IMDb making "adjustments" to Little Mermaid reviews after mostly negative ratings

Star Wars is going to shit. The only decent thing they have had in a decade is Andor. The rest sucks.
I agree. Lucas must be regretting the day he agreed to sell. The name still draws, but even that is showing the signs of a bad series of films, and worse streaming series. Even the popularity of Grogu won’t keep the Mandalorian going much longer.

Well, since they own Lucas, they can always do a remake of Howard the Duck. After all, he is in the MCU.
The original Howard was one of those bad movies that was funny while being bad (for the time period). An updated Howard could be good but I don’t have hope that Disney will do it right.

I agree. Lucas must be regretting the day he agreed to sell. The name still draws, but even that is showing the signs of a bad series of films, and worse streaming series. Even the popularity of Grogu won’t keep the Mandalorian going much longer.
The latest Mandalorian series was a joke. Great visuals and little else. One entire episode was devoted entirely to wokeness.

In the original illustrations, they were all white for obvious reasons.

Damn, the things that need to be explained to those incapable of thinking, anyway!

So, um you think Mermaids are a real thing? Just asking.

That is the words of the author of the tale itself, which should settle the matter once and for all. The Little Mermaid is "delicately fair" with blue eyes.

Um, okay. You do realize that many adaptations don't follow the source material exactly, right? For instance, in Anderson's original story, the Mermaid dies, but fucking Disney gave it a happy ending for the kiddies. (And don't even get me started on the Jungle Book or Pocahontas.)

In the original Men in Black comic, Agent J was a white guy. But couldn't imagine anyone but Will Smith playing him today.

The Series Elementary cast Lucy Liu as Dr. Watson (who is usually an old white dude in most adaptation of Sherlock Holmes stories.) She was actually really good in the role.

So I don't get upset that a mythical creature was played by a black woman. Now, when a lobby of actual mermaids come along and complain, I'll take it seriously.

Forum List

Back