I'm shocked! :Britney Spears Files for Divorce

Lefty Wilbury

Nov 4, 2003
and i thought these crazy kids could go the distance

http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/07/britney-spears-files-for-divorce/

Britney Spears Files for Divorce
Posted Nov 7th 2006 3:47PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Break-Ups, Britney and Kevin

Britney Spears has filed a petition for divorce from Kevin Federline.

TMZ obtained the legal papers, filed today in Los Angeles County Superior Court, citing "irreconcilable differences." In her petition, Spears asks for both legal and physical custody of the couple's two children, one-year old Sean Preston and two-month old Jayden James, with Federline getting reasonable visitation rights.

As for money, sources tell TMZ the couple, who married in Sept. 2004, has an iron-clad prenup. Not surprisingly, Spears is waiving her right to spousal support. She's also asking the judge to make each party pay their own attorney's fees.

Spears gives the date of separation as yesterday, the same day she flaunted her incredible revamped physique during a surprise appearance on David Letterman's show. Sources tell TMZ there was no single reason for Britney pulling the plug, rather, it was "a string of events."

Spears has hired powerhouse celebrity divorce lawyer Laura Wasser, who has repped a number of celebs, including Angelina Jolie, Nick Lachey and Kiefer Sutherland. We're told Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe asked Wasser to rep both of them in their split, but Wasser declined for personal reasons.

Documents to follow.

It's quite a commentary on society that on election day, this piece of "news" is worthy of a giant "BREAKING NEWS!" banner.

File this under "new nobody cared about six months ago". Hope you enjoyed your fifteen minutes, Kevin. You too, Britney.

Also file this under.....

Nobody give's a rats.........:moon4:

:p:

I bet you it's a conspiracy. She purposefully released this information today to distract and confuse voters. That BITCH.

Forum List

Back