Zone1 I'm not religious, but .......

So, here is how it normally goes with most people. I believe in God but I don't like the way Church X works. It's boring. The sermons are too conservative for me or too liberal for me. The music isn't to my liking. And so on...So, they go from Church to Church until they find one that fits them. They never consider what the doctrine is and are the ordinances performed with authority. You can ignore this but this is what happens and it's not the way to find the truth of Jesus Christ.
Are you unaware that the two of us are on two very different trains of thought? What I say goes right past you and you trot out some unrelated response. I am not talking about "most" people. I am not talking about people who find church boring, or don't like the homily or the music. I am talking about people who want something more, people who seek to draw closer to God.

St. Teresa of Avila (whom you recently summarily dismissed as part of an apostasy) noted that church and church staff do a great job with what they are doing, but have their hands full and can only take the congregation so far on their spiritual journey. The church can take even the most faithful only so far--and most faithful (unless they are in a religious order) only have so much time to devote to their spiritual journey.

There are people who want the next step. For some, that means a step back so they can understand why where they are now simply floats past them. For some, it means more discipline. For others it means a new direction in Bible/religious studies. The goal is the same for all--moving onward and drawing closer to God.

You seem to be talking about people who haven't even mastered "ordinances". Many of us are beyond that, and that is what I mean about being on two different trains of thought. We are not communicating.

For others it means a new direction in Bible/religious studies.

howabout verifying what's in the desert bibles and what is missing -

there never existed tablets etched in heaven inscribed with 10 commandments ... the 1st century liberation theology, self determination those people died for from the journeys origin chosen by a&e of their own volition. to be misconstrued into a religion of servitude and a false messiah the 4th century c bible -

Are you unaware that the two of us are on two very different trains of thought? What I say goes right past you and you trot out some unrelated response. I am not talking about "most" people. I am not talking about people who find church boring, or don't like the homily or the music. I am talking about people who want something more, people who seek to draw closer to God.

St. Teresa of Avila (whom you recently summarily dismissed as part of an apostasy) noted that church and church staff do a great job with what they are doing, but have their hands full and can only take the congregation so far on their spiritual journey. The church can take even the most faithful only so far--and most faithful (unless they are in a religious order) only have so much time to devote to their spiritual journey.

There are people who want the next step. For some, that means a step back so they can understand why where they are now simply floats past them. For some, it means more discipline. For others it means a new direction in Bible/religious studies. The goal is the same for all--moving onward and drawing closer to God.

You seem to be talking about people who haven't even mastered "ordinances". Many of us are beyond that, and that is what I mean about being on two different trains of thought. We are not communicating.
And, is that my fault? Only my fault? It's interesting your post actually is right up the alley I'm talking about. You are correct and so is St. Teresa that not only is the Catholic Church capable of taking people so far in their journey, but so are the other 40,000 denominations. The "Keys" of the Priesthood (power and authority of God given to man to do his work on earth) were taken from the earth some 1900 years ago in the old world and about 1600 years ago in the Americas. The "Apostasy" I speak of is this that churches, although they teach Christ, have limited authority and power without those Keys of the Priesthood. And, it shows. St. Teresa recognizes it. So, what are the Keys that make all the difference in the world? The Keys that Elijah had which were capable of binding and sealing that which is done on earth, is also bound and sealed in heaven. 2000 years ago, Jesus brought the New Covenant. Today, Through the Prophet Joseph Smith, Elijah returned at the Kirtland Temple and restored the sealing Keys of Marriage and Families. To bind in heaven all ordinances performed on earth. You want the next level, there you have it.

Today, Through the Prophet Joseph Smith, Elijah returned at the Kirtland Temple and restored the sealing Keys of Marriage and Families. To bind in heaven all ordinances performed on earth. You want the next level, there you have it.
Jesus taught that in the afterlife there would be no marriage, that we would be like the angels in that regard. Happy hunting chasing after Joseph Smith's additions to Christ's words. I consider it a futile exercise, but as I noted in an earlier post, I was told such teachings were not for me.

Jesus taught that in the afterlife there would be no marriage, that we would be like the angels in that regard. Happy hunting chasing after Joseph Smith's additions to Christ's words. I consider it a futile exercise, but as I noted in an earlier post, I was told such teachings were not for me.
No he did not. He taught that there would be no marriage "given" in heaven. In other words, the ordinance of marriage has to be performed or given on earth. Words matter.

I liked this message...............thought I would post it for you guys.

View attachment 676669
My favorite passage when confronted with the troubles that are common to all men in this struggle called life and reality, "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful and will not let you be tempted beyound your ability, but with the temptation He will also provide the way of escape, that you might be able to endure it." -- 1 Cor. 10:13
My greatest temptation being ex military...........anger and confrontation, the temptation to look something straight in eye and confront it with violence when required. I then attempt to concentrate on this passage as well as another passage concerning the turning of the cheek..........my problem when dealing with the liberal mentality? I only have 2 cheeks not 2 faces.

No he did not. He taught that there would be no marriage "given" in heaven. In other words, the ordinance of marriage has to be performed or given on earth. Words matter.
Indeed "words matter". "For in the ressurection they neither marry or are given in marriage..........BUT ARE LIKE ANGELS OF GOD IN HEAVEN." -- Matthew 22:30

The reason given for marriage is for safe sex and natural pro-creation of the physical life (Genesis 1:27-28)........Angels are Spirit Beings with no requirement for a marriage covenant for AS ANGELS OF GOD all Christians are BRIDES OF CHRIST........just as Biblical Israel was husbanded by God (Jer. 31:31-34), Christians are husbanded by Christ Jesus.

Would it not be Spiritual Adultery to have a marriage to anyone but the Christ/God in heaven?

We are made in the imagine of God (Gen. 1:27).......God is a Spirit (John 4:24) and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and Truth. Truth is located as doctrine in one place........the Word of God. (John 17:17). All scripture is inspired of God and is good for Doctrine, Teaching, Instruction, Correction.................that the man of God may be perfect (not physically perfect but perfect in instruction and doctrine)..........THROUGHLY FURNISHED UNTO ALL GOOD WORKS. (2 Tim. 3:16)

2 Cor. 11:2, "For I am jealous over you, with Godly jealousy; for I have espoused you to one husband; that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ."

