green" ZONE 1" Prefix tag at the front of the titles.

I can't find in zone one where it says you can't troll or derail. It says civil discourse, but not honest discourse. I guess this makes sense though, since real and honest political discourse is not about being either one...

Derail means "going off topic". CLEARLY not civil discussion as it says in the Sticky thread above each Zone forum listing. So that's covered.

"To troll" means various things to diff people but usually the PURPOSE of a troll post is to BAIT or attempt to start a personal feud. ALSO covered in the Zone rules.

Can't help on the HONEST part. We dont score level of effort or honesty in debate because it's subjective and not easily defined in "a rule". Dismantle the dishonest arguments. That's what civil debate is all about. You win and move on and ignore it if it continues. As in Dont Feed the DISHONEST.

How about a conspiracy theory?

May 17, 2022 was the "up-to" date required by the subpoena from the DOJ. All conversations up to that date are required to be submitted to the DOJ for examination of evidence relating to white supramacy, insurgency, and hate speech.

You can expect that within a matter of time, you may hear a knock on your door at 3 AM. See y'all in the FEMA camps.

:laughing0301:

Weirder things have happened around here lately.

It's growing like a cancer. It was only 3 sections a while back.

Not really. Announcements, Intros, The Lounge were ALREADY Zone 1 also. We cut some slack on "staying on the topic" in the Lounge, but since the furniture is nicer in there -- we NEVER allowed a lot of personal sniping. And in Intros -- the NEW MEMBER was the topic -- but because of the nature of THAT forum -- we allowed a much wider scope on WHERE the convo could go.

PERSONALLY I think Gardening, All of Hobbies, and Science/Tech should ALSO be "civil discussion". MAYBE -- people would RE-LEARN how to civilly talk with the "other side" without seeing them as irretrievable enemies.

Would help families and lovers from breaking up over the "hot issue stuff" even more than they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back