Impeachment, slippery slopes, and Harry Reid

Why not go back to Borking or what happened to Clarence Thomas during his hearings?
That has nothing to do with my point, but go ahead.

it actually does. If one wants to point to a "slippery slope" of the Senate going downhill, there are multiple uphill points to start at.

As usual, the Babylon Bee has a good take on the situation:

Dems Who Ran Sham Impeachment Hearings Shocked As Republicans Run Sham Impeachment Trial

Democratic leaders in the House called on their Republican colleagues in the Senate to run a fair and thorough impeachment trial instead of a farce as they did when they held impeachment hearings.

"We demand Republicans take this seriously and not make this into a circus as we did," Pelosi said sternly. "I would hope the Senate would carry out their solemn duty and not make this a big charade, you know, as we did in the House."
Okay, sounds good!

Why are you being all deflecty?
You're diluting the thread. That's up to you, but I'm not required to participate.

I asked specific questions that don't require dilution to be addressed as they are.

Translation:
"Say only things you know I will approve of or I will not respond."

Does anyone think Harry Reid regrets running with the Nuclear Option? I sure do.

Democrats, do you think we'll see far more impeachments and calls for impeachment of Democratic Presidents in the future now?

Republicans, do you think a Democratic President will blatantly use the power of his office to protect himself and his actions in the future?

Slippery slopes. Lowered standards. Be careful what you ask for. Thinking short term can bite you square in the ass.

Do you even care?

What does the Nuclear Option have to do with Impeachment procedures? It only has to do with Judicial appointments.

What powers has Trump used that weren't used by Obama, or by a more limited about by GWB?
I made it clear: The slippery slope argument.

"Slippery slope"....you mean like throwing presumption of innocence in the shitter? Encouraging trial by media and public opinion?

Do you want congress to have the power to nullify all actions of the executive branch? That isn't oversight.

Correct. That’s a parliamentary system.

Remember...these people tend to admire Europe rather than America.

Does anyone think Harry Reid regrets running with the Nuclear Option? I sure do.

Democrats, do you think we'll see far more impeachments and calls for impeachment of Democratic Presidents in the future now?

Republicans, do you think a Democratic President will blatantly use the power of his office to protect himself and his actions in the future?

Slippery slopes. Lowered standards. Be careful what you ask for. Thinking short term can bite you square in the ass.

Do you even care?

What does the Nuclear Option have to do with Impeachment procedures? It only has to do with Judicial appointments.

What powers has Trump used that weren't used by Obama, or by a more limited about by GWB?
I made it clear: The slippery slope argument.

Why not go back to Borking or what happened to Clarence Thomas during his hearings?
That has nothing to do with my point, but go ahead.

Sure it does. Thomas marks the beginning of their outrageous tactics to use the media to do what the voters refused to give them the power to do. And their willingness to poison the well for everyone as they went down in defeat.

Clarence Thomas was their first foot on that slippery slope. Nixon gave the media/Democrat machine a heady sense of power true but at least they had a majority to do it.

We forget that the GOP was considered a permanent minority for a long time (and seemed content there). The Democrats were corrupted by entrenched power and a sycophantic media and their reaction since then has been a senseless rage. They do not even know how to give the “losers consent” necessary to a functioning representative government.

Do you even care?
I think Reid does. IfTrump wins re-election I think this moronic impeachment fades away if he doesn’t and the Republicans win the House I think the Democrat President will get the same treatment Trump did and yes I think a Democrat President will use executive privilege the way Trump did.

I think Reid does. IfTrump wins re-election I think this moronic impeachment fades away if he doesn’t and the Republicans win the House I think the Democrat President will get the same treatment Trump did and yes I think a Democrat President will use executive privilege the way Trump did.
Holy crap, finally a direct and thoughtful response. Thanks.

I have my moments

I have to bring up what a prince Harry Reid was. He flat out lied about Romney not paying his taxes, and when asked about it, he just said it worked. He was Schiff before Schiff. Is that the beginning of chucklebunnies making up garbage like fake conversations with Putin and Zelensky?

Found a response you liked huh? I didn't know it was possible.

Found a response you liked huh? I didn't know it was possible.
You bet! I asked clear and direct questions and got clear and direct answers. I don't care if he agrees with me. I appreciate that!

People like you, who only respond by bitching about me personally, are like children whining in the corner. Irrelevant.

Forum List

Back