Last edited:
Adding to scripture is not a good idea.

Jesus was clear--no marriage. The words are clear--neither marry nor are given in marriage. Note Jesus had been asked about a woman who had married seven brothers. In heaven, he said, the woman would not be married to any of them because upon death we are like the angels neither married nor given in marriage.

Look, if the LDS faith wants to rearrange Jesus' words and response to a question that was asked of him, have at it. Your reinterpretation is one of a number of reasons I do not follow nor agree with LDS teaching. However, you have many followers and you do not need me. I am simply stating why I pretty much ignore LDS teachings.

Adding to scripture is not a good idea.

Jesus was clear--no marriage. The words are clear--neither marry nor are given in marriage. Note Jesus had been asked about a woman who had married seven brothers. In heaven, he said, the woman would not be married to any of them because upon death we are like the angels neither married nor given in marriage.

Look, if the LDS faith wants to rearrange Jesus' words and response to a question that was asked of him, have at it. Your reinterpretation is one of a number of reasons I do not follow nor agree with LDS teaching. However, you have many followers and you do not need me. I am simply stating why I pretty much ignore LDS teachings.
Why did you not underline the word "given?" That is the word that is important. And, you left out that marriage isn't given in heaven too. Because a woman is not given to a man in heaven. That is done on earth. He did not say that a woman would not be married to any of them. You are changing the wording and the meaning. Keep is like you first stated it. Marriage is not given in heaven. But, those things which are bound on earth shall be bound in heaven. Do you remember those words? The ceremony of marriage will not be done in heaven. But, the covenant and ordinance of marriage will be bound in heaven. We aren't rearranging the words. You are including bringing extra words to change the meaning. Way to go.

Indeed "words matter". "For in the ressurection they neither marry or are given in marriage..........BUT ARE LIKE ANGELS OF GOD IN HEAVEN." -- Matthew 22:30

The reason given for marriage is for safe sex and natural pro-creation of the physical life (Genesis 1:27-28)........Angels are Spirit Beings with no requirement for a marriage covenant for AS ANGELS OF GOD all Christians are BRIDES OF CHRIST........just as Biblical Israel was husbanded by God (Jer. 31:31-34), Christians are husbanded by Christ Jesus.

Would it not be Spiritual Adultery to have a marriage to anyone but the Christ/God in heaven?

We are made in the imagine of God (Gen. 1:27).......God is a Spirit (John 4:24) and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and Truth. Truth is located as doctrine in one place........the Word of God. (John 17:17). All scripture is inspired of God and is good for Doctrine, Teaching, Instruction, Correction.................that the man of God may be perfect (not physically perfect but perfect in instruction and doctrine)..........THROUGHLY FURNISHED UNTO ALL GOOD WORKS. (2 Tim. 3:16)

2 Cor. 11:2, "For I am jealous over you, with Godly jealousy; for I have espoused you to one husband; that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ."
Some of what you say has merit. But, then you convolute things as Christians always do. First we are resurrected which means body and spirit together in a physical perfected body Celestial, Terrestrial or Telestial as as stated in First Corinthians chapter 15. Therefore, how can we be spirit beings at the same time? Oops! Then, both men and women are married to Christ who is resurrected as well? Eewww! Homosexuals?
We are not made in a spirit only image of God. We have physical earthly bodies. At least, I do. Maybe you don't? Our Father in Heaven certainly then does have a physical body too. Jehovah, the Son, picked up his body when born to Mary, Mother of Jesus. Now, the Holy Ghost is still spirit body only. And, thus can be in all things necessary even at the same time. Amazing!
Never the less, in the resurrection, "given in marriage" is an act or ordinance. Therefore, Marriage can only be given on earth before the resurrection. After the resurrection, too late! If the woman married to 7 men was not sealed or bind to any of them, then at most, they could only be angels in the resurrection and have physical glorified bodies.

Some of what you say has merit. But, then you convolute things as Christians always do. First we are resurrected which means body and spirit together in a physical perfected body Celestial, Terrestrial or Telestial as as stated in First Corinthians chapter 15. Therefore, how can we be spirit beings at the same time? Oops! Then, both men and women are married to Christ who is resurrected as well? Eewww! Homosexuals?
We are not made in a spirit only image of God. We have physical earthly bodies. At least, I do. Maybe you don't? Our Father in Heaven certainly then does have a physical body too. Jehovah, the Son, picked up his body when born to Mary, Mother of Jesus. Now, the Holy Ghost is still spirit body only. And, thus can be in all things necessary even at the same time. Amazing!
Never the less, in the resurrection, "given in marriage" is an act or ordinance. Therefore, Marriage can only be given on earth before the resurrection. After the resurrection, too late! If the woman married to 7 men was not sealed or bind to any of them, then at most, they could only be angels in the resurrection and have physical glorified bodies.
Talk about not having "merit".......your lack of logic and reasoning comprehension skills is amusing. How can we be a spirit being as well as "physical".........its called a Spirit and explained in great detail by God in the Holy Scriptures. We are made in the image of God as stated in Genesis 1:26. What? The God of Creation lied when He declared, "Let us make man in OUR IMAGE"? God is a SPIRIT (John 4:24). These passages alone contradict your comprehension of human existence and the marriage covenant.

How then can physical man be created in the IMAGE OF GOD? As stated by you there is a difference in the Terrestrial and Celestial, even if you have misapplied this metaphysical terminology.....there is no logic to even suggest that man cannot exist both Celestially and Terrestrially at the same instant......as the earth when observed from a different location becomes Terrestrial when observed from the HEAVENS. Logically...........man is made in the Spirital Image of God because God breathed a living terrestrial soul/spirt into the lump of celestial dirt called a man. (Genesis 2:7), God gave man a Spiritual engine to drive that lump of dirt (annimate....become a living soul).

