Immigrant fertility plunges in U.S., drops below replacement rate for first time

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Undercutting what was a stupid reason for all this never-ending immigration.

The Center for Immigration Studies calculates that the total fertility rate reached 2.02 children per immigrant woman in 2019, well below the 2.1 rate necessary to replace the existing population. In 2008, the TFR for immigrant women stood at 2.75.

Steven A. Camarota, the lead author of the study, said that undercuts conventional wisdom that the U.S. can rely on immigrants to rejuvenate an elderly population.

“Immigration is no fix for an aging society,” he said. “It doesn’t increase your fertility rate very much.”

Mr. Camarota even said there’s some evidence in the numbers, albeit preliminary, that immigrants actually decrease the fertility rate of native-born women, perhaps by driving up housing or other costs and complicating the decision to have more children.

The Center for Immigration Studies calculates that the total fertility rate reached 2.02 children per immigrant woman in 2019, well below the 2.1 rate necessary to replace the existing population. In 2008, the TFR for immigrant women stood at 2.75.
Steven A. Camarota, the lead author of the study, said that undercuts conventional wisdom that the U.S. can rely on immigrants to rejuvenate an elderly population.
“Immigration is no fix for an aging society,” he said. “It doesn’t increase your fertility rate very much.”
Mr. Camarota even said there’s some evidence in the numbers, albeit preliminary, that immigrants actually decrease the fertility rate of native-born women, perhaps by driving up housing or other costs and complicating the decision to have more children.

Don't tell the democrats. Their hope to live to see an off-white minority replace a lily-white majority to as vindication for the ain't never gonna be a majority minorities is being dashed.

That was interesting. You are a smart guy. Sometimes we do not agree, but tell me why I should care about the immigrant birthrate. Was a stated goal of some group to decrease the average age of society in general by immigrant birthrate? This will sound very uniformed, I'm sure, but I thought it was about cheap labor.

That was interesting. You are a smart guy. Sometimes we do not agree, but tell me why I should care about the immigrant birthrate. Was a stated goal of some group to decrease the average age of society in general by immigrant birthrate? This will sound very uniformed, I'm sure, but I thought it was about cheap labor.

Do you mean that Mexican woman can't have a child every 2 months? My reality is shattered.

Immigrants are easier to control than the americans of old. As they are offered free chit, they vote for free chit despite the facts--eventually they wake up and it looks more like their homeland than america--like Venezeula. The powers that be don't care because they would have hollowed out the assets by that point and just move to their islands and playgrounds not caring about the hell they created for others. Some people/families it is about the most and more than everyone else instead having enough to happily live. Soros, Rothchilds, Gates are some such...never ever enough.

Immigrants are not just about cheap labor and voting destruction. They create needs that the rich exploit....illegals and other immigrants have more health issues, more crime issues,more school issues, they consume lots of products------and the more pathetic that they are and the more trouble that they cause, the more government money that can be funnelled around in the name of the immigrants and cleaning up their messes that can be made---meaning that the rich can funnel the money into their banks.

The Climate Cultist have been telling Women to not have children.
The Feminist have been telling Women to not get married and have a family.
Left Wingers have been ridiculing mainstream families for generations.
The good news is that Left Wingers are well onto the road to self extinction.

Forum List

Back