Zone1 I'm Not Sure If I Asked This Before, but How Can You Claim To Be A Christian and Be A Homophobe At The Same Time?

I seem to recall a parable about a log.

Which would be? Wait, does it have anything to do with speckled frogs?

Did what?

I get what the OP was trying to say. The command isn't saying don't ever judge. The command is saying to judge fairly and to separate the judgment of the person from the judgment of the transgression.

I take exception with the OP using the word hate. That word gets over used and tossed around without really being accurate. I seriously doubt the OP truly hates homosexuality. He may not agree with it but I doubt he experiences hate when he thinks about it.

First of all it's she not he,.. second of all, I do suppose you're right. It's more disagree than hate.

First of all it's she not he,.. second of all, I do suppose you're right. It's more disagree than hate.
My bad, ma'am. No disrespect intended.

I figured you'd agree with that once you thought of it that way. It's a common mistake we humans make. I've probably only experienced hate a handful of times in my life. And not once was it because of what someone else believed. It was almost always because of what they did to me.

My bad, ma'am. No disrespect intended.

I figured you'd agree with that once you thought of it that way. It's a common mistake we humans make. I've probably only experienced hate a handful of times in my life. And not once was it because of what someone else believed. It was almost always because of what they did to me.

I think part of the confusion is how the Bible is worded. Even the Bible says that we are supposed to love the Lord and "hate" our parents, but if hate truly had the same definition as we know it today then it would be contradicting to honor our parents. I think It just meant that we should love God more than our parent.

I think It just meant that we should love God more than our parent.
Correct. In the Hebrew it often means a lesser place. God first, then loved ones. As a kid, this worried me. I made a list of those I loved, and God was number 20. Took all of my childhood before God made it to the top. I do not think He held it against me. He is patient.

Correct. In the Hebrew it often means a lesser place. God first, then loved ones. As a kid, this worried me. I made a list of those I loved, and God was number 20. Took all of my childhood before God made it to the top. I do not think He held it against me. He is patient.

Yeah,.. I'd be lying if I said that God was always number one, but I would also be lying if I told you that that didn't bother me. Sometimes I don't think I'm saved because of this,.. but if I wasn't saved, I don't think it would bother me and I wouldn't repent afterwards whenever I don't put Him first.

Yeah,.. I'd be lying if I said that God was always number one, but I would also be lying if I told you that that didn't bother me. Sometimes I don't think I'm saved because of this,.. but if I wasn't saved, I don't think it would bother me and I wouldn't repent afterwards whenever I don't put Him first.
When the babies were born, they were definitely first. But here is a thought--those babies never once wanted me to d anything that went against the will of God. The will of God most likely made me a better parent, because being a good parent--I am betting--was the will of God for me. I very much doubt that putting prayer before a diaper change was what God had in mind when He counseled making Him our first priority.

When the babies were born, they were definitely first. But here is a thought--those babies never once wanted me to d anything that went against the will of God. The will of God most likely made me a better parent, because being a good parent--I am betting--was the will of God for me. I very much doubt that putting prayer before a diaper change was what God had in mind when He counseled making Him our first priority.

True,.. but if and whenever I have children I'm certainly going to pray to keep my sense of smell. Anyways, let's try to keep on topic. I just created a new topic about this below.

Which would be? Wait, does it have anything to do with speckled frogs?

Did what?

Right here.

Sorry about yesterday.

I had dyslexic fingers, like some days i can't type.

Put me together with someone who can't read most days, and watch hysteria happen.

People like me are doing what? Telling you how to live? That is insane! Ane [sic] what the fuck do you mean by "people like me" YOU DO NOT KNOW ME

You certainly have no problem at all with the sickest, most depraved of sexual perverts, being allowed to tell other people's children how they should live. And you get very upset when the parents of these children express the wish that your kind should just keep their filthy hands and their filthy perversions away from these children.

You certainly have no problem at all with the sickest, most depraved of sexual perverts, being allowed to tell other people's children how they should live. And you get very upset when the parents of these children express the wish that your kind should just keep their filthy hands and their filthy perversions away from these children.

Are you a Karen?

You certainly sound like one.

Don't have a cow, Bobby Boy

Exactly! Also what Christians SHOULD be doing is spreading the good news to them instead of just hating on them. However, you can only sow the seeds and I find there's absolutely no point in talking to people who don't care about starting a relationship with Christ or making an effort to change their lifestyle as homosexuality only becomes a sin if acted upon. Saved gays are still saved, but they need to practice restraint if becoming straight is not an option.
You're only preaching HALF the Gospel if you focus only on G-d's love and forgiveness. Our sin and G-d's Holy, Just, and Righteous nature MUST be addressed as well, if not more importantly. Jesus Himself spoke of wrath and judgement more than love.

You're only preaching HALF the Gospel if you focus only on G-d's love and forgiveness. Our sin and G-d's Holy, Just, and Righteous nature MUST be addressed as well, if not more importantly. Jesus Himself spoke of wrath and judgement more than love.

Yeah, but that's irrelevant to the point I was making.

Forum List

Back