What is death? The scriptures explain death is a state of existence where the Spirit leaves the human body. The word DEATH literally means "Separation". What happens when a human dies? Also explained in scripture, "For the body without the SPIRIT is also dead so faith without works is also dead........" -- James 2:26, the inspired writer tells us that death occurs when the spirit leaves the body. In order to leave the body, the spirit must exist within the body. Simply because there is no celestial method of measuring the terrestrial spirit does not indicate that it never existed, as the lump of dirt was annimated while the spirit resideded within the body.

When read and comprehended with the passages that prove that marriage was intended as a covenant (lifetime covenant) between a man and woman in order to have sex (safely) ..i.e., become ONE FLESH in order to procreate and subdue this physical earth together (Genesis 1:28) as explained by the Christ (Matt.19:5-6)..........we know what Jesus meant when He said at the resurrection there will none taken in marriage nor none given in marriage but all will be resurrected as Angels to God. (Matt. 22:30)

Angels have no need to have sex in order to procreate........they are Spirit Beings created with eternity intended (save judgment from God), only God can destroy what belongs to him.........the Spirit.

Why will there be none given or taken in marriage in heaven? Also explained, because we as a Christian body are husbanded by Christ Jesus. We are already married by faith in Christ Jesus.........to reside eternally as servants of the Living God.

Last edited:
Talk about not having "merit".......your lack of logic and reasoning comprehension skills is amusing. How can we be a spirit being as well as "physical".........its called a Spirit and explained in great detail by God in the Holy Scriptures. We are made in the image of God as stated in Genesis 1:26. What? The God of Creation lied when He declared, "Let us make man in OUR IMAGE"? God is a SPIRIT (John 4:24). These passages alone contradict your comprehension of human existence and the marriage covenant.

How then can physical man be created in the IMAGE OF GOD? As stated by you there is a difference in the Terrestrial and Celestial, even if you have misapplied this metaphysical terminology.....there is no logic to even suggest that man cannot exist both Celestially and Terrestrially at the same instant......as the earth when observed from a different location becomes Terrestrial when observed from the HEAVENS. Logically...........man is made in the Spirital Image of God because God breathed a living terrestrial soul/spirt into the lump of celestial dirt called a man. (Genesis 2:7), God gave man a Spiritual engine to drive that lump of dirt (annimate....become a living soul).

What is death? The scriptures explain death is a state of existence where the Spirit leaves the human body. The word DEATH literally means "Separation". What happens when a human dies? Also explained in scripture, "For the body without the SPIRIT is also dead so faith without works is also dead........" -- James 2:26, the inspired writer tells us that death occurs when the spirit leaves the body. In order to leave the body, the spirit must exist within the body. Simply because there is no celestial method of measuring the terrestrial spirit does not indicate that it never existed, as the lump of dirt was annimated while the spirit resideded within the body.

When read and comprehended with the passages that prove that marriage was intended as a covenant (lifetime covenant) between a man and woman in order to have sex (safely) ..i.e., become ONE FLESH in order to procreate and subdue this physical earth together (Genesis 1:28) as explained by the Christ (Matt.19:5-6)..........we know what Jesus meant when He said at the resurrection there will none taken in marriage nor none given in marriage but all will be resurrected as Angels to God. (Matt. 22:30)

Angels have no need to have sex in order to procreate........they are Spirit Beings created with eternity intended (save judgment from God), only God can destroy what belongs to him.........the Spirit.

Why will there be none given or taken in marriage in heaven? Also explained, because we as a Christian body are husbanded by Christ Jesus. We are already married by faith in Christ Jesus.........to reside eternally as servants of the Living God.
Is Jesus Christ God? If not, then we don't have much to discuss. For me, he is one of the three members of the Godhead, Father, Son and Holy Ghost. When Genesis was written, the Son, Jehovah, was not a personage with a physical body. He had a body of spirit but since we look like Him and the Father, there is no reason to believe the Father and Son's spirit bodies don't look just like we do. The material of spirit is different than of earthly materials. But, being a finer material, Jehovah came to the earth and entered inside the physical body prepared by Mary and the Father. Together, Jesus Christ became a living soul. We also follow the same pattern in becoming a living soul. Thus, we are made in the very same image of Jesus Christ. We most likely differ with what our Father in Heaven's personage is. But, Jesus said that if ye see Him, ye see the Father also in him. So, we believe that our Father in Heaven is also a resurrected personage. And, the more correct interpretation of John 4:24 is that God is spiritual as once he came to the earth, he's was obviously empirically physical not a spirit only. Duh... I don't see how you could disagree with any of this because you admit that the spirit leaves the body at death and thus it must have entered or descended from Heaven before birth at the point of life. What is death? Empirically, it's when the heart stops beating and the brainwaves cease to exist. We know that a fetus heart beat and brainwaves begin somewhere between 6 to 10 weeks after conception. Therefore, the breath of life is not after birth, but when the spirit enters into the fetus.

So, getting back to the marriage thing you keep adding words and changing others. So, here it is again, "30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven." What does it mean that "For in the resurrection?" That doesn't mean "at" the resurrection or "before" the resurrection. It means, once resurrected, they cannot marry. Too late! Marriage as is all other ordinances and covenants are done here on earth. This is after the judgment day as well. Now, this answer is directed specifically to the woman and 7 men. Not you or me in normal circumstances. I'm going out on a limb here but my belief is that 6 of the brothers will be angels but one will be bound to the woman. It will be of her choice as well. Polygamy is not for a woman. Also, there is no reason that any of the 6 men could be sealed to other women before the resurrection. So, if the men were judged to be at least angels of good character, then perhaps 6 other women may claim the 6 men for themselves and enter into the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom. You Christians simply don't have the fulness of the Gospel. It's limited. As Jesus said, the laws of God could not be contained in all the books of the earth. There is more to the Gospel than you have. So, have not pity on the 7 men and one woman. They will receive their just reward in Heaven. The people of the time were simply not ready for all the laws, ordinances, commandments and doctrines. We are more ready and there is a New and Everlasting Covenant of Marriage now given to man from God.

