I'm Pretty Sure That My House Is Being Haunted By My Former Cat

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
Easter Island (USA)
For those of you who don't already know, I lost a cat a few years ago as she broke out through the screen door chasing after a stray cat and ran away. I'm not sure if she passed that night or a little while later, but I'm convinced that she has come back as a spirit. For I have felt a sensation of a cat rubbing up against me sometimes when my current cat is nowhere around and last night she was just staring at the top of the couch and my chair where my last one liked to walk and sit on the back of my chair when I was watching a movie. They say that animals can sense or see spirits and I've never seen her do that before. For when it's a bug she's constantly having her head go all over the place and besides that I looked all around and I didn't see anything like that.

I had a dog that passed and for a few weeks afterwards I could swear I'd catch glimpses of him out of the corner of my eye.....Never the whole dog just parts like a tail or something....It was weird.

I guess I was so used to seeing him nearby for so many years my mind was playing tricks on me.

I got better. ;)

Well yeah, it's pretty easy for your own mind to play tricks on you, but my current cat never met my old one and didn't know where her spots were.

Well yeah, it's pretty easy for your own mind to play tricks on you, but my current cat never met my old one and didn't know where her spots were.
It's OK, your weirdness is just slightly different. ;)

Oh and the "spot" thing is nothing. The first one just found a place it liked and the current just likes the same spots.

Sort of like how down on my river property I can catch a nice channel cat around this big rock out in the river and not catch another there that day, come back the next day and boom, catch another nice catfish that took over the spot....Rinse and repeat.

Oh and the "spot" thing is nothing. The first one just found a place it liked and the current just likes the same spots.

No, she wasn't on the same spot, she was staring at those spots and it's as if an invisible animal was walking a crossed the back of the couch to the back of the chair.

Look for logical reasons first. Your new cat would likely choose the same places to sit because the places are attractive to cats.

Would you like to hear some more explanations?

The house I grew up in on Long Island was built over 100 years ago. I'm pretty sure all kinds of shit haunts that place.

One ghost in particular would be Kim, one of our Great Danes. When she climbed or descended the stairs they would creak a certain way. It was unique. None of the other dogs sounded the same, and no member of the family ever made the stairs creak like that. Yet, years after Kim was laid to rest under the big willow tree in the backyard I would still hear those stairs creak as if Kim was walking on them.

It was oddly comforting...

Look for logical reasons first. Your new cat would likely choose the same places to sit because the places are attractive to cats.

Would you like to hear some more explanations?

Again, she wasn't actually sitting in those places, just had her eyes fixed on them.

Not a ghost story but still petty disturbing. When I was around 9 I was at my friends house when my friends dad accidentally ran over my friends beagle, while backing out of the drive way. His dad decided it was too serious and shot the puppy with his .22. He buried the puppy out back behind the barn. Needless to say my friend was devastated. I ended up spending the night to keep him company. We were the first ones up the next morning, and my friend had chores to do. I decided to help. And when we opened the front door; there was his beagle puppy. Dead, stiff, and muddy with a hole in the top of his head. Curled up on the Welcome mat. That kid was never right after that…

Not a ghost story but still petty disturbing. When I was around 9 I was at my friends house when my friends dad accidentally ran over my friends beagle, while backing out of the drive way. His dad decided it was too serious and shot the puppy with his .22. He buried the puppy out back behind the barn. Needless to say my friend was devastated. I ended up spending the night to keep him company. We were the first ones up the next morning, and my friend had chores to do. I decided to help. And when we opened the front door; there was his beagle puppy. Dead, stiff, and muddy with a hole in the top of his head. Curled up on the Welcome mat. That kid was never right after that…

I'm really to hear it and even though it was such a long time ago and I'm not even sure if you still keep in contact with each other anymore, my condolences. :(

Again, she wasn't actually sitting in those places, just had her eyes fixed on them.
Cats fix their eyes on lots of places. You are probably discounting all the other places on which your cat fixes her eyes. I think you want to believe the 'supernatural' instead of being logical first.
The reason I suggest that is because you've demonstrated that propensity at other times.

Please do continue to bring up more examples! It may not help but it can't hurt.

Some people even believe that the airplanes on 911 were laser generated images! Do you have any alternative beliefs on that event?

Cats fix their eyes on lots of places. You are probably discounting all the other places on which your cat fixes her eyes. I think you want to believe the 'supernatural' instead of being logical first.
The reason I suggest that is because you've demonstrated that propensity at other times.

Please do continue to bring up more examples! It may not help but it can't hurt.

Some people even believe that the airplanes on 911 were laser generated images! Do you have any alternative beliefs on that event?

I don't know about that airplane thing, but I suppose it could just be a coincidence, but her pupils went huge and she just did it randomly and was staring and staring there for the longest time. Maybe I just have a strange cat. XD

She it has. Everything your old cat did and everywhere it went your new cat can sense and smell.

Did I mention the fact that my other kitty went missing in 2014? I don't think that her scent would still be there, but of course I could be wrong.

I don't know about that airplane thing, but I suppose it could just be a coincidence, but her pupils went huge and she just did it randomly and was staring and staring there for the longest time. Maybe I just have a strange cat. XD
I'm pleased that I've helped you to explore some other possibilities.
Did I mention the fact that my other kitty went missing in 2014? I don't think that her scent would still be there, but of course I could be wrong.
Yes, you could be wrong, and there are other possibilities that could explain your cat's behaviour.

Don't kid yourself. Cats have noses as good as bloodhounds. I've had cats as pets since 1960. I once saw a cat stop and detect the burial spot of another cat buried 3 feet under sealed in a bag in a box who had been dead there for 35 years.

I once had a cat who was dying, blind and deaf from disease, wake up and come find me in another room typing on the computer and rub my leg as if nothing was wrong then go back to bed. Only thing I can figure is she found me by scent.

Come to think of it we have a chipmunk hiding somewhere in our house right now, so maybe my cat heard it through the wall and the ceiling of where I was sitting when she started acting so strange since obviously she has better hearing than I do.

Don't kid yourself. Cats have noses as good as bloodhounds. I've had cats as pets since 1960. I once saw a cat stop and detect the burial spot of another cat buried 3 feet under sealed in a bag in a box who had been dead there for 35 years.

I once had a cat who was dying, blind and deaf from disease, wake up and come find me in another room typing on the computer and rub my leg as if nothing was wrong then go back to bed. Only thing I can figure is she found me by scent.
Agreed.

Supposedly.......for those that believe in such things...........

The ghosts of pets or beloved animals will come back to look over you, because they don't feel safe about something thats going on in your life.......or that they feel you feel you are all alone.

later, but I'm convinced that she has come back as a spirit. For I have felt a sensation of a cat rubbing up against me sometimes when my current cat
I've felt something similar. I had my brother's old hound dog living here who, any time I went into my home office, would follow me in there ,lower her head like a Billy goat, and just forcefully plow her way under my desk and curl up on my feet. It also forced me to organize the clusterfuck spiderweb of wires under the desk.

I didn't mind the intrusion. That would keep my feet warm in a home office built over an unheated and uninsulated crawl space. After all, a human average body temp is 98.6 degrees but a dog's average body temp is significantly over 100 degrees. A medium sized dog can be a really good foot warmer.

After that old dog was dead and gone, there was a few times when I felt it curling up on my feet.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back