imagine its 1989

yidnar

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2011
Inside your head.
imagine its 1989 and you are a reasonable adult . now imagine that you are able to see into the future .. and the date is 2022 ..now though you can see there is no sound and you are only able to view not interact ... as you look theres a few things that you will immediately notice and those things shock you to the core .. one of the things you notice is that very few children are outside playing .. you notice that adults everywhere have their heads bent over a small handheld rectangular object and they are taping it with their thumbs with an intensity so powerful they seem to be entranced ! and the kids you would assume to be outside on this sunny day are doing the same ! and the people are in this trance for hrs on end day after day ! remember you have never heard of I phones or social media as you view this ... would it be a reasonable summation on your part to believe that the world and everyone in it has gone insane !

has the world slowly been entranced and driven to a form of insanity without us noticing ? just look at how desensitized violent many young people have become !

one of the things you notice is that very few children are outside playing .. you notice that adults everywhere have their heads bent over a small handheld rectangular object and they are taping it with their thumbs with an intensity so powerful they seem to be entranced !

Hard to imagine in 1989

game-boy.jpg

hey everybody i'm serious ! i truly believe that if you were that person in 1989 and could view the present you would be horrified !

If I had three wishes my "gift to mankind" wish would be I'd wish away every vestige of the internet and portable phones world-wide along with the knowledge to create it.....Make filing cabinets and personal interaction great again. ;)

imagine its 1989 and you are a reasonable adult . now imagine that you are able to see into the future .. and the date is 2022 ..now though you can see there is no sound and you are only able to view not interact ... as you look theres a few things that you will immediately notice and those things shock you to the core .. one of the things you notice is that very few children are outside playing .. you notice that adults everywhere have their heads bent over a small handheld rectangular object and they are taping it with their thumbs with an intensity so powerful they seem to be entranced ! and the kids you would assume to be outside on this sunny day are doing the same ! and the people are in this trance for hrs on end day after day ! remember you have never heard of I phones or social media as you view this ... would it be a reasonable summation on your part to believe that the world and everyone in it has gone insane !
Yes!

And 1989 was a great year! Matt and I had already met, and were just realizing that maybe we wanted to be more than just friends from work!!! Lol! That got settled pretty quick! We got married the following year, in 1990!

If I had three wishes my "gift to mankind" wish would be I'd wish away every vestige of the internet and portable phones world-wide along with the knowledge to create it.....Make filing cabinets and personal interaction great again. ;)
I agree!

The internet is the Beast in Revelation, if there really is such a thing! :eek:
And also the Serpent luring mankind in to eating from the "tree of knowledge"

It has some alluring qualities...Facts and knowledge at your fingertips!

But it also has a gazillion lies at your fingertips as well, that people fall prey to.

I don't have a facebook, Instagram or Twitter etc. account. I call my friends and family if I want to talk to them....call me old fashioned, I'm fine with that!

If you did the same thing in 1959 and looked at 1989, you'd be surprised to see different races everywhere with their ears covered by headphones plugged into Sony Walkmen.

That would look crazy to someone who was a right wing loser in 1959.

The future scares conservatives. They don't see a place for them in it. They are right.

I agree!

The internet is the Beast in Revelation, if there really is such a thing! :eek:
And also the Serpent luring mankind in to eating from the "tree of knowledge"

It has some alluring qualities...Facts and knowledge at your fingertips!

But it also has a gazillion lies at your fingertips as well, that people fall prey to.

I don't have a facebook, Instagram or Twitter etc. account. I call my friends and family if I want to talk to them....call me old fashioned, I'm fine with that!

I've never seen anything that couldn't wait till I got home anyway. Someone's sick or dead....Hell, they aren't going to be any less sick or dead when I get home.

Oh I have a "smart" phone my daughter got for me.....It sits in the car. Good for watching while waiting at a doctor's office or such.....I've never texted in my life.

That would look crazy to someone who was a right wing loser in 1959.

Or ... it would look like a kick-ass movie ...

men-into-space-1959.jpg

In the late '50s ... our future was full of buttons and knobs and totally ruled. We weren't into doom and gloom and hating technology because it couldn't make us decide our sexuality.

jetsons.0.jpg

Forum List

Back