I'm saving my money and leaving the U.S.A.

First I would check into the immigration policies of various countries and other factors, such as cost of living, weather and other factors you find important to you, such as languages spoken or whatever.

Some restrictions in some countries may make it impossible for you to emigrate there, and you can check those off your list of possibles.

Make a spreadsheet.

Countries in the first column. Criteria and pros and cons across the top row. Check boxes accordingly to rule countries in or out and winnow down your list.

Serious decisions deserve serious thought and analysis.

Mexico is the best bet to be perfectly honest.
Mexico use to be a very good option, I don't know about now with the drug cartels being so violent. I took many trips to all parts of Mexico years ago, there is no way I would do that now.

It’s avocado cartels these days.
Yes they are extorting and controlling the avocado farmers in Mexico but their primary business will always be drugs.

Yes I know. But to do criminal activities with food. Peru too.

I don’t have many principles left, but I refuse to eat them. Unless picked from the back garden when I’m in Cyprus.

Poland is a tremendous place to more in Europe. Seems to be pretty reasonably priced. If you don't like Polish people, Czechia, Slovakia and Hungary are doing their best to have civilized societies.

The Polish language is very nuanced and difficult for someone my age to begin learning.

Polish president Andrzej Duda is Trump on steroids. If you don't want to live in an authoritarian plutocracy, just say no to both Poland and Hungary. My cousin lives in France outside of Paris and loves it there. Like me, she grew up in SoCal but has been there for 40 years now and would never consider returning.

Somewhat strange thread. What is a reason to ask the Americans here about the best country in Europe to live in? There are special sites and forums about that.

Also, who knows your feelings and preferences better than you do? I think that at least you should make up top 3 countries yourself. In this case, it would be more meaningful discussion.

My bet is probably the Czech Rep. Small stable country, relatively cheap, mild climate, good architecture, located literally at the center of Europe from where you can make auto trips to many other European countries for pleasure.

Somewhat strange thread. What is a reason to ask the Americans here about the best country in Europe to live in? There are special sites and forums about that.

Also, who knows your feelings and preferences better than you do? I think that at least you should make up top 3 countries yourself. In this case, it would be more meaningful discussion.

My bet is probably the Czech Rep. Small stable country, relatively cheap, mild climate, good architecture, located literally at the center of Europe from where you can make auto trips to many other European countries for pleasure.

I am interested in reading the responses of politics board users and perhaps someone would reply with interesting info. This topic is on many Americans mind in light of recent events as the U.S.A. is teetering on the edge of instability and civil war. Politics boards seems a good place to ask this question because it is the US politicians that have led us to want to leave.

I considered the Czeck Republic and quite a lot. While imagining what moves would be like based on what I know and learned this country always tops the list of places that fit what I want. This decision will be the most important decision of the rest of my life so its difficult to not consider and reconsider repeatedly.

What does having a penis have to do with anything.

You've never studied history have you?

My B.A. is in history, minor in political science. Leadership talent cannot be assessed by genitalia. History does show that those with female genitalia have suffered discrimination because of it. In the U.S. alone, it took a long time for women to even get to vote, much less run for office. In monarchies, only males were recognized as legitimate successors to the throne, not the first born regardless of sex.
I think they have changed that now most places. The UK for sure.
In the last two years I've visited Italy, Scotland and Ireland. Honestly, I could easily see myself living in either Ireland or Scotland.

Italy is really fucking crowded, at least from Florence south. I've not been to northern Italy, so I can't comment. It's one of those places I enjoyed the Hell out of visiting, but I don't think I could live there.

If I had to choose, I'd choose Scotland. My daughter and I went there last year, and we had an amazing time. The people were gracious and accommodating, the food is awesome (yes, even the haggis!) and the countryside is beautiful. Oh, and the beer doesn't suck.

I don't know what it takes to move to, say, Edinburgh, but I'd have no aversion to finding out...
I have always thought if I were to move to Europe, I would go to Iceland, they always had the most sane government in my view.

I love their history, and the geography and land is spectacular. It is like heaven on Earth.

Their weather is a bit cool. The winters there are more mild than here around the Great Lakes, so that would be a bonus, but their summers, are much, much cooler.

OTH, I admired the hell how they dealt with their bankers since the 2008 collapse, and they have had phenomenal growth since then.

Another bonus? It isn't officially part of the EU, though it has many tight treaties with it.

. . . added to that, if I thought it were safe to come back to visit relatives and friends, the travel costs to NY would probably be cheapest too.

