I'm liking the feel of this election

Firehorse

Free Thinker
Sep 4, 2011
We have at this party and that telling us that Perry or Romney is our guy. Personally, if the media is telling me that this guy and that are great, I don't like them. It tells me that it someone that "plays ball"

So what did we do in Florida?

Voted for a guy that doesn't playball. If we keep this up, I have no doupt that the left and right will attack us for supportng a candidate that "can't win" ... What they does seem to get it is that the winner is desiced by votes, not by media soundbites.

Go Herman, but at the same time, remember, you have the voters, but if you start playing ball, we go elsewhere.

... just kidding ... sort of ... I'm not totally sure that a Herman Cain nomination would mean 4 more years of Obama. It's the mentality of not voting for anyone who has shown they know how to get along with other politicians which would ensure 4 more years of Obama.

We need to have someone who knows how to play the game or we'll get someone whom the left can hamstring as effectively as the right has hamstrung Obama.

Still, if Herman Cain sticks this out and becomes a real contender I'd consider voting for him ... even though I'm not sure he knows the difference between the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence ....

Last edited:
I like Cain but I don't think he can be elected. We need experience and character, not sure who has it but I am looking.

I really laugh at you folks who think you have the wisdom to determine who can or can't get elected. You're seriously overestimating Obama. Stop listening to the media and the political pundits. Any one of the Republican candidates running right now are capable of defeating him if they run the right campaign. This election is going to come down to the economy and the economy alone and come election day that is what is going to be on people's minds. When you have a "change election" taking place people aren't going to be concerned about all of the quirks and 30 second sound bites drummed up by the media and political organizations to make the alternative candidate sound fringe like or nutty. They aren't going to care about divisive social issues. People are going to decide whether they want four more years of stagnation or take a chance on someone new to put some life back into this country. That's all it's going to come down to. Case and point, Obama's first election. In any other year there is no way he would have won because his past espoused views and associations put him clearly out of the mainstream, but everyone ignored that because he spread a message of change. This is the year for you guys to get a staunch Reagan like conservative elected and if you listen to the establishment GOP instead you're going to screw yourselves.

Regarding Cain specifically, where do you get the idea that he has no experience? The man was the CEO of a company. He's actually created jobs for people and built a corporation from the bottom up. Obama would have a hard time trying to trump Cain's record on job creation.

Experienced politicians are exactly what I think people are getting sick of.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back