I'm not in that world anymore

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I bought an item from the Catholic Store and since then, they've been sending me emails. Usually, I ignore them but I decided to read one today.

The email discussed things like Satan tempting us into thinking venial sin isn't so bad, Satan tempting us to try for purgatory instead of heaven, and how even our thoughts can be sinful.

But I'm sorry, I'm not in that world anymore.

When I was in that world, I lived in fear that anything I said, and anything I did, and anything I thought could be sinful and damn me to hell for eternity.

I've left this kind of thinking behind.

I still consider myself Catholic, but I now think that a God who loves us wouldn't want us to live in fear all the time.

I bought an item from the Catholic Store and since then, they've been sending me emails. Usually, I ignore them but I decided to read one today.

The email discussed things like Satan tempting us into thinking venial sin isn't so bad, Satan tempting us to try for purgatory instead of heaven, and how even our thoughts can be sinful.

When I was in that world, I lived in fear that anything I said, and anything I did, and anything I thought could be sinful and damn me to hell for eternity.

I still consider myself Catholic, but I now think that a God who loves us wouldn't want us to live in fear all the time.

Satan is tempting you with emails from the Catholic Store.

"I've left this kind of thinking behind."
No you haven't. Take a deep breath, read your own post.

Satan is tempting you with emails from the Catholic Store.
Yes indeed, he doesn't do at home calls anymore.

God is love and God loves us. In fact, I suspect He wishes we would love ourselves even half as much as He loves us. For this reason He wants us to be the best version of ourself possible--and not to just settle for a self that is "good enough". We need have no worries of hell, not when we are confident we aimed for the ideal and that every miss is forgiven. Love who you are becoming; look forward to knowing you at your best.

Some of the protestant denominations are FAR more into the fire and brimstone preaching.

I do believe that God is merciful, but also just. And that's why he will make unrepentant sinners PAY for their life of sin. Folks like Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Hillary, etc., will PAY a BIG price in the life to come while the rest of us are sipping Pina Coladas on the beach. Seriously.

were it mutual catholicism would no longer exist.

All you need is fear. It stops you becoming a problem for those important people with power.

Forum List

Back