If you had to go through the pain of learning a new language. . . I guess, that would be the price worth to pay. . .

gdp_growt.png

Tourism a major boost The Icelandic economy grew four times as fast as the OECD average in 2016. Photo/Iceland Mag-OECD figures

I’ve been to Iceland. The weather would get me down. Struggling against the wind.

People don’t think about things like that, beforehand.

And why learn another language? Everyone talks the same crap. Whatever the language.

Most countries require you to learn their national language before you intend to move there.
Life has been harsh and cruel and I am not willing to raise a family in such conditions. Europe is my destination and my goal is Summer 2022. This move won't be easy but I can make it happen.

Advice for ex-pats in Europe? What are the best places for Americans to move to in Europe?
It is damn difficult to do unless you are a millionaire a doctor or married to a citizen.
I tried to do it I owned a bar in southern Spain but now you can make money off the internet so it may be different. I would try the other great republic France. Number one quality of life great food
Like most Americans you are talking about Paris not France.
France is over-policed and over run with terrorist cells. You got the magazine shootings, the concert slaughter and other terrorist incidents. The population is too divided and tensions too great. Taxes are highest in Europe, so much so that a large portion of their upper class left France recently. But for women I suppose France is a wet dream.
Like most Americans you are talking about Paris not France period go to Poland if you want to be in a right-wing semi-revolution period or Hungary. Not happening in france. By the way your facts are all wrong period as for taxes you get what you pay for . Number one quality of life. Our right-wing propaganda denigrates France because they were right LOL.

French right wingers are ultra wealthy royalists that operate in the background watching France toil into degeneracy and foreign advancement. They'll milk France for what its worth till the last drop and not risk a drop of their clear pure blood to defend it. When France finally falls theyll pick up camp and move to some private island and mingle with others such as themselves of other nationalities.

France is my country of choice, though I don’t like their politics.

But you can’t have everything.
I like that
Why did you decide to leave America?
Not a good condition to raise a family if youre below the high class wealth line. Even high class folks are ditchin ms liberty and turning in their boyscout uniforms. Im with them. See ya wouldnt wanna be ya.
On the other hand, you better look into it period if you are not a doctor or very rich or an internet business person or married to a citizen it is damn difficult. The internet I am not familiar with but in 1994 I owned a bar in southern Spain and couldn't do anything. I proposed marriage to approximately 300 women in a year LOL no dice. I blame Lisa Cooper the daughter of the most obscure James Bond ever Terence Cooper.

Poland is a tremendous place to more in Europe. Seems to be pretty reasonably priced. If you don't like Polish people, Czechia, Slovakia and Hungary are doing their best to have civilized societies.

The Polish language is very nuanced and difficult for someone my age to begin learning.

Polish president Andrzej Duda is Trump on steroids. If you don't want to live in an authoritarian plutocracy, just say no to both Poland and Hungary. My cousin lives in France outside of Paris and loves it there. Like me, she grew up in SoCal but has been there for 40 years now and would never consider returning.

I considered Poland a lot because on a personal level I can relate in many ways with the Polish mindset and attitude. One of my uncles is Polish descent and we always get along well. France though, maybe these problems there are exclusive to Paris, but my personal experience with France elitists in America and those problems I already mentioned makes me uncomfortable about going there at all. The French are huge, many in power around the world, many of them with a power hand in US politics and business. My personal intuition says no, not a good idea.

have you been in Poland ?

Americans like the pottery shopping there.
yeh, whats about moving to Poland how many Americans moved to P. in 2019 ?

I thought it was nice there.

In particular, Nowy Sącz.

would you live to move there ? i Like Poland but move there ....

would you live to move there ? i Like Poland but move there ....

It’s too far to the east for me.

Away from the centre of things.

I’d live in Provence, if I could.

Life has been harsh and cruel and I am not willing to raise a family in such conditions. Europe is my destination and my goal is Summer 2022. This move won't be easy but I can make it happen.

Advice for ex-pats in Europe? What are the best places for Americans to move to in Europe?
Go to UK if you don´t like language barriers. Americans like Germany, too. My advice though: Get a decent job. That is way more easy in the US.

Go to UK if you don´t like language barriers. Americans like Germany, too. My advice though: Get a decent job. That is way more easy in the US.

Americans like Germany because everything is paid for.

Go to UK? Divided by a common language.

Really, they like all the free stuff? This forum gives a different impression...

Really, they like all the free stuff? This forum gives a different impression...

In Germany, more Americans live off the US government, than on the economy.

In Germany, more Americans live off the US government, than on the economy.
Most are soldiers, I guess.

Any communist country will do, doll.

The op just joinef a couple days back.

Forum List

Back