I'm Starting to Have Doubts about Roe V. Wade being Overturned

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
I still think it will be, but I'm no longer as sure as I was at the beginning of the reporting of the leak. The Justices will be hard-pressed not to take into account the likely murderous reaction of the left to such a ruling, and look for a way out.

One scenario: Roberts takes the lead in advocating for his version of the ruling, which would uphold the Mississippi law but not overturn Roe. Here is what WAPO said about Roberts:

There is also reason to believe Roberts has not given up. Many who know him well and have watched his maneuvering of the court through other issues are certain he is still preparing his own opinion in hopes he might draw at least one of the court’s newest conservatives to his side.

Why only a conservative? What if the court's ultra liberals saw the handwriting on the wall for Roe, and decided to vote with Roberts in favor of upholding the Mississippi law, putting him in the majority and giving him the right to assign the writing of the opinion to himself.

Part of me thinks this might happen, because the Lib-Dems are so often saved by what appears to be Deus ex Machina, but is in reality only the weakness of the ideological right.

Roberts has a history of acting according to stare decisis even when he felt the prior case was wrongly decided. His vote, however, won't be enough.

Roberts is a freakin' coward and a man with something to hide. something big.

and second. I doubt it will be sent back to states........the left will continue to lobby for and kill the unborn. If they get our guns...they can legally kill our children who manage to make it out of the womb....with no consequences.

Why only a conservative? What if the court's ultra liberals saw the handwriting on the wall for Roe, and decided to vote with Roberts in favor of upholding the Mississippi law, putting him in the majority and giving him the right to assign the writing of the opinion to himself.

So it'll be 9-0 to overturn Roe?

Forum List

Back