Immoral Liberals Would Block This

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
At one time we had morals. Obviously you weren't around in the 50s.
No one had sex outside of marriage in the 1950s?
4i6Ckte.gif

And how is it immoral to have sex outside of marriage? Because the Big Book of Fairy Tales says so?

Hey MODs, does this thread meet the clean start rule you folks came up with?

Hey libs, morality is a good thing.

---Indonesia bans sex outside marriage---

Indonesians are fucking stupid. Also, you are stupid for thinking this is cool. You arent a conservative. Youre a fag. :cuckoo:

I'm sure the tourism-dependent resort managers in Bali really appreciate that. I can hear the sound of vacation plans being changed as I type.

I missed the part in the 1950s where we passed a flood of draconian morality-police laws in adherence to the strict tenets of conservative Islam.

I missed the part in the 1950s where we passed a flood of draconian morality-police laws in adherence to the strict tenets of conservative Islam.
You missed it when gay bars like Stonewall were shut down. And you missed it when it was illegal for unmarried women to get a prescription for the pill.

I don't believe people were more moralistic in the 1950's, or the 1940's, or the 1840's ...

... there were, however, stigma and shame assigned to people who deviated from societal sexual norms.

We ascribe these norms to religion or morals when, in fact, they really are economic.

Children are a responsibility. We have evolved family relations to help people with meet those responsibilities. As old-fashioned and arbitrary as those societal norms and stigmas were, the actually performed a useful societal function.

Sex out of wedlock, while awesome, can lead to children who don't have the support structure of a family and who are at high risk of behavior problems that can continue on well into adulthood.

Removing the social stigmas from pre-marital sex and divorce has led to significant abrogation of parental responsibilities and associated problems with providing proper social care.

Forum List

Back