I'm Scared that Dow will Drop Up 10K

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
It's nowdown close to 10K at the moment with another bad day. I don't care what side of the isle your on, the market tanking like this is BAD!!! Political points mean DICK, if the economy gets so low that we can't recover!

If your not scared by this you should be!

Last edited:
Invest in gold and US Treasuries and you'll be fine.

That's what Wall Street is doing.

:thup:

And when the Gold bubble bursts, they're going to be SCREWED.

In the next 5 years, I doubt gold will be worth more than $200/ounce. This is a BAD BAD bubble.

In the next 5 years, I doubt gold will be worth more than $200/ounce. This is a BAD BAD bubble.
It's not a bubble and the price of gold is fairly stable. The problem is a dollar buys less gold than it did a year ago. It buys less food, gasoline, lumber and steel too.
If we allow the Fed to print even more worthless dollars, the price of gold, along with food, gasoline lumber and steel will continue to rise.
What we are seeing is not the rise of a gold bubble, it is the collapse of a dollar bubble.

I wonder what percentage of the population actually has money in the stock market?

Myself and friends of mine, who are in the same boat, don't give two shits about people who have lost money in the market. There are those of us who already know that it can't get any worse for the working poor.

I'm hoping that it happens!

Good bargains.

I thought that when this happened three years ago...bought GE and AIG at what I though was cheap...three years later and I still haven't broken even yet.

Thanks Obama, watching my retirement accounts go under for the second time in three years.

I wonder what percentage of the population actually has money in the stock market?

Myself and friends of mine, who are in the same boat, don't give two shits about people who have lost money in the market. There are those of us who already know that it can't get any worse for the working poor.

That's pretty much my sentiment. They're fine with us crashing and burning, so backatcha, babe.

A lot of those who lost money were the average middle class working American.....just trying to put a little away for retirement. Why would you not care about the average person just trying to make ends meet?

Good bargains.

I thought that when this happened three years ago...bought GE and AIG at what I though was cheap...three years later and I still haven't broken even yet.

Thanks Obama, watching my retirement accounts go under for the second time in three years.

I'm a professional.

Don't try this at home, folks.

Good bargains.

I'm a professional.

Don't try this at home, folks.

True. I probably owe you a bottle of fine wine for your instincts on silver.

Good bargains.

There is no bubble in the stock market currently. Companies are sitting on tons of cash and they've already made the necessary cuts to operate profitably in this down economy. Fear and speculation are the driving forces, but they often have little to do with reality. They do create very good opportunities for those who can predict these trends effectively though. On the flipside, for those who stay the course, it usually ends up being a bad deal.

The US is getting hit by the EU and Far East problems. I'm happy where I'm at even though my gold mining shares went down 10+% as gold hit new highs. That is strange.

It's not a bubble and the price of gold is fairly stable. The problem is a dollar buys less gold than it did a year ago. It buys less food, gasoline, lumber and steel too.
If we allow the Fed to print even more worthless dollars, the price of gold, along with food, gasoline lumber and steel will continue to rise.
What we are seeing is not the rise of a gold bubble, it is the collapse of a dollar bubble.

There is a big difference in commodies like food, gas, lumber and steel and gold. Those are products we need for daily living. The are necessity. Gold, while it can and are used for jewelry, it's not daily necessity and right now it's being bought up quick as a "safe" investment. The price is skyrocketing and eventually the bubble will burst. People used to say property values never go down, esp when the value of the dollar is decreasing. Now they say the same about gold!

What we are seeing now is a buying opportunity.

The market will come back, the fundamentals are not that bad.

New Topics

Forum List

Back