I'm offended - The bastards renamed a school from Robert Lee to a GD snowflake because he's dead & black

Everyone knows that the confederates were traitors. It is common knowledge.

I have to disagree. They seceded from the USA. The power to stop states from seceding was not given to Federal Government, therefore it should have been a power reserved for the States. Also the people at the time decided to heal the nation instead of resorting to that type of revenge.

He wasn't tried for treason. But we all know that he could have been.

Once they seceded and renounced their citizenship, they were no longer part of the USA.

Why name schools after guys who were born rich and too laze to plant crops themselves? And the cops literally broke Lewis's head, and that didn't stop him. Seems like the change was way overdue.

I have to disagree. They seceded from the USA. The power to stop states from seceding was not given to Federal Government, therefore it should have been a power reserved for the States. Also the people at the time decided to heal the nation instead of resorting to that type of revenge.

I would say that any state does not have the ride to secede from the union as it is not in the constitution. The Constitution does not provide any way to dissolve the union. Now it can be amended. If an amendment gave the right to secede then they have a leg to stand on. As such they cannot do it, unless both sides agree to it. They can then amend the constitution to allow for it. The constitution is the supreme law of the land with the consent of the states.

The South literally shot themselves in the foot when they succeeded from the Union. This allowed Congress to abolish slavery with little opposition with the 13th amendment. Which lead to bringing them in compliance.

The argument that they are property goes against the general principles of the declaration of independence.

The interesting thing is that the original colonies broke from England and establish a country. They won the war and that allowed the US to become a country.

The South lost the war and were not allowed to become a separate country.

Yet a country that is based on slavery is problematic. If they manage to escape then why would they be returned. The issue become - are people property or are they people with free will.

It was voted on and no one said no. Petitions were sign by the general public. It is where they live so they should have the right to change it.

Lee was a good general and tactician but his only problem was the North had more soldiers which in that time period was a major factor in winning or losing.

Lee was a traitor. Hard Stop

To who?

To our country - Derp :rolleyes-41:
Lee chose the wrong side and wound up on the wrong side of history.

You dumbass, he was already devoted to Virginia and the "COUNTRY" was split in two. Your problem is he was a traitor to your fEEEEEEEEEElingSSSSSSSSSS. ILMAO PROGS think the Civil War was only about slavery. Read a book.

I've read several books on the Civil War. It was about S-L-A-V-E-R-Y
You must've read the pop up book for 5 year olds written by David Duke.

For the record, a great great great uncle of mine was a top lieutenant for General Lee.
I'd love to believe he was a great American, but he was not, and neither was Lee.

You haven't read dick. I suppose you're a better man than Lee too. Surely you can articulate why beyond your fEEEEEEEEEElingSSSSSSSSSS

It was voted on and no one said no. Petitions were sign by the general public. It is where they live so they should have the right to change it.

Lee was a good general and tactician but his only problem was the North had more soldiers which in that time period was a major factor in winning or losing.

To who?

You dumbass, he was already devoted to Virginia and the "COUNTRY" was split in two. Your problem is he was a traitor to your fEEEEEEEEEElingSSSSSSSSSS. ILMAO PROGS think the Civil War was only about slavery. Read a book.

For the record, a great great great uncle of mine was a top lieutenant for General Lee.
I'd love to believe he was a great American, but he was not, and neither was Lee.

You haven't read dick. I suppose you're a better man than Lee too. Surely you can articulate why beyond your fEEEEEEEEEElingSSSSSSSSSS

Yes, I am a patriot and a better man than Lee. Any more questions loon?
We get it that you miss your slaves - Tissue??

To who?

No, Lee would never say anything stupid for delusion of grandeur, which you just did. See in the old days people were at least more genuine. Then there's PROGS, they talk-a-lot, apply false definitions, feel they're special, and project because they're major pussies.

And you're dishonest, but comes with the territory. ILMAO @ "I've read several books about slavery". WTF wrote them, Al Sharpton?

Last edited:

To who?

No, Lee would never say anything stupid for delusion of grandeur, which you just did. See in the old days people were at least more genuine. Then there's PROGS, they talk-a-lot, apply false definitions, feel they're special, and project because they're major pussies.

And you're dishonest, but comes with the territory. ILMAO @ "I've read several books about slavery". WTF wrote them, Al Sharpton?

The only delusion in this thread is yours. Dumb OP. Equally dumb followups. John Lewis was ten times the man as Robert E Lee. He's in Hell, but Lewis would look down and find a way to forgive him.

I would say that any state does not have the ride to secede from the union as it is not in the constitution. The Constitution does not provide any way to dissolve the union. Now it can be amended. If an amendment gave the right to secede then they have a leg to stand on. As such they cannot do it, unless both sides agree to it. They can then amend the constitution to allow for it. The constitution is the supreme law of the land with the consent of the states.

The South literally shot themselves in the foot when they succeeded from the Union. This allowed Congress to abolish slavery with little opposition with the 13th amendment. Which lead to bringing them in compliance.

The argument that they are property goes against the general principles of the declaration of independence.

The interesting thing is that the original colonies broke from England and establish a country. They won the war and that allowed the US to become a country.

Yet a country that is based on slavery is problematic. If they manage to escape then why would they be returned. The issue become - are people property or are they people with free will.

I agree ethically and I would totally agree except for the 10th Amendment.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Leaving the Union was not prohibited.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Was attacking Ft. Sumpter not prohibited? :cool:

The powers of congress explicitly in the constitution

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections

The Federal Government may call out the militia in case of civil war; its authority to suppress rebellion is found in the power to suppress insurrection and to carry on war.

leaving the union can be interpreted as an insurrection. Going back to my main point that they should have fought it in Congress.

The school was named after John Lewis not because he earned it, but because he's black, he's dead, he's a PROG and he marketed racism.

To him everything is racist. Need an example? He thought and fed into the idea George Thug, I mean George Floyd was killed because he's black, instead of being killed by a bad cop.

Is anyone surprised they didn't name the school after George Floyd?

Switch from one racist to another.

Who cares.

Their school.

The powers of congress explicitly in the constitution

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections

The Federal Government may call out the militia in case of civil war; its authority to suppress rebellion is found in the power to suppress insurrection and to carry on war.

leaving the union can be interpreted as an insurrection. Going back to my main point that they should have fought it in Congress.

Lets just say it's debatable.

Forum List

Back