I'm now rethinking my personal boycott of the NFL

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
If the NAACP calls for a boycott, then I'm going to watch every game I can and buy more NFL gear than I normally would. Whatever the NAACP calls for I'm doing the opposite!

NAACP official: NFL should take our boycott threat seriously

Colin Kaepernick, who ignited a national civil rights discussion when he knelt during the national anthem last NFL season in protest of racial injustice, still has no team. No club has signed Kaepernick since he became a free agent in March, the new season starts in two weeks, and the NAACP is outraged.

On Wednesday, the NAACP posted an open letter to the NFL demanding a meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell to discuss Kaepernick’s status. It also held simultaneous rallies in New York City (right outside NFL headquarters) and Atlanta.

To be clear: There is not, at this time, an NAACP boycott of the NFL. But the head of the Atlanta chapter tells Yahoo Finance unequivocally that the group is serious about initiating one if it doesn’t get a Goodell meeting.

If the NAACP calls for a boycott, then I'm going to watch every game I can and buy more NFL gear than I normally would. Whatever the NAACP calls for I'm doing the opposite!

Colin Kaepernick, who ignited a national civil rights discussion when he knelt during the national anthem last NFL season in protest of racial injustice, still has no team. No club has signed Kaepernick since he became a free agent in March, the new season starts in two weeks, and the NAACP is outraged.

On Wednesday, the NAACP posted an open letter to the NFL demanding a meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell to discuss Kaepernick’s status. It also held simultaneous rallies in New York City (right outside NFL headquarters) and Atlanta.

To be clear: There is not, at this time, an NAACP boycott of the NFL. But the head of the Atlanta chapter tells Yahoo Finance unequivocally that the group is serious about initiating one if it doesn’t get a Goodell meeting.

With over 80% black players.....now the NFL is racist.

• Banned

With over 80% black players.....now the NFL is racist.

So what if the black players don't go along with it if they call for a boycott?

Someone suggested the players stay in the locker room until the national anthem is honored by the fans, and cotton candy purveyors.

probably OFF TOPIC EH . Anyway Man , glad i'm not a sportsfan , last game i saw was in about 1962 - 63 on a Thanksgiving , i do remember that Green Bay was one of the teams . I did play unorganized football and organized baseball organized by a hardcore Grandpa baseball fan that improved the field next to his house with a backstop and a pitchers mound and i think that we had some kinda real bases . No sports fan at all though , i take the Founders advice that games with balls are foolishness and people are better off going to the range to improve their shooting skills . ---------------- WAY OFF TOPIC , no offense to Sport fans intended !!

The national anthem use to unite everyone for a few short minutes. In this day and age of division we can't even have that.

If they choose to kneel that's on them, just don't whine when people find it distasteful.

Life is full of choices, you make them and deal with what happens

Someone suggested the players stay in the locker room until the national anthem is honored by the fans, and cotton candy purveyors.

Fans Wearing Kneepads

The sissyboy jocks all got out of fighting in Vietnam. The equally phony "Greatest Generation" made no objection to sacrificing their sons to die taking the place of these juiced-up apes.

probably OFF TOPIC EH . Anyway Man , glad i'm not a sportsfan , last game i saw was in about 1962 - 63 on a Thanksgiving , i do remember that Green Bay was one of the teams . I did play unorganized football and organized baseball organized by a hardcore Grandpa baseball fan that improved the field next to his house with a backstop and a pitchers mound and i think that we had some kinda real bases . No sports fan at all though , i take the Founders advice that games with balls are foolishness and people are better off going to the range to improve their shooting skills . ---------------- WAY OFF TOPIC , no offense to Sport fans intended !!
Bluebloods and Bluechips

Athletic "scholarships" are an insult to intelligence. The contradictions our unacknowledged aristocracy makes us believe about college education have been toxic to the economy.

The national anthem used to unite everyone for a few short minutes. In this day and age of division we can't even have that.
Selfishness Is Self-Destructive

We can easily do that if we organize collective action to take the upper class down. But the self-appointed elite preaches individualism in order to pick us off one by one.

fuck that lying racist bag of shit.

cut all funding to the naacp, shut it down, it's nothing but a racist group itself.

and someone get these assholes a history book that explains the Anthem too these ignorant fucks.

I'm not entirely convinced Colin Kaepernick is Black. Maybe he just has super curly Italian hair. I think he is pulling a Rachel Dolezal. Is the NAACP being duped again?

His biological mother is white, so he has only half-white privilege.

Forum List

Back