Is Jesus Christ God? If not, then we don't have much to discuss. For me, he is one of the three members of the Godhead, Father, Son and Holy Ghost. When Genesis was written, the Son, Jehovah, was not a personage with a physical body. He had a body of spirit but since we look like Him and the Father, there is no reason to believe the Father and Son's spirit bodies don't look just like we do. The material of spirit is different than of earthly materials. But, being a finer material, Jehovah came to the earth and entered inside the physical body prepared by Mary and the Father. Together, Jesus Christ became a living soul. We also follow the same pattern in becoming a living soul. Thus, we are made in the very same image of Jesus Christ. We most likely differ with what our Father in Heaven's personage is. But, Jesus said that if ye see Him, ye see the Father also in him. So, we believe that our Father in Heaven is also a resurrected personage. And, the more correct interpretation of John 4:24 is that God is spiritual as once he came to the earth, he's was obviously empirically physical not a spirit only. Duh... I don't see how you could disagree with any of this because you admit that the spirit leaves the body at death and thus it must have entered or descended from Heaven before birth at the point of life. What is death? Empirically, it's when the heart stops beating and the brainwaves cease to exist. We know that a fetus heart beat and brainwaves begin somewhere between 6 to 10 weeks after conception. Therefore, the breath of life is not after birth, but when the spirit enters into the fetus.

So, getting back to the marriage thing you keep adding words and changing others. So, here it is again, "30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven." What does it mean that "For in the resurrection?" That doesn't mean "at" the resurrection or "before" the resurrection. It means, once resurrected, they cannot marry. Too late! Marriage as is all other ordinances and covenants are done here on earth. This is after the judgment day as well. Now, this answer is directed specifically to the woman and 7 men. Not you or me in normal circumstances. I'm going out on a limb here but my belief is that 6 of the brothers will be angels but one will be bound to the woman. It will be of her choice as well. Polygamy is not for a woman. Also, there is no reason that any of the 6 men could be sealed to other women before the resurrection. So, if the men were judged to be at least angels of good character, then perhaps 6 other women may claim the 6 men for themselves and enter into the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom. You Christians simply don't have the fulness of the Gospel. It's limited. As Jesus said, the laws of God could not be contained in all the books of the earth. There is more to the Gospel than you have. So, have not pity on the 7 men and one woman. They will receive their just reward in Heaven. The people of the time were simply not ready for all the laws, ordinances, commandments and doctrines. We are more ready and there is a New and Everlasting Covenant of Marriage now given to man from God.
There is nothing to discuss, clearly you do not accept the Word of God as TRUTH..........I did not present anything, I simply demonstrated to you the actual content, context, and subject matter by book, chapter and verse that contradicts your personal opinion.

What part of the Holy Scriptures do you fail to comprehend? Your opinion that Jesus was not God....inspite of the content of John chapter 1.....because He took on a physical form as a man is explained by the Holy Spirit inspired writers of the Holy Bible....and this somehow prevented His spirit from having the innate abilities of His Father....God? When Moses requested His (God's) name in order to tell the people who sent him with the LAW........God replied "......I AM WHO I AM......" -- Ex. 3:14

Jesus comprehended that He was God incarnate (in the form of a physical man).....when He stated, Before Abraham was......I AM (John 8:58-59). The Jews comprehended that He was claming to be the Son of God and in essence God Himself, but YOU CANNOT?

Jesus also comprehended His abilities as the Son of God when He was arrested by the betrayal of Judas, Peter took up the sword and cut the hear from one of the slaves of the high priest and Jesus stated, "Put your sword back into its place: for all those who take up the sword shall die by the sword. Do you not think that I could appeal to My Father, and He will put at My dispsal more than 12 legions of angels?" -- Matthew 26:51-53.

Jesus healed the ear of the high priest's servant. "......Jesus answered and said, "No more of this!", and He touched the man's ear and healed it." -- Luke 22:51 His last of the sings and wonders demonstrated by Jesus in proving that He was indeed the Christ of prophecy, the Son of God, fulfilling the Old Law in the only fashion that could legally and righteous fulfill the Old Law......by becoming the Son of Man, taking on the form of man, tempted in every fashion as all other men, yet sinning not during His entire lifetime.....which made Him as the Son of Man (Adam) and the Son of God (Christ) the perfect sacrifical lamb to fulfill all the requirements of the Old Law once for all time. (Jude 3) An event predicted by (Jer. 31:31-34)......a new covenant to take the place of the Old Covenant of Moses. The last covenant, ushering in the LAST DAYS of mankind Acts 2, as prophesied by the prophet Joel.

All scriptrue is inspired of God and good for Doctrine, Correction, Instruction.....making the man of God perfect (2 Tim. 3:16-17) in his service of God's righteouness by Study presenting himslef approved of God in Rightly Dividing the word of Truth. (2 Tim.2:15)

Again.........I do not present OPINION not backed by the Word of God, I do not profess to writing one word in the Holy Scriptures, I simply present the information by Book, Chapter and Verse in defense of your false doctrine. What? Am I to do, believe that the Holy Spirit contradicts himself because you have cherry picked a few passages away form their contextual integrity? I choose to believe the same Holy Spirit would not tell the Apostles of Christ to record one thing, and then 1800 years removed from that actual events recorded, inspire another to record a completely different Bible denying the deity of Jesus Christ with a false ANTICHRIST DOCTRINE. (1 John).

Allow the inspried Apostle to correct your error. "Have this attitude in yourself which was also in Christ Jesus, who, ALTHOUGH HE EXISTED IN THE FORM OF GOD (John 1), did not regard equality God a thing to be grasped, BUT EMPTIED HIMSELF, taking the form of a bond servant and being made in the likeness of man. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.........." -- Phil. 2:5-8

Last edited:
There is nothing to discuss, clearly you do not accept the Word of God as TRUTH..........I did not present anything, I simply demonstrated to you the actual content, context, and subject matter by book, chapter and verse that contradicts your personal opinion.

What part of the Holy Scriptures do you fail to comprehend? Your opinion that Jesus was not God....inspite of the content of John chapter 1.....because He took on a physical form as a man is explained by the Holy Spirit inspired writers of the Holy Bible....and this somehow prevented His spirit from having the innate abilities of His Father....God? When Moses requested His (God's) name in order to tell the people who sent him with the LAW........God replied "......I AM WHO I AM......" -- Ex. 3:14

Jesus comprehended that He was God incarnate (in the form of a physical man).....when He stated, Before Abraham was......I AM (John 8:58-59). The Jews comprehended that He was claming to be the Son of God and in essence God Himself, but YOU CANNOT?

