I'm MAD AND YOU WILL BE TOO!

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
Your U.S. House & Senate have voted themselves $4,700
and $5,300 raises.
1. They voted to not give you a Social Security cost of living raise in 2010 and 2011.

2. Your Medicare premiums will go up $285.60 for the 2-years and you will not get the 3% COLA: $660/yr. Your total 2-yr loss and cost is -$1,600 or -$3,200 for husband and wife
3. Over 2-yrs The House & Senate each get $10,000 raises

4. Do you feel SCREWED?
5. WILL your cost of drugs - doctor fees - local taxes - food, etc., increase? You better believe they will!

WILL THEIRS? NO WAY .. They have a raise and better benefits. Why care about you? You never did anything about it in the past.
You're obviously too stupid or don't care. No offense; just making a point!

6. Do you really think that Nancy, Harry, Chris, Charlie, Barnie, et al, care about you?

SEND THE MESSAGE-- You're FIRED.

IN 2010 YOU WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GET RID OF THE SITTING CONGRESS AND Up to 1/3 OF THE SENATE,
AND 100% OF THE HOUSE.

MAKE SURE YOU'RE STILL MAD IN NOVEMBER 2010 AND TELL THEIR REPLACEMENTS NOT TO SCREW UP.

It is ok to forward this to your sphere of influence if you are finally tired of the abuse.
Maybe it's time for the........
Amendment 28

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United
States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives,
and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or
Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the
United States ."

Let's get this passed around, folks - these people in Washington have brought this upon themselves!!! It's time for retribution. Let's take back America ..

I noticed you only mentioned Democrats.

How is it you can say in one sentence that the Democrats want to give everyone free everything and in the next say they want to keep people down and give an annual raise?

Does not compute.

All the incumbents need to be voted out, not just one party.

Incumbents aren't the problem. People who are apathetic to the entire voting process and don't vote out politicians once they become lazy scum are. A group of legislators are only as good as the people voting them in.

In a time when 10% of working Americans are OUT OF WORK, getting by and making due with unemployment, COBRA or no insurance, they pull this shit?

When Americans are losing their jobs, homes, savings, 401(k) and other retirement benefits, they pull this shit?

What is their net gain? Looks to me about $15k/year additional, over and above their current salary (what IS the current salary now anyway.....about $200K/, even with the POTUS?).

Who here couldn't put to good use that $15k/year bump??? I know I sure could.

Do our politicians even understand that Americans are SUFFERING right now? Really bad?

The disconnect between us and them just becomes all the greater with this BS. :evil:

The Democrats created the current pay raise system. The President by law must recommend pay for Congress based on the cost of living increases.

Congress gets the raise UNLESS both the House and Senate vote it down.

The Democrats control both houses. THEY, not the Republicans, chose to get rid of raises for everyone else but to keep their raise. I REPEAT. The DEMOCRATS decided to keep their raise AFTER getting rid of raises for everyone else.

Who should we blame?

Nobody to blame except for ourselves. We are the people who keep electing this bunch of crooks.

Philobeado, it appears Congress denied itself a COLA for fiscal year 2010/2011. Apparently they did accept one in the amounts you mentioned last year. That is reprehensible but not exactly breaking news. This is pretty funny, though:

Washington Memo - Baffled by Health Plan? So Are Some Lawmakers - NYTimes.com

It seems that Congress unintentionally removed itself from federal health insurance before it will be eligible for coverage under the new law. Apparently 2,700 pages of legislation really was too much for them to read and understand.

In 2006, and again in 2008 the republicans allowed their dead weight to lose in the elections. I think it's time for the democrats to follow suit.

HUH?

so they take turns losing because they both suck?
that is the kind of illogic that got us here.

Waah they suck worse than we do, elect us.
Pathetic.

In 2006, and again in 2008 the republicans allowed their dead weight to lose in the elections. I think it's time for the democrats to follow suit.

HUH?

Pathetic.

If you haven't noticed.....the republicans are pretty lean in the House these days. There are reasons for that, and the republicans paid for it in the last 2 elections.....right?
How about the dems? Or, you really are not for cleaning the swamp? Or, it's Bush's fault? Which is it, UScitizen?

HUH?

Pathetic.

If you haven't noticed.....the republicans are pretty lean in the House these days. There are reasons for that, and the republicans paid for it in the last 2 elections.....right?
How about the dems? Or, you really are not for cleaning the swamp? Or, it's Bush's fault? Which is it, UScitizen?

so we give it back to the party that lost their ass in the last 2 elections?
Yeah that makes perfect sense to a partisan I suppose.

vote virtually all emcumbants and vote the best choice in. Regardless of party.
Brown was a good choice I think as an example, but Kennedy had to die for him to get in there.

for example should McCain be re-elected? Or Reid? Or McConnel? Or pelosi? or Vitter?
And the list goes on and on.

Last edited:

HUH?

Pathetic.

The Truth Hurts.

You oughta stick to Blaming BOOOOOOOOSSSSssssSSSSH!!

Its much less painful.

New Topics

Forum List

Back