Immigration debate: Perry won't back down

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
An honest politician who is willing to go to the mat for his beliefs...I didn't think there were any left.

Perry didn't back off his support for the underlying decision to support the in-state tuition for the children of illegal immigrants. Ironically, Perry defended it on the same terms Romney has explained his state's healthcare plan; Perry said it was "a state's sovereign right" to decide how best to deal with issues of benefits for illegal immigrants.

Isn't it refreshing to hear a candidate stand up for a unpopular position BEFORE they're elected?

Rather than champion every position that is popular to get elected then suddenly change positions when they decide to run for a higher office.

You'll know what Perry stands for when he is elected President.

Romney...not so much...if he's remains true to form, his most strongly held belief will evaporate faster than a drop of water in a hot pan if that's what it take to get elected.

Perry's stance on in state tuition and his HPV vaccine mandate are the two areas I happen to agree with Perry on...and what will sink him in the eyes of the Tea Baggers. :lol:

Perry's stance on in state tuition and his HPV vaccine mandate are the two areas I happen to agree with Perry on...and what will sink him in the eyes of the Tea Baggers. :lol:

I don't have a problem with Perry's position on in state tuition.

The HPV vaccine? I'm glad he came out and said he was wrong in the way it was implemented, via executive order, but I think his heart was in the right place.

The HPV vaccine? I'm glad he came out and said he was wrong in the way it was implemented, via executive order, but I think his heart was in the right place.

The money was in the right place.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/15/opinion/krumholz-beckel-perry-pharmaceutical/index.html

The money was in the right place.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/15/opinion/krumholz-beckel-perry-pharmaceutical/index.html

See that big word "opinion" in your link.

It translates to "bullshit".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back