Jesus also comprehended His abilities as the Son of God when He was arrested by the betrayal of Judas, Peter took up the sword and cut the hear from one of the slaves of the high priest and Jesus stated, "Put your sword back into its place: for all those who take up the sword shall die by the sword. Do you not think that I could appeal to My Father, and He will put at My dispsal more than 12 legions of angels?" -- Matthew 26:51-53.

Jesus healed the ear of the high priest's servant. "......Jesus answered and said, "No more of this!", and He touched the man's ear and healed it." -- Luke 22:51 His last of the sings and wonders demonstrated by Jesus in proving that He was indeed the Christ of prophecy, the Son of God, fulfilling the Old Law in the only fashion that could legally and righteous fulfill the Old Law......by becoming the Son of Man, taking on the form of man, tempted in every fashion as all other men, yet sinning not during His entire lifetime.....which made Him as the Son of Man (Adam) and the Son of God (Christ) the perfect sacrifical lamb to fulfill all the requirements of the Old Law once for all time. (Jude 3) An event predicted by (Jer. 31:31-34)......a new covenant to take the place of the Old Covenant of Moses. The last covenant, ushering in the LAST DAYS of mankind Acts 2, as prophesied by the prophet Joel.

All scriptrue is inspired of God and good for Doctrine, Correction, Instruction.....making the man of God perfect (2 Tim. 3:16-17) in his service of God's righteouness by Study presenting himslef approved of God in Rightly Dividing the word of Truth. (2 Tim.2:15)

Again.........I do not present OPINION not backed by the Word of God, I do not profess to writing one word in the Holy Scriptures, I simply present the information by Book, Chapter and Verse in defense of your false doctrine. What? Am I to do, believe that the Holy Spirit contradicts himself because you have cherry picked a few passages away form their contextual integrity? I choose to believe the same Holy Spirit would not tell the Apostles of Christ to record one thing, and then 1800 years removed from that actual events recorded, inspire another to record a completely different Bible denying the deity of Jesus Christ with a false ANTICHRIST DOCTRINE. (1 John).

Allow the inspried Apostle to correct your error. "Have this attitude in yourself which was also in Christ Jesus, who, ALTHOUGH HE EXISTED IN THE FORM OF GOD (John 1), did not regard equality God a thing to be grasped, BUT EMPTIED HIMSELF, taking the form of a bond servant and being made in the likeness of man. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.........." -- Phil. 2:5-8
Comprehension seems to be a challenge for you. Or, you just want to argue. By saying Jesus Christ is Jehovah of the OT is exactly what I wrote, if you were able to comprehend better. That's why Jesus said he is the Great I AM that he said to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses and every other Prophet of the OT. Why are you blabbering that I said the opposite? <shaking head>
Jesus is the Son of God. Do you know what it means to be a "son" of somebody? No? Let me help you as God gave us a brain to reason with. As a son (or daughter), you are made in the image of your father. No? Yes? Jesus and the Apostles said Jesus was the "Son" of His Father. So, Jesus was made in the image of His Father, not himself. "Incarnate" is a made up word by those who haven't the ability to reason logically. So, you make up this gobbledegoop that The Father threw off His body and came down to become a new personage of Jesus Christ. But, then he also became a dove at the same time. And, then he went back to heaven, never resurrected as Jesus Christ and became the Father again. A magic trick for sure. Now you see him now you don't. "He's a human then he's a spirit then he's not a spirit then he's not Jesus then he is Jesus then and then and then." The Godhead I know to be true both spiritually and logically is The Father is a glorified resurrected man, The Son is now a glorified resurrected man who was known to Abraham as Jehovah, The Holy Ghost is a Spirit personage of finer material that has testified to me these things to be true. 3 separate personages making up one God (title) that are in one agreement. I'm so glad I have the fulness of the Gospel so I'm not believing in witchcraft and magic tricks.

You use the word "scripture" as though the Stick of Judah (The Bible) is the only book of scripture. Yet, even the Bible itself claims it is not and that in the last days, there would be at least one more book that would be given to us. It's called the Stick of Joseph (through Ephraim) is found in the Book of Ezekiel chapter 37. Also, it is that marvellous work and a wonder found in Isaiah chapter 29. Why do you Christians limit Jesus Christ's own words and deny Him to speak to us again today through Prophets? Yet, you try to say you are guided by the Holy Ghost to know. To know what if the Heavens are closed? Thankfully, the heavens are not closed anymore since 1820. Praise the Lord for speaking to Joseph Smith and speaking through prophets again...

Comprehension seems to be a challenge for you. Or, you just want to argue. By saying Jesus Christ is Jehovah of the OT is exactly what I wrote, if you were able to comprehend better. That's why Jesus said he is the Great I AM that he said to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses and every other Prophet of the OT. Why are you blabbering that I said the opposite? <shaking head>
Jesus is the Son of God. Do you know what it means to be a "son" of somebody? No? Let me help you as God gave us a brain to reason with. As a son (or daughter), you are made in the image of your father. No? Yes? Jesus and the Apostles said Jesus was the "Son" of His Father. So, Jesus was made in the image of His Father, not himself. "Incarnate" is a made up word by those who haven't the ability to reason logically. So, you make up this gobbledegoop that The Father threw off His body and came down to become a new personage of Jesus Christ. But, then he also became a dove at the same time. And, then he went back to heaven, never resurrected as Jesus Christ and became the Father again. A magic trick for sure. Now you see him now you don't. "He's a human then he's a spirit then he's not a spirit then he's not Jesus then he is Jesus then and then and then." The Godhead I know to be true both spiritually and logically is The Father is a glorified resurrected man, The Son is now a glorified resurrected man who was known to Abraham as Jehovah, The Holy Ghost is a Spirit personage of finer material that has testified to me these things to be true. 3 separate personages making up one God (title) that are in one agreement. I'm so glad I have the fulness of the Gospel so I'm not believing in witchcraft and magic tricks.

