Immortality: Uploading Human Mind to Computers?

The terminator fan speaks
Terminator was sure a dystopia.
Asimov's 3 rules of robotics are supposed to prevent that sort of thing, but Asimov didn't know how easily systems can be hacked.
You ever eaten raw live monkey brains?

To be cultural you know

Meh. That is a pretty stale insult. Overused.
My heritage is western Europe, with the last 4 generations in the US. Do you have any good western Europe put-downs?
Yes woowoo if you say so.

Tell us again that quantum entanglement can never be used for communications because you read such on the internet of fools

What do bat brains smell like anyway?
Give it up. You lost your touch. Too one dimensional.
It's great 2 b me...........................................

You boiled any dogs alive today?

Hey Forbes agrees with you

Forbes is wrong

Again all that is needed for communication is one single entangled photon

It's been done fool

So it's not up for debate anymore

Not that you will ever comprehend this

Last edited:
Move on. Nothing to see here. Just a sore loser probably stoned out of his mind. Time to stop feeding the troll.

Move on. Nothing to see here. Just a sore loser probably stoned out of his mind. Time to stop feeding the troll.

LOL you mean move onto the real post information about uploading memories to robots.......................

Yes Neo, you are the one

1*GoSUuCba7TvJbIxtjMdtxA.jpeg

I think that a perfectly functional exact copy of a brain would be doomed to fail even inside a simulation at some point because there are yet discovered functions of the brain that evolved to work within a mortal framework. Your neurons die as you age and your brain purposely kills them off to improve function. I think that's a good starting point.

So, in a computer your brain could be preserved indefinitely, then, to function forever without resetting the mortality processes must be removed and in their place a new process to keep the neurons healthy and functional without the need of permanent disposal.

This leads me to the theorum that neurons can accept input and that input is permanently burnt into them. Your neurons arent like computer files that can be erased and rewritten. Once that space is used that program is burnt onto that neuron indefinitely. That is why your brain kills them off when they get corrupted, because they can't be repaired. It is better to lose some memory than let that memory cause malfunctions.

Last edited:
The ambitious mission of replicating the human brain onto a computer and achieving immortality.
You or your mind wouldn't be immortal. A copy of your mind would be.

Think of it as cloning. If I got a clone and die the next day, I would still be dead but my clone would be alive. I think that's an important distinction.
Put it another way; could the mind continue (somewhere out there) with out the physical body?
My 2 cents ...
NO.
The mind is more than a set of billions of neurons & their trillions of connections.
There’s also the other bio cells (hormones, etc) that regulate emotions & mood.

Forum List

Back