Zone1 I'm Not Sure If I Asked This Before, but How Can You Claim To Be A Christian and Be A Homophobe At The Same Time?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
Easter Island (USA)
Since I'm going to put this right out here right now,.. I am NOT a homophobic,.. I don't believe that somebody can hate gays and say they love Jesus Christ and claim to follow Him at the same time. Hating gays is not we are called to do folks. Jesus told us that we are supposed to love our neighbor. Not only if that neighbor is straight or has the same beliefs that we do, just to love our neighbor PERIOD. What we are supposed to do is love our neighbor and hate their sin.

So, I hate homosexuality, but I don't hate homosexuals. Now, here's another problem that comes up. People often get this confused with promoting homosexuality and this isn't okay either. Accepting people for who they are is not the same thing is doing what Disney is currently doing for example and putting LGBT stuff into all of their movies and our faces and children's faces and Walt is probably rolling in his grave right now because of it. So what I'm basically saying is we can cross the line with this both ways. We need to be in the middle where we're not hating gays, but we're not celebrating gay pride either. Hopefully that all makes sense. :)

Because the bible clearly states that homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord.

Read the bible.

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense."

Since I'm going to put this right out here right now,.. I am NOT a homophobic,.. I don't believe that somebody can hate gays and say they love Jesus Christ and claim to follow Him at the same time. Hating gays is not we are called to do folks. Jesus told us that we are supposed to love our neighbor. Not only if that neighbor is straight or has the same beliefs that we do, just to love our neighbor PERIOD. What we are supposed to do is love our neighbor and hate their sin.

So, I hate homosexuality, but I don't hate homosexuals. Now, here's another problem that comes up. People often get this confused with promoting homosexuality and this isn't okay either. Accepting people for who they are is not the same thing is doing what Disney is currently doing for example and putting LGBT stuff into all of their movies and our faces and children's faces and Walt is probably rolling in his grave right now because of it. So what I'm basically saying is we can cross the line with this both ways. We need to be in the middle where we're not hating gays, but we're not celebrating gay pride either. Hopefully that all makes sense. :)
My opinion is that if you are a "real" or "true" Christian, you are not homophobic. However, you would feel that it is not God honoring and therefore, feel that it is sinful. I would think it might make you sad as a Christian, if you think it's something that makes God unhappy. A Christian would have God as top priority in their life. However, the 2nd priority of a Christian is to love others, so, hate of any person is also an affront to God. Scripture says there are 2 great commandments: (1) Love God and (2) Love others

My opinion is that if you are a "real" or "true" Christian, you are not homophobic. However, you would feel that it is not God honoring and therefore, feel that it is sinful. I would think it might make you sad as a Christian, if you think it's something that makes God unhappy. A Christian would have God as top priority in their life. However, the 2nd priority of a Christian is to love others, so, hate of any person is also an affront to God. Scripture says there are 2 great commandments: (1) Love God and (2) Love others

Exactly! Also what Christians SHOULD be doing is spreading the good news to them instead of just hating on them. However, you can only sow the seeds and I find there's absolutely no point in talking to people who don't care about starting a relationship with Christ or making an effort to change their lifestyle as homosexuality only becomes a sin if acted upon. Saved gays are still saved, but they need to practice restraint if becoming straight is not an option.

Last edited:
Yes, I did. And I used a direct bible quote to answer your question.

No you didn't because you weren't quoting the Bible. Nowhere in there does it say we're supposed to hate gay people,.. just hate homosexuality. When Jesus told us to love our neighbor He wasn't stuttering.

The funny thing about Jesus is he wasn't a fence sitter. In other words, Jesus held certain highly controversial and opinionated positions in direct defiance of both the theocratic and imperial government of his time and geographical location. Jesus was not middle of the road on any subject. Which is funny because so many of my fellow Christians these days are most certainly wishy-washy fence sitters who try to straddle the non existent middle ground of many, many issues; they try to rob Peter to pay Paul so they never have to disagree with or dislike anyone or anything. I do not believe wishy-washy is a quality Jesus would have appreciated much, especially in the face of blatant evil.

The funny thing about Jesus is he wasn't a fence sitter. In other words, Jesus held certain highly controversial and opinionated positions in direct defiance of both the theocratic and imperial government of his time and geographical location. Jesus was not middle of the road on any subject. Which is funny because so many of my fellow Christians these days are most certainly wishy-washy fence sitters who try to straddle the non existent middle ground of many, many issues; they try to rob Peter to pay Paul so they never have to disagree with or dislike anyone or anything. I do not believe wishy-washy is a quality Jesus would have appreciated much, especially in the face of blatant evil.

None of that is relevant to my point. This discussion has nothing to do with whether or not homosexuality is a sin, because it is,.. but so is hate against our brothers and sisters.

Because the bible clearly states that homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord.

Read the bible.

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense."
Doesn’t the Bible also say that you must remove an eye if you lust over a woman? How many eyes do you have? Just curious

Read the bible.

A few chapters after that it mentions owning slaves and mentions having slaves for life, which to me sounds just like the Black slavery that happened in the south.

The same bible also says people can't eat fat Lev 3:17, can't eat pork Lev 11:7-8, can't eat shrimp or anything lacking fins or scales Deuteronomy 14:9-10, planting two different crops side by side Lev 19:19, wearing clothes made of mixed fabrics lev 19:19, cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping the edges of your beard Lev 19:27, tattoos Lev 19:28, can't work on the sabbath Exodus 35:2

Also mentions beating slaves.

Exodus 21:20–21 says, “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

No you didn't because you weren't quoting the Bible. Nowhere in there does it say we're supposed to hate gay people,.. just hate homosexuality. When Jesus told us to love our neighbor He wasn't stuttering.

I quoted to you that God said gays should be put to death. I do not have to love those who are condemned to death in Gods eyes because of a mortal sin such as homosexuality.

A few chapters after that it mentions owning slaves and mentions having slaves for life, which to me sounds just like the Black slavery that happened in the south.

The same bible also says people can't eat fat Lev 3:17, can't eat pork Lev 11:7-8, can't eat shrimp or anything lacking fins or scales Deuteronomy 14:9-10, planting two different crops side by side Lev 19:19, wearing clothes made of mixed fabrics lev 19:19, cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping the edges of your beard Lev 19:27, tattoos Lev 19:28, can't work on the sabbath Exodus 35:2

Also mentions beating slaves.

Exodus 21:20–21 says, “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

Again, please keep on topic as this isn't about slaves.

I have compassion for those afflicted with gender dysphoria. They need help to get them straight.

Yet, Jesus would not advocate hatred of any person. If Jesus would hang out, eat etc. with sinners, I believe he would want us to do the same. That did not mean he CONDONED the actions of those sinners. There IS a difference

I quoted to you that God said gays should be put to death. I do not have to love those who are condemned to death in Gods eyes because of a mortal sin such as homosexuality.

Wrong on both of those things as because of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross gays can be saved just as much as straight people can and it is totally wrong for you to believe that we aren't supposed to love them as our neighbors. Everything you are saying goes against scripture.

I have compassion for those afflicted with gender dysphoria. They need help.

I'm not arguing with you there.

Yet, Jesus would not advocate hatred of any person. If Jesus would hang out, eat etc. with sinners, I believe he would want us to do the same. That did not mean he CONDONED the actions of those sinners. There IS a difference

Amen to that!! :thankusmile:

New Topics

Forum List

Back