You use the word "scripture" as though the Stick of Judah (The Bible) is the only book of scripture. Yet, even the Bible itself claims it is not and that in the last days, there would be at least one more book that would be given to us. It's called the Stick of Joseph (through Ephraim) is found in the Book of Ezekiel chapter 37. Also, it is that marvellous work and a wonder found in Isaiah chapter 29. Why do you Christians limit Jesus Christ's own words and deny Him to speak to us again today through Prophets? Yet, you try to say you are guided by the Holy Ghost to know. To know what if the Heavens are closed? Thankfully, the heavens are not closed anymore since 1820. Praise the Lord for speaking to Joseph Smith and speaking through prophets again...
Simply because you presented a few passages of scripture that can't be denied as truth.........does not indicate that you have properly "divided the word of truth" through study and comprehension. The Holy Spirit who inspired ALL SCRIPTURE does not contradict Himself from one book to the next.

You claim the bible contradicts itself and mankind is not living in the last days as prophesied by the prophet Joel.....but ONE MORE BOOK is to be added, inspite of the fact that THE FAITH has been delivered ONCE by the saints of the 1st century (Jude 3).

The Bible certainly does declare that the last days of mankind, as prophesied by "JOEL" was existing in the 1st century AD, exactly on the day of pentecost after the ascension of Jesus. What part of this Greek to English translation do you fail to comprehend in modern American English? NASB

"When the day of Pentecost had come, they (the Apostles of Christ) were all together in one place." Acts 2:1 THE TIME PERIOD 1st century AD the 1st Pentecost after the death, burrial and resurrection of Christ Jesus.

The Holy Spirit fell upon the Apostles of Christ Chapter 1. Tongues that looked like fire appeared to them. Tongues translated from the Greek means.......languages. As there were people from all over the known world gathered in the crowd, all from different nations ...with different tonges (languages) Acts 1:5 the reason given for the Apostels speaking in all the different tongues, Acts 1:3-4 When the sound of their voices was heard by the crowd they were amazed/bewildered as they understood the messages being spoken by the Apostles, each in their own tongue/language, with the Apostles being Jews and unlearned in any other tongue/language Acts 1:5-12

Explained: The crowd from all different nations (list of different nationalities given in scripture) thought the Apostles were drunk.....early in the day (Acts 1:10-13)

Peter stood up among the others (Apostles) and began to speak, addressing the men of Judea and those who lived in Jerusalem, ".........KNOW THIS AND PAY ATTENTION TO MY WORDS. For these people are not drunk, as you assume, since it is only the 3rd hour of the day, BUT THIS IS WHAT WHAT HAS BEEN SPOKEN BY THE PROPHET JOEL..........

AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS, GOD SAYS, THAT I WILL POUR OUT MY SPIRIT.................."

What day? Last Days. Where and When 1st century AD, Day of Pentecost 1 century AD after the ascension of Jesus......

The Apostles of Christ and specifically Peter, who had been given the keys to the kingdom (Matthew 16) by Christ personally......preached the 1st gospel sermon and used those keys to detail how one gained access to the Kingdom of God, i.e., the church Christ built (Matthew 16.......Jesus uses My church and Kingdom synonymously, as do the Apostles throughout the N.T. books) Peter used the keys to the kingdom to usher in the final covenant between man and God......the N.T. Covenant of Grace.....the Law of Christ was ushered in with Jesus sitting on the throne of David at the right hand of God in rule. (Acts of the Apostles)

But you claim NEW INFORMATION from God would come 1800 years later based upon the history of Biblical Israel, a history and law intended expressly for the nation of Israel (Deut 4,5).....and one mistranlated passage that you attempt to mold around a false doctrine?

What do the scriptures actually declare about any future NEW REVELATIONS from God? Peter: "....For His (Jesus) divine power has granted to us EVERYTHING PERTAINING TO LIFE AND GODLINESS......"

Paul: "As we have said before, so I (Paul) say again, IF ANY MAN PREACHETH UNTO YOU ANY OTHER GOSPEL OTHER THAN WHICH YOU HAVE RECEIVED (past tense)..........LET HIM BE CURSED (anathema in Greek) -- 1 Cor. 6-9

Paul again, "That in us (the apostles) ye might learn NOT TO GO BEYOND THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN." -- 1 Cor. 4:6

What part of adding a Book of Moron 1800 years after the goseple had been received do you comprehend as not GOING BEYOND WHAT IS WRITTEN? If you use the Book of Moron you are invoking "ANATHEMA" from God as directed by the Apostle of Christ.

Then consider 2 John 9:11, "WHOSOEVER GOETH ONWARD AND ABIDETH NOT IN THE TEACHING OF JESUS CHRIST, HAS NOT GOD."

Next Jude declares, "I was constrained to write unto you exhorting you to earnestly contend for the FAITH WHICH WAS "ONCE FOR ALL" DELIVERED BY THE SAINTS." Jude 3

Speaking of Apostles of Christ. The prerequisites/requirements of being an Apostle are listed in the New Testament......with no ambiguity whatsoever. 1. An apostle has to be a direct eye witness of the Christ Jesus from John the Baptist forward until the death and resurrection..........an eyewitness of Christ's resurrection (Acts 1:21-22, 10:39-41) 2. An Apostle of Christ was gifted to demonstrate with signs and wonder to confrim the word being preached as coming directly from Jesus (Act 4:33, Heb. 2:4)

3. An Apostle had be around as a foundation in forming the New Church (Ep. 2:19-20). Even Paul, who once prosecuted the early church members was eyewitness to the works of Christ and was pesonally appointed by the Christ as an Apostle to the Gentiles. He is the only Apostle born out of season.

Question: How many modern day Apostles of Christ actually witnessed the miracles of Jesus from John the Bapitst forward, how many were directly appointed by Jesus when He came down in the form of a brilliant light, a light so bright that it blinded Paul? Who took the scales from the eyes these NEW APOSTLES?

Its obvious.........anyone claiming to be an Apostle of Christ should be capable of the signs and wonders used by the original Apostles in order to confirm this new Book of Mormon as coming from God, or the extra books used by the RCC, or the JW or the Koran. Show me these signs and wonders and confirm your false doctrine..........or not, because you cannot.

Last edited:
Simply because you presented a few passages of scripture that can't be denied as truth.........does not indicate that you have properly "divided the word of truth" through study and comprehension. The Holy Spirit who inspired ALL SCRIPTURE does not contradict Himself from one book to the next.

You claim the bible contradicts itself and mankind is not living in the last days as prophesied by the prophet Joel.....but ONE MORE BOOK is to be added, inspite of the fact that THE FAITH has been delivered ONCE by the saints of the 1st century (Jude 3).

The Bible certainly does declare that the last days of mankind, as prophesied by "JOEL" was existing in the 1st century AD, exactly on the day of pentecost after the ascension of Jesus. What part of this Greek to English translation do you fail to comprehend in modern American English? NASB

"When the day of Pentecost had come, they (the Apostles of Christ) were all together in one place." Acts 2:1 THE TIME PERIOD 1st century AD the 1st Pentecost after the death, burrial and resurrection of Christ Jesus.

The Holy Spirit fell upon the Apostles of Christ Chapter 1. Tongues that looked like fire appeared to them. Tongues translated from the Greek means.......languages. As there were people from all over the known world gathered in the crowd, all from different nations ...with different tonges (languages) Acts 1:5 the reason given for the Apostels speaking in all the different tongues, Acts 1:3-4 When the sound of their voices was heard by the crowd they were amazed/bewildered as they understood the messages being spoken by the Apostles, each in their own tongue/language, with the Apostles being Jews and unlearned in any other tongue/language Acts 1:5-12

Explained: The crowd from all different nations (list of different nationalities given in scripture) thought the Apostles were drunk.....early in the day (Acts 1:10-13)

Peter stood up among the others (Apostles) and began to speak, addressing the men of Judea and those who lived in Jerusalem, ".........KNOW THIS AND PAY ATTENTION TO MY WORDS. For these people are not drunk, as you assume, since it is only the 3rd hour of the day, BUT THIS IS WHAT WHAT HAS BEEN SPOKEN BY THE PROPHET JOEL..........

AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS, GOD SAYS, THAT I WILL POUR OUT MY SPIRIT.................."

What day? Last Days. Where and When 1st century AD, Day of Pentecost 1 century AD after the ascension of Jesus......

The Apostles of Christ and specifically Peter, who had been given the keys to the kingdom (Matthew 16) by Christ personally......preached the 1st gospel sermon and used those keys to detail how one gained access to the Kingdom of God, i.e., the church Christ built (Matthew 16.......Jesus uses My church and Kingdom synonymously, as do the Apostles throughout the N.T. books) Peter used the keys to the kingdom to usher in the final covenant between man and God......the N.T. Covenant of Grace.....the Law of Christ was ushered in with Jesus sitting on the throne of David at the right hand of God in rule. (Acts of the Apostles)

But you claim NEW INFORMATION from God would come 1800 years later based upon the history of Biblical Israel, a history and law intended expressly for the nation of Israel (Deut 4,5).....and one mistranlated passage that you attempt to mold around a false doctrine?

What do the scriptures actually declare about any future NEW REVELATIONS from God? Peter: "....For His (Jesus) divine power has granted to us EVERYTHING PERTAINING TO LIFE AND GODLINESS......"

Paul: "As we have said before, so I (Paul) say again, IF ANY MAN PREACHETH UNTO YOU ANY OTHER GOSPEL OTHER THAN WHICH YOU HAVE RECEIVED (past tense)..........LET HIM BE CURSED (anathema in Greek) -- 1 Cor. 6-9

Paul again, "That in us (the apostles) ye might learn NOT TO GO BEYOND THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN." -- 1 Cor. 4:6

What part of adding a Book of Moron 1800 years after the goseple had been received do you comprehend as not GOING BEYOND WHAT IS WRITTEN? If you use the Book of Moron you are invoking "ANATHEMA" from God as directed by the Apostle of Christ.

Then consider 2 John 9:11, "WHOSOEVER GOETH ONWARD AND ABIDETH NOT IN THE TEACHING OF JESUS CHRIST, HAS NOT GOD."

Next Jude declares, "I was constrained to write unto you exhorting you to earnestly contend for the FAITH WHICH WAS "ONCE FOR ALL" DELIVERED BY THE SAINTS." Jude 3

Speaking of Apostles of Christ. The prerequisites/requirements of being an Apostle are listed in the New Testament......with no ambiguity whatsoever. 1. An apostle has to be a direct eye witness of the Christ Jesus from John the Baptist forward until the death and resurrection..........an eyewitness of Christ's resurrection (Acts 1:21-22, 10:39-41) 2. An Apostle of Christ was gifted to demonstrate with signs and wonder to confrim the word being preached as coming directly from Jesus (Act 4:33, Heb. 2:4)

3. An Apostle had be around as a foundation in forming the New Church (Ep. 2:19-20). Even Paul, who once prosecuted the early church members was eyewitness to the works of Christ and was pesonally appointed by the Christ as an Apostle to the Gentiles. He is the only Apostle born out of season.

Question: How many modern day Apostles of Christ actually witnessed the miracles of Jesus from John the Bapitst forward, how many were directly appointed by Jesus when He came down in the form of a brilliant light, a light so bright that it blinded Paul? Who took the scales from the eyes these NEW APOSTLES?

Its obvious.........anyone claiming to be an Apostle of Christ should be capable of the signs and wonders used by the original Apostles in order to confirm this new Book of Mormon as coming from God, or the extra books used by the RCC, or the JW or the Koran. Show me these signs and wonders and confirm your false doctrine..........or not, because you cannot.
Of course there are contradictions and grammatical errors! How many times has it been translated and re-written to suit 40,000 Christian sects? You say "God is a spirit." I say God is spirit or spiritual. You are going to have a conniption fit over one letter "a." When there is plenty of other evidence God has a physical body. Was Jesus lying to his disciples when he appeared to two of them on the road to Damascus and showed them his body of flesh and bone? And, asked them in a telling way, "Does a spirit or ghost have a body of flesh and bones as you see me have?" If you continue to believe he does not then it is you that is not abiding in the teachings of Jesus Christ and you have not God.

For your sign you want for current day or latter-day Apostles I'll leave you with Matthew 16:4, "A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given unto it except the sign of the prophet Jonah." I'll make one slight change of names for our latter-days, "Joseph Smith" instead of Jonah. Verse 6 cautions me to "take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees. So, I am aware of you and so-called mainstreet Christians as they are like the religious leaders of Christ's day. You error.

As far as latter-day scriptures, I'm not going beyond that which is written. Isaiah 29 gives a sign of a marvellous work and a wonder to come up out of the ground (dug up) in the Last Days. The Book of Mormon as it is obviously a book Isaiah is referring to since men like yourself (Sadducees and Pharisees) could not read it and yet an unread lad was able to read it. All in the Bible, Isaiah Chapter 29. And, it's also in the Book of Ezekiel in the Bible. So, you are again in error.

Of course there are contradictions and grammatical errors! How many times has it been translated and re-written to suit 40,000 Christian sects? You say "God is a spirit." I say God is spirit or spiritual. You are going to have a conniption fit over one letter "a." When there is plenty of other evidence God has a physical body. Was Jesus lying to his disciples when he appeared to two of them on the road to Damascus and showed them his body of flesh and bone? And, asked them in a telling way, "Does a spirit or ghost have a body of flesh and bones as you see me have?" If you continue to believe he does not then it is you that is not abiding in the teachings of Jesus Christ and you have not God.

For your sign you want for current day or latter-day Apostles I'll leave you with Matthew 16:4, "A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given unto it except the sign of the prophet Jonah." I'll make one slight change of names for our latter-days, "Joseph Smith" instead of Jonah. Verse 6 cautions me to "take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees. So, I am aware of you and so-called mainstreet Christians as they are like the religious leaders of Christ's day. You error.

As far as latter-day scriptures, I'm not going beyond that which is written. Isaiah 29 gives a sign of a marvellous work and a wonder to come up out of the ground (dug up) in the Last Days. The Book of Mormon as it is obviously a book Isaiah is referring to since men like yourself (Sadducees and Pharisees) could not read it and yet an unread lad was able to read it. All in the Bible, Isaiah Chapter 29. And, it's also in the Book of Ezekiel in the Bible. So, you are again in error.

It becomes clear: You presented only 1 truth, YOU ARE NOT RELIGIOUS. Everything else is backed only by personal opinion apprently taught to you as a youth in a false religion pretending to be Christian. The Bible was recorded by Eyewitnesses (this is called prima facie evidence) -- 2 Peter 1:12-19

The Word of God is Clear, Its to be studied, and used for Doctrine, Correction, Rebuke, Instruction in righteousness....making the man of God "perfect" with the knowledge of how to serve God (2 Tim. 3:16-17)....All scripture is inspired of God, and we are to study to show yourself approved of God, a workman not needing to be ashamed with the knowledge of RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH. (2 Tim. 2:15-20).........avoiding all ignorant and profane babblings.

Thus far, that's all you had done........babbled.

Simply present your supposed contradicts.....recording errors are not contradictions they are man made errors......of course there are errors of tranmission, but those errors are minor (and do not take away from the truth of the entire passage) and can be pointed out as man made errors of transmission via the entire text that surrounds the error......the subject matter and entire text point directly to any error of transmission.....this does not do away with the inspired truth delievered by the content, context and subject matter of the entire passage of scriptures. When these books were recorded and reproduced.....they all were done by hand on paper that had a short life span, written by candlelight mostly by those who dedicated their lives in preserving the Word of God....being men, they made mistakes "uninspired" mistakes.

As I stated? Its clear you don't accept the Holy Scriptures as truth (thus you are not to be believed)......you cannot accept the word of God, as demonstrated it contradicts your entire false ideology. The scriptures are the only weapon a Christian has access to rebuke false doctrine, the word of God is used as ARMOR against false doctrine (or anyone could make up a supposed Book of Prophechy such as the Book of Mormon, the Koran, the JW's new Bible, the RCC extra books omitted from the canon.....etc) -- Eph. 6:13-17

Its clear that you refuse to believe an Apostle of Christ's word, its TRUTH that is under constant attack....the favorite weapon of the god of this world (Satan) -- 2 Thes. 2:9-12........if you don't accept God's Word as truth YOU ARE DELUSIONAL with a false hope. The word of God is the Christians weapon against deceit, "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any 2 edged sword, able to separate Soul and Spirit, joints and marrow.........." -- Heb. 4:12

There is no "nourishment" found gnawing on a dry bone. The Holy Bible exists today for one express reason and it will always be defended by the God of Creation..........recorded eyewitness accounting of the majestry of Christ Jesus in proving His teachings to be from Heaven. You accept or reject this truth at your own peril. "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

"What shall we say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? ...........................Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? AS IT IS WRITTEN!"

"Go therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son, and the Holy Spirit; teaching them to follow all that I have commanded you; and behold I Am with you always to the end of the age."

It becomes clear: You presented only 1 truth, YOU ARE NOT RELIGIOUS. Everything else is backed only by personal opinion apprently taught to you as a youth in a false religion pretending to be Christian. The Bible was recorded by Eyewitnesses (this is called prima facie evidence) -- 2 Peter 1:12-19

The Word of God is Clear, Its to be studied, and used for Doctrine, Correction, Rebuke, Instruction in righteousness....making the man of God "perfect" with the knowledge of how to serve God (2 Tim. 3:16-17)....All scripture is inspired of God, and we are to study to show yourself approved of God, a workman not needing to be ashamed with the knowledge of RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH. (2 Tim. 2:15-20).........avoiding all ignorant and profane babblings.

Thus far, that's all you had done........babbled.

Do you believe the Bible? Anything in the Bible? How about Luke 24, "36 ¶ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.
Do you still believe the Bible to be true doctrine? The doctrine that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, God, has a body of flesh and bones? Do you deny this?

Forum List

Back